Gadhafi...?

Posted by: jabber

Gadhafi...? - 08/22/11 01:54 PM

Anybody know where Gadhafi is hiding? Just kidding!!!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Gadhafi...? - 08/22/11 06:35 PM

LOL Jabber!

That's exciting news we've been hearing from Tripoli! I was watching some video of the celebration in the streets, and I noted it appeared there were even some women in their black cloaks, waving flags and burkahs. We are seeing history be made! (And I sure hope Gadafi doesn't manage to slink out of town!)

Here's a link to reportage from the Washington Post

Anne

Re: Gadhafi...? - 08/23/11 01:32 PM

Hi Anne!
I cannot seem to fine a consistent spelling of Moammar's last name; some spell it Gadhafi, others Gaddafi? Who knows. Yesterday they were reporting that Gaddafi's sons were captured; last night a couple of them showed up in public. The reporting is iffy at best! But I wish those who want peace, success!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Gadhafi...? - 08/23/11 03:31 PM

I agree there is inconsistency in the spelling. Must be due to translating it from Arabic, or something...

I was just watching some live coverage from Tripoli on NBC News, and I see that on-screen they are spelling it "Khaddafy," while the news reports I read in the paper spell it "Gadhafi."

They seem to agree on spelling Gadhafi's first name "Moammar," while his one son is "Seif al-Islam."

Re: Gadhafi...? - 08/24/11 01:36 PM

Anne,
Net listings spell Moammar in different variations. Even in American, the same name can have a variety of spellings.