Feeling funny, freaking out

Posted by: Princess Lenora

Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/30/07 10:50 PM

Hello friends, I feel funny for asking for prayers. I hold people in prayer, but I don't think I know how to receive prayer. I am freaking out. So I am reaching out. I also hate to sound like a victim, but I do feel as though I've reached my limit. As you know from the "lying is cheating" thread, my H and I have had our share of concerns regarding our relationship. And, as you know from the "caring for our parents" forum, you'll read that my mother has terminal cancer and Alzheimer's. In the meantime, my H got fired. And I re-entered a former career in real estate. I'm still, always, working on my Project for TEARS, and I have a presentation to give next week. But there is no income! How do we live without an income? I do not want to have to put my own house on the market; we will not even break even. We are living on savings and faith. I'm nervous that without health insurance I will have to cut back on my anti-depressants. My H is medicated too. I'm rambling. Before I go on and on, please, if you have a chance, if you want to, a prayer for my H and I would be OK with me. Love and Light back at you, L, PL
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/30/07 11:59 PM

Of course I will keep you and your family in my prayers. I firmly believe that things always work out the way they are supposed to, even if we don't realize it at the time.

Love and cyber-hugs coming your way.
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 01:46 AM

Lynnie,
You have my prayers at all times . There is an Alz web site that I can give you . www.alz.org they have a chat room and a forum to go onto to ask questions about Alz .I will keep you and your husband in my prayers for a new job and health.

All the best ,

Renee
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 01:51 AM

Lynnie, you're always in my heart too...I'll keep you especially close in my prayers tonight and throughout the coming days. What a tough road you're on right now! Must be so overwhelming at times...remember to close your eyes, take a deep breath and know, KNOW, that you are loved more than you can imagine, stronger than you think you can be and you're not alone. Feel our loving care, our support, our prayers lifting you up in those moments when you feel most overwhelmed by it all...we're there, God's there.

I'm going to finish this post because I want to go find the lyrics to a song that has been helping me through my grief...I'll be right back...

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 01:58 AM

This is called "Desert Rose" by Whiteheart...it has brought me immeasurable comfort over the past few months, especially the part where they sing "He will hold you"...

Lost in a windswept land
In a world of shifting sand
A fragile flower stands apart.
There on that barren ground
You feel like the one
Trying to serve Him with all your heart.

And you wonder, wonder
Can you last much longer?
This cloud you are under -
Will it cover you?

Desert rose (desert rose)
Don't you worry, don't be lonely,
Heaven knows, Heaven knows -
In a dry and weary land, a flower grows,
His desert rose

Sometimes holiness
Can seem like emptiness
When you feel the whole world's laughing eyes;
But if it's a lonely day,
Know you're on the Father's way,
He will hear you when you cry...

And He will hold you, hold you,
Your Father will hold you;
He will love you, love you
For the things you do.

Desert rose (desert rose)
Don't you worry, don't be lonely
Heaven knows, Heaven knows,
In a dry and weary land, a flower grows,
His desert rose

Desert rose...
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 02:26 AM

PL,

Consider my best thoughts, prayers and wishes yours! It's hard not to look at the circumstances as they are and become overwhelmed. I will pray that you are able to envision the beautiful gifts that God has all lined up in pretty satin boxes for you...and that as you hold that vision...they start to arrive one by one and two by two.

Take care of you!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 04:34 AM

Lynnie, I am here too. I will keep you in my hopes and prayers that your load will be lighter and your days will be brighter,Amen.
Just remember....we really love you.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 07:00 AM

Lynnie, my heart goes out to you; those are just too many hardships at once. That would floor anyone.

That's wonderful that you are doing house showings! I have a feeling something will come through, and I'll pray that it will! Maybe you know this allready, but it took me a while to use one of the best resources to get new homes to sell, and that was from the customers looking for new homes. Sorry if I'm pointing out the obvious, I'm sure you are doing everything just right.

Did you say your Hubby is a cook? Has he ever thought of looking for a job at a party service? We have friends that have a party – restaurant service, and he is forever seeking cooks. Maybe by you too?

Sending you a warm hug, and will say a prayer for you and your family.
Hannelore
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 07:10 AM

Lynnie, I just sent some positive thoughts/prayers for you. Never forget how much we all love you.

This is the storm before the calm. You'll make it through just fine.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 03:53 PM

You know Hannelore you have a point there if Lynnie's husband is a cook there is catering serves and hotels and all kinds of places he can go to cook. At the mean time he can apply for unemployment to help out . Just some thoughts

Keeping you in my prayers always,

Renee
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 07/31/07 10:57 PM

Lynnie, you have every right to ask for prayer at this time. We all go through stages where we require more specific prayer. I am happy to hold you and your husband in prayer. Please stay in touch. Your BWS sisters love you.
Posted by: gerrbeck

