First Overnight

Posted by: Edelweiss

First Overnight - 10/19/06 09:44 AM

I'm so excited because our granddaughter will be staying for the weekend with us. She's our first grandchild, a bouncing, bubbly, 8 months old sweetheart. Yesterday we went out and bought a travel bed for her, of course we couldn't go past the toys without flipping out. I have to hold my Hubby back...after all Christmas is around the corner. She doesn't sleep through yet, but that's okey...I'll love rocking her in the night.
Got to go study those nursery rhymes!
Want to see a picture of her in a dirndle?
Here's our little angel:
Posted by: Cookie

Re: First Overnight - 10/19/06 12:35 PM

She's adorable, Hannelore!! I think she has her grandma's eyes... and smile.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: First Overnight - 10/19/06 12:58 PM

Oh my gracious. She's precious. I love her skin coloring and those beautiful brown eyes and eyelashsess. What a doll. I guess we won't be eharing from you this weekend. Have fun.
Posted by: Lola

Re: First Overnight - 10/19/06 07:11 PM

Hallo, little one. Wie heiben sie? Wilkommen in BWS. And have fun with Oma.

She's so cute, Hannelore!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: First Overnight - 10/19/06 07:25 PM

OMG...she is beautiful! I just love that picture. What a grandbeauty, for sure!
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: First Overnight - 10/19/06 08:09 PM

Hannelore,

She is beautiful. I know you are a wonderful Oma! Have fun!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: First Overnight - 10/19/06 10:50 PM

Oh my what an Angel. I would never want to put her down...and she has her grandmas big beautiful dark eyes.
Posted by: Pam R.

Re: First Overnight - 10/20/06 12:29 AM

What a dollface, and such a pretty dress! Enjoy every minute with her Hannelore. Every time I see our little Katie I just skip a beat! This feeling is incredible, can't wait to have her overnight too!

Re: First Overnight - 10/20/06 08:12 AM

Oh thank you ladies for gushing with me. Tee hee. I never ever thought I'd turn into one of "those" Grandma's (Omi)…but it happens. It's not in your power to control. Something grabs you by your heart and makes you want to show off. Thank you for abiding by me. I know you all have beautiful grandchildren. I just had to show you her dress (dirndle). I thought it' something special, that you probably don't get to see in the States, especially in that size.. It was fun sharing with you.

Re: First Overnight - 10/20/06 07:49 PM

You need to enter that photo in a contest. I just love it.

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 02:12 PM

Hannelore, I hope you don't mind my sharing this space? I wanted to show off my youngest grandbeauty, Katie bug. She's such a sweet little thing.

Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 02:33 PM

Oh my what beautiful little girls!

One of my co-workers said if he was me he wouldn't tell anyone about being a grandparent........but I can't help myself! My gs is such a joy in my life, how could I keep quiet?

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 03:11 PM

Oh, this is wonderful. So glad you shared JJ.
What a cutie! Those pink cheeks, and her little button nose. How old is Katie bug? Love that hat!

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 03:54 PM

I could just eat her with a spoon. She's six months old. And thank you ladies. I know you share in the joy of grandparenting...isn't it just the greatest occupation? Here's one of Lea, Katie's big sissy, playing in the sink. I sit her up there while I wash dishes. She has a ball!

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 07:22 PM

Ooooo how cute! More more!
Does she have her Grandma's eyes? You better believe it!

I'm especially nuts about my granddaughter, because I had two sons. There is a difference, don't you think JJ? My granddaughter loves sparkly jewelry, bright colors and sways to music. Our sons loved brrrrmmm cars, banging on pots, and hanging on our legs while we were walking.

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 07:52 PM

I too had TWO sons and yes ma'am, big difference. I love getting to see and experience the "girlie" stuff for a change. Lea loves sparkly stuff and music. We have lots of Tea Parties with me sitting at her tiny table. Imagine my big butt hanging over the chairs. But when she comes to me and say, "You want to play with me, Gran Maw?" What do you do? I play...and play....and play. I'm completely devoted to my grandchildren. Such love!

JJ

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 08:42 PM

JJ, even a small butt would hang over a tiny chair. What a sweet Gran Maw you are.
Do you live close to your grandchildren? We live about an hour and a half away. My son is starting to talk about moving closer to us. Hope hope hope so!

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 08:47 PM

I live about 20-25 minutes away. Not far at all. In the same town, and I found out that I could NEVER live too far away! ha!
Posted by: Lola

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 08:53 PM

Oh, gosh! You know the song that goes "K-k-k-katie, beautiful Katie..."? She's so cute, JJ!

Re: First Overnight - 10/24/06 09:03 PM

You are both very fortunate. What little beauties. I also had two sons and have two grandsons and one grandaughter (that I know of) anyway she is 21 now and we are as close as when she was growing up. It was fun then and now, different but very rewarding when she comes to me for advice or just to visit and says, 'lets hang out Gram.'

Re: First Overnight - 10/25/06 09:33 PM

Georgia, those little ones are precious...even though they resemble you! HA! Gotcha... I think that's a first.

Hannelore, how was your weekend?

Re: First Overnight - 10/26/06 06:59 AM

Dotsie, Hubby said if our granddaughter stayed any longer my milk would start shooting in. LOL.
I put little swim diapers on her and took her with me in our jacussi. She squeeled with delight, and actually threw her head back and laughed ha ha, just like you write it. "ha-ha". It was so funny.
But what is also great is there is some protective mechanism built in a grandma and grandpa's soul, so that you can give your grandchild back to her parents without feeling sad. Thank God for that.

Chatty, how wonderful that you still have a good relationship with your granddaughter. Oh my, if nature allows, you could become a "great Grandma" !

Re: First Overnight - 10/26/06 11:56 AM

Your husband's a riot. Now that's a strong bond. It reminds me of something I did when my kids were little. Our youngest two are only ten months apart. Our first two are adopted and while waiting for the second one to arrive from Korea, I got pregnant. Okay, so I was feeding the youngest two for months. Adopted daughter was bottle fed, birth son was nursed. One night I sat with my daughter in the rocking chair in her room before bedtime all ready to feed. I pulled up my shirt and realized it was the wrong child. I had to call hubby to get me her bottle from the kitchen. OOPS.

Re: First Overnight - 10/26/06 10:36 PM

Whays that saying: "Old Habits Die Hard."

Re: First Overnight - 10/28/06 12:35 PM

Yeah, you aren't kidding.