Little stuff for the babies

Posted by: Di

Little stuff for the babies - 09/16/08 02:06 PM

What can I give the girls (2 1/2 and 9 months old) from Nunna and Grandpa that is small yet fun? Don't want to inundate their parents with more "stuff".

DH and I will be seeing his granddaughters "in passing". They are coming thru this area on the way back from vacation. (driving). With their parents of course!

Thanks!
Posted by: keyholes

Re: Little stuff for the babies - 09/16/08 02:18 PM

Di, I'm thinking about the many times we drove up and down I75 in Ohio to visit my folks and in-laws and what they did to help us keep the kids amused in the car for several hours.

A few things pop in mind:

An etch-a-sketch is good for a toddler, and not messy!!! One of my kids had one and it went everywhere in the car with us. Low tech, but I don't know if they even still sell those.

Small stuffed animals or soft dolls they can play with or cuddle with to nap in the car?

Big, thick kiddie books? Dan's 2-year old granddaughter has a number of those large print, thick, heavy pre-school books that she loves to look at in the car seat. I think they even have some that play sounds or words.

We sometimes go to the Dollar Stores or find small amusing things while out looking at garage sales for Dan's grandkids that are inexpensive and small when Dan has the kids.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Little stuff for the babies - 09/26/08 08:26 AM

What great ideas Keyhole. Di, give them nothing that makes noise or can spill, drives parents nuts. Coloring book and crayons works well in the car traveling or on the floor.The 9 month old won't really know whats going on but a nice cuddly doll/animal is always a safe bet.

Re: Little stuff for the babies - 09/26/08 03:28 PM

I got a couple of cute learning ABC books for the 2 1/2 yr old....and I have a couple of our Ducky Soaps for each girl. They are no fragrance...safe for the little ones. Each time we see them, which is not often, I give them a new one...what fun for their baths!

Re: Little stuff for the babies - 09/26/08 05:32 PM

Chatty, we had to travel with the 4 kids (all rather close in age, too) quite a bit when they were small. It was a miracle when all 4 were quiet, occupied, and happy simultaneously.

Di, I'll have to check out the Ducky Soaps. That might be a good present for Dan's gdaughter sometime!

Re: Little stuff for the babies - 09/26/08 07:36 PM

Well, today is NOT the day after all. frown They'd rather get right home.....the girls will have been in the vehicle, strapped into their car seats for a 9 hour drive.....and we do not want to put any undue pressure on them.

So, we'll go over to Tucson some time later on.

Keyholes......I'll need to get my photographer to get pics. If you can hang on, I'll get them for ya!

Re: Little stuff for the babies - 09/30/08 02:26 PM

Cool!!! I'd love to see them. I don't have many small children in my life right now except for Dan's g-babies. But I enjoy making sure that I get them something fun or enjoyable for special occasion....they are just sooooooo adorable!