Disney

Posted by: Dotsie

Disney - 03/15/07 01:20 PM

Hubby, daughter and I went to Animal Kingdom one day while we were in Orlando. Since I don't do the wild rides, I sat outside and watched the world go by, which I love to do. I can't tell you how many boomers I saw with grandchildren. There were some that seemed to be alone iwth grandkids, but more that were there with their children and grandchildren. Disney is definitely an intergenerational vacation.

Do you travel with your grandchildren?
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Disney - 03/16/07 01:04 AM

Not yet, but my daughter will take Katie to Disney soon, I'm sure. Since we have the Disney Vacation Club and go twice a year, they will go at the same time we do so we will do things with them there.
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Disney - 03/16/07 08:18 AM

We sure do. Last summer we took them to Disneyland and California Adventure Park in Anaheim. It was a ton of fun and I was so glad that they just about met the height requirements for all the rides. We'll do it again : )
Cindy
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Disney - 03/16/07 02:37 PM

I'm looking forward to taking my grandson. I can't wait. Busch Gardens. Universal Studios. Disney World. Woo-hoo!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Disney - 03/17/07 02:51 AM

Louisa, I thought of you when we were there becasue I recalled that you were a Disney person. You have so much to look forward to.

diamond, how old were your grandchildren when you took them?

Vicki, I loved Universal Studios even though I don't like the rides. It was such a fun atmosphere. I think that was my kids favorite.
Posted by: NewLeaf

Re: Disney - 03/17/07 05:33 AM

Dotsie, and all, I live here in FL, Orlando area, and I can tell you, I love it!!! We have it all here. The beaches, the sun and jungle atmosphere, the rain showers every afternoon in the summer, the theme parks and such a selection.

FL residents get a discount to the theme parks and what a great place for grandparents to take their GC'n. You get to experience the wonder of being an innocent child again and have the experience through their eyes.
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Disney - 03/17/07 08:45 AM

Dotsie, we took the younger ones...ages 5, 6 and 10. We waited until
Caleb turned 5. Any younger than that, it is still fun, but would have
been "work" as under that age they are not as independent.
Also, they remember more; the event means more to them : )
Cindy