Off-the-wall stuff with grand girls

Posted by: Di

Off-the-wall stuff with grand girls - 01/09/12 01:18 AM

Even though I'm not a "blood" grandmother, I have the honor of being the goofy step-Nunna!

I do things like: Give them all sorts of rocks or buttons...and have them "find the rock/button"...that "looks like an apple", or "buttons that have four holes/have a shaft" etc.

When I read to them in bed, I act out what the story says...or ask them questions that pertain to the story. (These girls are ages 4 and 6)

We have such a fun time!

What goofy stuff have you done/do you do with grands?
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Off-the-wall stuff with grand girls - 01/09/12 06:59 PM

Based on my experience with my kids and their various grandparents - blood and step - I am sure you are building a wonderful relationship with your grandkids. Good for you!

When my daughter got married, she invited all her grandparents, of course, but she also invited one of my Dad's former wives - which I guess makes her a "former step grand."

I thought it wonderful that she still has such a good relationship with this wonderful woman... and that all the grands (pretty much) behaved themselves at the event!

To date I don't have any grandkids, blood or step, but I am hoping to be a good grand when the times comes.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Off-the-wall stuff with grand girls - 01/11/12 09:37 PM

Grandkids are the neatest people!!!