spending time with the grands

Posted by: Dotsie

spending time with the grands - 01/28/09 12:44 PM

What are your favorite activites to do with your grands when they are in your home?
Posted by: Lola

Re: spending time with the grands - 01/28/09 07:57 PM

Favourite activities in my grandmother's house?

We never do anything in her house because we never stay indoors when we visit her. She takes us all over town. My favourite place is Leicester Square where I can ride the carousel and go to Starbucks after. With my grandmother, I am allowed to have a lollipop. Sugar and salt are banned in my house.

When we return to my grandmother's house after a long day out, I get to play with all the funny bottles in her bathroom and empty them in the tub.

We can be as silly as we want in my grandmother's house. It is where grandchildren are spoiled.

Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: spending time with the grands - 01/28/09 08:05 PM

Lola, LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: spending time with the grands - 01/28/09 10:16 PM

Oh Lola,...you must be the queen of grandmothers to give them the "forbidden" fruit. Do you have puppet shows near you? Next time A comes I want to bring her to a puppet show. They have adorable puppets,...with witches, and robbers, policemen, good fairies, and of course the sweet grandma, who always comes to the rescue. lol.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: spending time with the grands - 01/28/09 10:32 PM

Oh my Lola what a unique and brilliant idea, captioning the photos as if the child were speaking. Loved that, and he is so precious. What a happy looking little person. If I die and come back as a kid again, I want you for my grandmother...

Re: spending time with the grands - 01/28/09 10:45 PM

Glad you enjoyed it, Kathy.

Only in the summer, EW. And then in the winter, they have pantomines here. My daughter used to love puppets. I bought her a Punch and Judy set in Nuremberg when she was little. They're 6-inch Steiffs. But, she won't let her children play with them. So, we do "Thumbelinas" instead. Draw a face on your thumb and put a hanky or tissue over it. It's portable and guaranteed against loss or breakage. LOL! Yep. They get a fair share of sweets, MacDonalds and fizzy drinks when I take them out.

Re: spending time with the grands - 01/28/09 10:47 PM

And, we'd surely have fun playing with tea sets and play pretend cooking, Chatty.
Posted by: orchid

Re: spending time with the grands - 01/29/09 03:31 AM

Lola your grandchild is a delight!
Posted by: mkpelland

Re: spending time with the grands - 03/13/09 07:28 PM

I love to play PlayDough with my six grands, all under 4 years old. we use the store bought version or cook up a batch and play with it while it's warm and soft. This is my best stress reliever.
Can I ask you grandmas to take a look at a contest I have going for little girls (boys, too, I guess!)? One of my publishers gave me three copies of Hannah Montana's new secret website book that includes a secret code to unlock the membership area.I'll send them to three lucky girls, but entry has been very slow.
Just look at my site at http://www.womendaybyday.com/2009/03/hannah-montana-contest-win-key-to-hannahs-secret-site/
Make one comment to the Hannah post and include Miley Cyrus's birthdate in the post. I'll draw three names from the replies.
BTW-I love the photos in this post and really like BoomerWomen!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: spending time with the grands - 03/16/09 08:16 PM

Lola, how precious! I'm so glad you shared those. Talk about putting a smile on grumpy's face (that would be me) today! Good for you.

mkpelland, welcome gal, and I'll be happy to go over there and enter my grandchildren. Is that how we do it? They aren't old enough to write, but they know who Hannah Montana is!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: spending time with the grands - 03/16/09 08:52 PM

I am doing the happy dance all over my house because I am going to be a GREAT-Grandmother and theres going to be a new sweet baby in the house again!!!! Haven't had one since Jason and he is 18 now headed for the Marine Corps in July. I know i posted this before too but Lordy I haven't been this happy in I don't know when. Please pray its (of course healty) but I would LOVE a girl for me to spoil.

Re: spending time with the grands - 03/16/09 08:54 PM

Dancing with you, Chat!