Niagara Falls...?

Posted by: jabber

Niagara Falls...? - 06/13/12 11:18 PM

Anybody planning on watching "The Wallenda Walk" across Niagara Falls? Some folks have recently been asking for permission to go over the falls in a barrel. Every now and again, someone will unintentionally disappear into the Niagara River, via slipping, etc.
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Niagara Falls...? - 06/14/12 03:06 AM

I'm not sure when it is on, Jabber. but I am sure it will be fun to watch.

Re: Niagara Falls...? - 06/15/12 10:52 PM

He's walking tonight at 10 p.m.; people slept there overnight and have been lined up all day. All I care about is that he's okay.

HAPPY WALLENDA DAY!

Re: Niagara Falls...? - 06/16/12 03:56 PM

Nik Wallenda did it; and he did it with class. Even though they made him wear a safety harnass, he still looked good. I went over Niagara Falls recently, celebrating groovylass's birthday.
But we were in a helicopter! LOL...
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Niagara Falls...? - 06/16/12 05:48 PM

Helicopter rides can be a lot of fun, IMHO.

I've only done one, but it was in Alaska, and we were flying over a glacier. (Eventually we landed and I got out and walked on the glacier -- Mendenhall Glacier, as I recall.)

The pilot piped music from New Age singer Enya over our headsets as we flew. It was totally ethereal.

Bet your ride over the Falls was far more energetic than that, right?

Re: Niagara Falls...? - 06/17/12 12:40 AM

It's a once-in-a-lifetime sort of thing. Groovylass is from England. So it seemed like a good birthday present. Yes. I enjoyed it, too. Not much for airplanes and heights these days. Would love to see Alaska,though. That sounds awesome. Niagara Falls, both sides, are magnificent, too. Gotta love the beauty of God's creation!