Money for the grandkids......

Posted by: chatty lady

Money for the grandkids...... - 04/12/05 02:45 AM

Many years ago I bought my Grandson a Life Insurance policy with Globe Life Insurance with a value of $25,000. I paid $1,00 for the first month and now pay $12.35 a month. This policy cannot be cancelled and at age 18 Jason can use the money for college or leave it there and continue the premiums. He, no matter what health issues he may have can not be cancelled and this childs policy can be converted to whole life as he matures. So he'll always have insurance or college money. I believe Gerber has the same kind of policy. Its a wonderful thing to do for your grandkids and even your own young children.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Money for the grandkids...... - 04/12/05 06:57 AM

That's great advice Chatty. I started my grandkids a savings account and add to it occasionally, but insurance might have been a good choice too. You never know, but it sounds very good. You must be a terrific grandma.
smile
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Money for the grandkids...... - 04/12/05 07:17 AM

I've been bless with three great grandkids, Jared 22, Crissy 20 and Jason 14. It would be hard not to be a good grandma to kids as well raised and behaved and loving as these three. My David and Wendy have done a great job, I take some of the credit but on a scale from 1 to 10, I only claim about a 3. I feel so lucky. [Big Grin]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Money for the grandkids...... - 04/13/05 07:25 AM

I hope and pray we will be able to do something for our grandchildren when the times comes. By then we should be finished with college and that alone will give us a big raise!

I think it's a blessing for the grandkids and their parents!