The queen is struttin'

Posted by: Dotsie

The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 12:23 AM

Our Queen Jawjaw is dancing on cloud nine. [Big Grin]

Her son and daughter-in-law gave birth to baby girl Lea today at 2:06p.m. She weighed 7 pounds and 7 ounces! She's healthy and precious with a head full of dark hair. She's the cutest one in the nursery. [Wink] Guess who said that?

The queen is in her glory and is stayin' at the hospital until they kick her out.

I'm sure she'll have stories to tell!

Another boomer becomes a grandma! [Big Grin]
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 01:14 AM

Oh, I'm sure she's bustin' her buttons! Congratulations! Imagine the stories to be told about that baby!

Donna
Posted by: Maggie

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 01:48 AM

Hi,
Congratulations to the Queen!!!
Maggie
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 02:22 AM

JJ, what wonderful news!!! You sound just like a proud grandma.

Congrats!!
Posted by: TVC15

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 02:27 AM

Oh that is the best news! Congratulations! So, please tell us, is it going to be Queen Grandma, Gramma JawJaw, Nanny da Queen or What? Whatever you choose, that lucky kid has got the best hearted most wonderful Grandma in the whole wide world!
Posted by: smilinize

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 02:32 AM

Isn't this is the greatest?
JJ's gonna' be a terrific grandma.
I bet the baby is beautiful just like her grandma.
We need photos.
smile
Posted by: chickadee

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 04:06 AM

A little Jewel for our Queen. Oh JJ! We are all so happy for you. God bless you and your family on such a wonderous event!
Can't wait to hear more. [Big Grin]
Posted by: lalapaloosa

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 07:37 AM

Congrats to you, JJ and family!!!

I am sorry, J, but THEY NAMED THEIR BABY AFTER ME!!!! [Razz] [Wink] [Big Grin]

My name is Linda Lea (pronounced Lee) which means "beautiful meadow". So, little Lea's name means meadow.
I am so excited for you! Fun! Fun! Fun! Give that baby girl a snuggle from me!

I didn't know our children were having babys so close together. I spent the day with a very pregnant, uncomfortable daughter having tons of Braxton Hicks contractions all day long. She is due in November, but it sure seems like any day now!

Again, CONGRATULATIONS! OH HAPPY DAY!!!
PS What is Lea's middle name?
Posted by: lalapaloosa

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 08:08 AM

I just read in the diet forum that Lea is your FIRST GRANDCHILD!!!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] Triple Happy, [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Super Duper, [Big Grin] [Big Grin] Stupendous, [Big Grin] [Big Grin] "Man Am I Gonna Be Broke From Now On" Day!!!! If you can pass up those cute little girl things you are a stronger woman than I am!!
Posted by: WizardofZA

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 08:46 AM

Congratulations, JawJaw! What wonderful news!! We want to hear all the fantastic details. I am so happy for you!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 12:40 PM

There are many words to describe what you must be feeling Grandma but they escape me at the moment. I am so very happy for you and the babies parents. No child could ask for or have a better, more generous and loving grandmother that little Lea has. [Wink] Congradulations! [Wink] [Big Grin]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 02:13 PM

Yuhoooooooooooooooooo.....

Big Mama here. Well ladies, I can only say that I thought I knew love. Honey...you don't know pure love till you hold your first grandchild. I don't think I will ever be off this cloud.

Lea (pronounced Leah) is beautiful!!!! Course all new babies either look like China-men when first born, or a Conehead from Saturday Night Live. But give them a few hours and viola! She has jet black hair, a tiny yellow bow in her hair (how cute is that?) and of course loves her Big Mama (that's me).

She weighed 7 lbs 7 oz and has a beautiful little cry when she wants to eat. Or you know...bet she is just wanting me now that I think about it...hm...maybe I should leave and go back over to the hospital. I bet she's wanting her Mammaw...

Thanks for all of the kind wishes and blessings girls. My priceless moment came when my son held her for the first time. The sight of him smiling, full of joy, looking down at his daughter so full of love for her...well, that my friends was worth all the gold on earth. I wouldn't have missed it for the world.

JJ - A.K.A. Big Mama

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 02:24 PM

Now you got me bawling at 6 0'clock in the morning.
Oh Georgia, Your son is sooo lucky to have you as his momma!

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 04:22 PM

Oh JawJaw,
I've got tears in my eyes also!
Best wishes and blessings for Princess Lea!

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 04:44 PM

Princess Lea? Oh boy, here we go! [Wink] ANother one in the queen's court. Yahoo! [Big Grin]
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 08:40 PM

Nice name! My daughter's name is Leah! And that IS a fitting name for a princess.

Princess Donna
Posted by: Ellie

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/07/04 11:07 PM

Congrats Queen Grandma -
A baby is God's way of saying the world must go on!!!! What an incredible feeling that must be!!!! Tears in my eyes too!!!!
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/08/04 12:10 AM

CONGRATS OH GRAND AND GLORIOUS QUEEN/GRANNY! Well, needless to say, we are thrilled for you. Princess Lea....just too perfect. I know this is a very special time for you (and your son and his wife too of course). Enjoy these special moments. Another "Daddy's Girl" is born!!! [Big Grin]

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/09/04 07:30 AM

pictures...we want pictures! [Big Grin]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/09/04 07:37 AM

PICTURES!!
smile
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/08/04 08:24 PM

soon...very soon...

JJ

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/09/04 07:26 AM

JJ could you get those pics to us before Wed. I won't be here after that. I'll be gone for 3 wks visiting my grandbabies. If I gotta wait til I get back... heck she could be all grown up by that time!
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/09/04 06:48 PM

How wonderful, JJ! Congratulations and best wishes on the memories of a lifetime being good ones!
Posted by: Sherri

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/10/04 07:05 AM

Congratulations and have a wonderful time with your beautiful new granddaughter!! I have 11 and will get another grandson in November!!

We just got home from seeing 2 of them last night. Our trip to Europe was glorious! Very tired but have a few days to rest up before going back to work.

Love,

Sherri

Re: The queen is struttin' - 10/09/04 09:36 PM

Congratulations again JawJaw,
I saw your name in the writesuccess newsletter!