76th Annual Oscar Awards

Posted by: smilinize

76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/01/04 06:58 AM

Anyone watching the Oscars? Any surprises or comments. For me, except for Billy Crystal, it's pretty ho hum. Nice, but nothing unexpected so far.

Anyone have any interesting observations?

smile
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/01/04 11:02 AM

I was watching Star Wars for the 83rd billionth time. Our three TVs just automatically tune it in whenever it's on. I saw the Oscars during the commercials, basically because they're nominally more interesting than the commercials. I only saw one really interesting pair of earrings.
Posted by: Maggie

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/01/04 07:44 PM

Yes, we watched it and I am afraid I predicted that Lord of the Rings would sweep everything.
I did notice that the actors seemed more thoughtful and thankful this year. They seemed sincere to me.
Maggie

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/02/04 08:35 AM

Meredith, which earrings did you like?

Maggie, I noticed the same thing. Boring actually except for Billy Crystal's opening which was cute. Maybe they were afraid of the 5 second censor.

Speakermom, "Cold Case" and church, what a strange combination. [Smile]

smile

[ March 01, 2004, 01:50 PM: Message edited by: smilinize ]
Posted by: Candice Johnson

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/01/04 09:08 PM

I love watching awards shows, espeially to seeall the dresses, make up, and hair. I though Renee Z. was one of the best looking, as well as Diane Lane and Nicole Kidman. Also Catherine Zeta Jones. There weren't many bad dresses, except for Uma Thurman's.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/02/04 12:09 AM

HO HUM and YAWN, these award shows get more predictable and boring as time goes by. The one thing I did notice was that on "three," not just one occasion, they gave tribute to the authors of these movie epics. Lets face it without the book author these people everyone worships, would be out of a job. I like Billy Crystal and even he wasn't that funny. Too many award shows and after awhile they all seem the same. Sandra Bullock, Oprah and Catherine Zeta Jones did look nice. The big shot and his wife from the film Lord of the Rings looked like 'bag people.' I've seen them before and they always do....sad!

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/02/04 01:19 AM

Hey Chatty lady. You're right about the stars thanking the authors. That was a new thing. I don't remember it happening as much before. Thanks for pointing it out.

smile
Posted by: noonabras

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/02/04 02:49 AM

Could it be that we were all expecting something shocking ala Janet Jackson and the fact that nothing happened was a disapointment? What does that say? It was tame and predicatable oh well! Maybe Starsky and Hutch will sweep next year! HA HA!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/02/04 06:26 AM

Oscar who? [Confused]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/02/04 08:00 AM

I liked the earrings worn by the young gal who was going to sing with Elton John. They're the only ones that weren't ho-hum diamonds-as-usual.

Re: 76th Annual Oscar Awards - 03/02/04 05:20 PM

Shucks, I guess I missed Elton which was no real loss, but I sure hate missing those earrings. Darn. Maybe they'll do a rerun.

Oh well, M. yours are probably better anyway.
smile