Row row row your boat

Posted by: Edelweiss

Row row row your boat - 05/29/08 06:37 AM

Last week we took Anaiya on a rowing excursion. It's a beautiful moat around the old city wall of Augsburg. I felt we were rowing through a Monet painting.
Here she is with her grandpa (Opa).
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/29/08 07:02 AM

She is the most beautiful child...I can't imagine anyone not loving her madly. Just look at that curly hair.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/29/08 08:37 AM

Edelweiss, what a beautiful photo! I bet you had the best time there...great memories for all of you!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/29/08 12:55 PM

EW, that picture puts a smile on my face. How lovely! And I love sharing her life. Thank you for being so generous!
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/29/08 01:13 PM

Edelweiss the picture is simply beautiful. She's absolutely gorgeous. She looks perfectly content with her Opa.

Sweetie, thanks so much for sharing her with us. These are great memories for you to store up. Enjoy them.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/29/08 01:19 PM

EW,
Your granddaughter is soooooo beautiful!!!! And that picture does look like a Monet!!! There's something about that bond between grandparents and grandchildren that is just magical!!! I don't live a day without thinking of the fond memories I have of my adoptive, maternal grandmother and grandfather. And those thoughts, warm my heart. God love you and your husband for giving little Ana memories that will carry her the rest of her life!!!!
Prayers and blessings,
Posted by: gims

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/29/08 08:27 PM

Posted by: Louisa

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/29/08 11:30 PM

Just beautiful, EW. She is so precious.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/30/08 07:58 AM

I love her..she has grown up quickly.
Mountain ash

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/30/08 09:20 AM

I think it's so exciting that you can all experience Anaiya's growing and developing with me. We have her over a year now, and it's incredible what changes happen within this period of time. I can't remember realizing it so intensely with my own children.

She talks and sings and makes little jokes. She has a great sense of humour, and embraces the world with her happy smile. While we were rowing, she called hello and waved to everyone passing by. She's always making people smile; … including my Boomer sisters. That makes me especially happy!
Posted by: Vicki M. Taylor

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/30/08 06:56 PM

You're right... it does look like a painting... your granddaughter is absolutely precious... an adorable doll. What a beautiful smile. How old is she?

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/31/08 05:41 AM

She turned two in February. She speaks English and German...and sometimes it all sounds like Chinese.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/31/08 11:59 AM

We need to teach her Southernese...What YA'LL think?
Posted by: jabber

Re: Row row row your boat - 05/31/08 02:29 PM

Great! Southernese would be cool! Little bilingual people are sooooooo cute! A tiny gal in our family spoke Italian
and English from the time she could talk. It tickles your heart to hear 'em. Love to every boomer...
Posted by: humlan

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/01/08 12:06 AM

She´s really very precious!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/01/08 12:46 PM

Such a beautiful family. She is one, very lucky girl.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/02/08 10:26 AM

EW, she is precious. And your hubby looks so content to have her in his lap. You all are great grandparents. She is blessed to have you.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/07/08 02:46 AM

Hannelore...a definite aaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww moment. She is breathtakingly beautiful. And your husband is a cutie.
I remember Augsburg well...I miss Germany so much...

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/10/08 08:23 PM

Edelweiss, I was just looking at the picture again and I could almost feel the serenity of the surroundings. Germany seems to have so many beautiful places.

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/11/08 08:31 AM

Aw, thank you Chatty. Honestly I have to hold back posting pictures of Anaiya. I don't want to monopolize this thread. She loves to be photographed, and yes; the little ham poses.

Chatty, keep those Afghans rolling. Maybe someday you can come over here to visit and get the "royal" tour.
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/12/08 02:03 AM

EW, she is such a beautiful baby! I miss the countryside in
Germany. We used to go to the Wasserkuppe alot, for one.
Posted by: savvygrandmother

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/26/08 09:33 PM

HOw precious is that! I have a picture of my husband and I with three of my four grandchildren in life jackets. I wanted to include it with the following: "Need some rowers?" Couldn't do it because I didn't know how to add a picture. Maybe next time!

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/27/08 06:57 AM

This morning like every morning, Anaiya came shuffling into our bedroom to wake us up. I say shuffling, because she still had her sleeping bag on; but she masters the penguin walk perfectly. She then came to my side of the bed, and just stared at me, with a big smile on her face till I opened my eyes.

This morning, when I wanted to get up, she said “no no Oma, I sing to you.” So I lay down again, and she sang the entire lullaby repertoire that she knows. Well, being a good grandma, I fell right back asleep, and while I was sleeping,…she stuck all kinds of stick on pictures over my right leg.

I just love those moments.

Hope you can get the knack of posting pictures savvygrandmother! Try this link. They will explain how.

http://photobucket.com

Diamond, Maybe you can come on over again. Mi Casa, su Casa.

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/27/08 08:12 PM

Edelweiss, I put the info about photo bucket in my Favorires, I will study and master it if it kills me...

Re: Row row row your boat - 06/28/08 07:41 AM

Chatty, if you need any help or have any questions I can lead you through it.