Deadly monsoon storms

Posted by: yonuh

Deadly monsoon storms - 08/07/07 12:12 AM

Two teenage girls were killed this past weekend when a wall of water came down a canyon and swept them away. About fifty other people were trapped but were able to get to higher ground and were rescued with helicopters. We have had severe storms and flooding here over the last week and a half. One man died when his SUV was swept into and down a wash (creek) and trapped under a railroad bridge - the water was actually over the top of the bridge. The guy never had a chance. Please keep all their families in your prayers.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Deadly monsoon storms - 08/07/07 01:14 AM

How horrible and how sad. My heart aches for them all. I will hold them close to my heart and keep them in my prayers. Life is so precious AND SO SHORT! With all the recent tragedies of late, it brings this point home to us even more. May God surround them all with His love.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Deadly monsoon storms - 08/07/07 01:29 AM

It's the monsoon season here in Nevada too the entire month of August, and the storms have been scary. And the flash flooding has been awful, that water comes like a train down the empty old river beds and the desert is full of them. The problem is that many builders built subdivisions right over them and the rain fall follows the same path it has forever, thus homes flooded and destroyed.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Deadly monsoon storms - 08/07/07 03:36 PM

How sad for the families to deal with these tragedies. I pray for them to recieve comfort from above.

Yes, all these issues keep us realizing how precious life is, even with all its troubles, how short it is and how fragile we are against it all.