Happy Holidays

Posted by: Jeannine

Happy Holidays - 12/05/06 10:48 PM

The Holidays, and Grandchildren...super combination! Needless to say, this time of year is a busy one for me. I wanted to share my Terrific Holiday Trio's picture with the other Grammas here. And I want to wish all the Ladies at BoomerWomen Speak a very Joyous Holiday Season.
Posted by: lionspaaw

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/06/06 12:30 AM

HOW PRECIOUS !!!

Happy Holidays to you too Jeannine
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/06/06 07:17 AM

They sure are sweet : )
Merry Christmas to all of you!
Cindy
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/06/06 09:34 AM

Such precious little elfs. Thank you Jeannine and the same to you....
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/06/06 04:14 PM

Wow, what great pictures of your grandchildren. Thanks so much for sharing. Happy Holidays to you as well, Jeannine.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/06/06 05:33 PM

Same here. Those pic's are darling and I could just hug them all. You are very lucky! Thanks so much for sharing with us and Merry Christmas and a Happy Properous New Year to you, my friend!

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/06/06 05:42 PM

Here's a pic of my little elf, Lea, from Christmas last year
Posted by: Jeannine

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/07/06 08:42 PM

Queen, what a doll-baby! Our granddaughter is our youngest, and this Grams thinks she's, well, da-bomb! Her name is Julianne, but I call her Miss Ju-lee. Pronounceed the way Bette Davis' character's name in the old 'Jezebel' movie was pronounced. With the Holiday pic, the two youngest thought it was a hoot, and our teen played along with it all, for his Grams' sake. Good little human beings, all three of them, for which I am most grateful.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/07/06 10:00 PM

All of your children and grandchildren are beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/07/06 10:20 PM

Dee wanted to share with you her beautiful Christmas tree and all of her decorations. I hope you can see this!

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/15/06 05:04 PM

I just got this picture, so I thought I'd share it with you. Dominik, my new grandson, and Santa.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/15/06 10:24 PM

Oh my goodness. Now I've seen it all, Santa holding an Angel!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/17/06 09:59 AM

I just love all these grandbaby pictures. This picture was just taken yesterday of me and my grand-angel. Tomorrow my brother is coming from the States to spend two weeks with us. Got sooo much to do. So I won't have much time checking into the forum, but believe me I'll try!
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/17/06 11:52 AM

Oh, what a beautiful picture! He's adorable. How nice it will be to have your brother there for a visit.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/17/06 04:47 PM

Great picture, Hannelore. I love the special effects.

My oldest daughter and her husband are supposed to be arriving some time today. They drove from Arizona to here in Florida over the weekend. Sadly, though they won't be here for Christmas. They have to get back before then for their jobs. But, it'll still be really nice to have them here. We haven't seen them since my other daughter's wedding last year.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/18/06 12:50 AM

Well, I've had the Build-a-Bear experience I went to the mall to pick up a gift certificate and also needed to pick up a toy for each of my husband's two grandchildren. He started bank accounts for them and we decided that we would put money in their accounts on special ocassions and holidays instead of buying things they don't need. I told him I would pick up something for them to play with so they can have something to open. (Not that a 6-month old baby opens things, but we're starting how we will handle birthdays, holidays, etc.) I will do the same for mine when she is here. I didn't like the line in the toy store and didn't know what to get. I wandered into the Build-a-Bear store. I had gift certificates in mind. I ended up making a puppy for Mason and a bear for Libby. I've never seen this before up close. They are so cute. I made the girl in the store dress them as I wasn't ready for that, but I picked out what I wanted. I had them both dressed in Red Sox outfits with shirts, pants and hats. The puppy even has sox and I put sunglasses on them. My husband thought it was great. I had to make them birth certificates too. Anyone else done this? (Like I'm the first one to discover this

Louisa

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/18/06 08:07 AM

Louisa, that sounds like fun; being able to dress up the Teddy Bears. I've never seen a store like that here. You posted somewhere else that you've already bought a line of books for your unborn grandchild. Ha ha, that's so cute... Another grandma as crazy as me!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/18/06 08:35 AM

Hi, Louisa: Yes, I have done that for my two older grandchildren. The Bear Factory here also encourages a small heart to be put in the bear on which you can sign or write a short note before it is sewn up. Additionally, you can also record a message or a song for the child, which they will also put inside.

Hi, Hannelore: Let me know if you want one for your grandchild. I can send you the contraption and the little heart to put in ahead by post if you want that included.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/18/06 08:54 AM

Lola, thank you for your offer, that's so sweet. I'll first check out if they have a bear factory here, maybe I just haven't seen it yet.
Yippee we pick my brother up at the airport at noon today. Afterwards we'll go to the Muenich Chritkindlmarkt. We're all so happy that he's coming, especially our Mom ! She hasn't seen him in two years.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/18/06 03:13 PM

Wow Hannelore you are so pretty, your BWS picture doesn't dso you justice. Such a young looking grandmnother. Have a ball with your brother, and all for the holidays.
Posted by: reyro

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/18/06 03:22 PM

Hannelore, What a beautiful picture! Enjoy your time with your brother for the bond between a brother and a sister is truly special. Hope you have a wonderful visit and a Merry Christmas.
And thank you to everyone for sharing their amazing pictures, I've enjoyed everyone and each of you have every reason to be proud. Happy Holidays!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/18/06 05:59 PM

Wow, how have I missed this post.

Jeannine, I love the expression on your oldest grandson's face. Could this be the last year he dresses for this picture? They are all precious.

Hannelore, girl, you're way to young looking to be a boomer. You look like you could be that child's mother.

Georgia, I swear that grandchild resembles you.

Dee, you house looks so Christmassy.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/18/06 10:26 PM

Thank you my dear friends for flattering me so. I posted the picture to show how my granddaughter cuddles. Gosh I love her so much for that.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch…Hubby is in bed with a terrible terrible cold. My brother is in bed with jet lag,
and
I'm free…
as you see…
to posty… (posty?)
tee-hee.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/19/06 01:06 AM

I love all of these pictures. Dee's tree is beautiful and all the grandchildren are amazing and Hannelore looks pretty hot for an old broad.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/19/06 04:52 PM

How precious the babies are. Gosh, I loved the Santa photo. I've not had the experience with build-a-bear but hopefully will find out about that when Adrianna is big enough...she turns one in January. I've been so busy lately. Decorating up until this past weekend, then I got sick, buying presents, trying to organize a family get-together here at the house for this coming weekend...I need a clone of myself.
I've missed talking to everyone on the forums...I've just been so darn busy that I haven't had a minute to stop...but, hopefully after this Saturday, things will be better. We just learned that my husband's son, who entered the Navy a few months back, will probably be heading to Iraq before this is all over. We, of course, are trying to remain positive but one can't help but worry. So, for now, while he's safe and sound in the USA, we're counting our blessings and he'll be spending the holidays with us. Keep him in your prayers, please. Merry Christmas to you all and thank you so much for the wonderful cards I've received thus far. You truly are the sprinkles of joy and I love looking at my cards and showing them to family and friends when they come by. God bless every one of you.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/21/06 03:15 PM

Our Christmas tree this year is our Baby Grand piano! We just don't have room in this new flat. I've arranged the presents under the piano and have a vivid imagination. Think of it, no mess to clean up afterward.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/21/06 07:02 PM

Hey whatever works, Dianne....Christmas in in the heart of the family in the home anyway.

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/21/06 07:15 PM

Oh a baby grand piano! I'd take that anytime over a tree. Besides, you can play "Oh Christmas tree" on it.
Do you play piano Dianne? Your husband? Both of you?

Re: Happy Holidays - 12/22/06 03:57 PM

LOL! We have it hooked up to a computer that plays it.