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/01/07 01:14 AM

First off, Lynnie, I will pray for you and we'll all pray for each other. You ladies are wonderful. I also have a prayer request. My husband lost his job last week. He had just gotten his full release from workman's comp after an injury in January when he broke 3 ribs, then had complications....
Anyway, he's been working, just lighter duty. A friend had made a comment to me a few months back when asking how Richard was doing. He told me to be prepared because chances are when workmen's comp releases him for regular work duty, they would let him go. He said he'd seen it happen many times. Well, he turned in his doctors note Monday, Tuesday was his day off, When he went in Wednesday, they let him go. It was very upsetting. We have been in the middle of a horrible year. He had surgery in December for another problem, had just gotten over that when he had the accident. We had briefly separated for awhile at that point, (another long story). He had complications from the ribs, blood filling his chest cavity causing two hospital stays and 2 surgeries. Anyway, my work has been slow too, so I am looking for other avenues of income. Then to make matters worse, Thursday night when my son got up to go to the bathroom, he noticed a lot of water coming from under the bathroom sink, the bathroom quickly flooded, the hallway, part of my bedroom and a little in my daughters room, we managed to contain it by that point. We were up all night with the wet vac sucking up water, cleaning up the mess. We spent all day Friday and Saturday cleaning up the mess, shampooing carpet! I will say, one bright spot in this is that my husband is very handy around the house and was able to fix the problem without calling a plummer, so that saved us a bundle! Then to add insult to injury, after getting a couple hours of sleep in the wee hours Friday, I woke up and went to the front living room where Lula, our dog had a seizure and had "an accident". I wanted to scream! What next?! So, it was not a good week. There is another issue we are dealing with, but I don't have time to get into that one right now. Let me just ask for prayers because we really need them right now! One thing that I am truly concerned about is income, I am really adamant about homeschooling, I don't want to put the kids back in Public School. We'll work it out one way or another though.
I have to run now, just wanted to make a quick visit to the forum to visit my lady friends and see what everyone is up to. Thanks ladies!
gerri
Posted by: SharonE

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/01/07 08:54 AM

Ladies, you both have bucket loads of prayers and good wishes coming from me too.
Please try only to focus on the outcome you want. Think it, imagine it, feel it, believe it! It will lift your spirits, and you may be sooo amazed and grateful for what happens next!

As the song goes...
Lean on me, when you're not strong
I'll be your friend, I'll help you carry on

Hang in there girls, we're with you.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/01/07 09:16 AM

Adding you to my prayers.
Mountain ash
Posted by: Laurel

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/01/07 03:17 PM

I will definately keep you in my prayers. I know things seem bleak at the moment PL but God will see you through this.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/01/07 10:31 PM

L dies, you may think I'm nuts, but I heard from soemone who is pitching a new TV show and they are looking for boomers who have a midlife dream, soemthing they're burning to do. They will interveiw you to see if you are what they are looking for. If so, they set you up with your dream and film you and you are the show. This could change your financial situation in a hurry, or am I a pollyanna to beleive that? Email me if you are interested. NABBW members will be hearing specifics soon.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/02/07 02:41 AM

Thank you so much for your thoughts, prayers, poems, and suggestions. Gerri, I am sorry for all that you are going through at once! Sharon, you are in Australia, and "The Secret" had a publishing in Sydney. And the teachings of Abraham are mentioned in the acknowledgments section of "The Secret." Do you know Rhonda Byrne? Has this been mentioned in the BWS forums and I missed it? I've watched (and loaned) my copy of The Secret many times, as well as reading the book aloud with my husband. Dotsie, you are many wonderful things, but no, you are not nuts! You are that last person I would call "nuts." I have a dream...it's really not in real estate. It's all about my book and sharing my story to open lines of communication. My dream would be international publication and noteriety, and thus more awareness of the hope and healing that can occur after DV and CSA. My husband signed up for real estate school today. After reading the Secret. I don't know the correlation, and I don't care. Momentum is momentum! Love and Light, Lynnie aka Princess Lenora
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/02/07 03:04 AM

geriie i don't know ya well yet but you touch my hart with your circumstances and prayer have just been done for you.

keep close contact with us, updated if ya can or just pop in to say hi and join the fun in heer, whiching ya well.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/02/07 03:11 AM

lynne dear sweet woman, i hope the hesitances for prayers wasen't about fearing you be ignored or rejected. I hold ya in high regard and i certine manie other woman do too.

your a tough wee cookie (in the sweetest of ways) your always kind and helpfull and considerate of others, in all you write and encouragment of others. I see you as a verie strong ladie,(most certinlie not a victum) saying that we all need comphort, love , sofness and sweetness, theirs no weekness or admitances of not being able to cope with the request, you onlie giving us lot a chances and an oppertunity to sat we love you and care about what your going through.......so thanks for that oppertunitie, prayers done as and before i typed this, and ya know they continue.

bigs huggs and cyers kisses on the cheek to you you hubbie and mom, and back to you again, double the huggs lol

please keep us infomrmed if ya have the time you inspire so manie with your attitude and how your coping with you circumstances. love ya loads.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/02/07 01:19 PM

Prayers going out for both of you. I will hold you both close in my heart.
Posted by: Emyjay

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/02/07 02:33 PM

Lynne and Gerri,

Hugs to both of you.

My husband lost his job when he was in his mid-thirties. We didn't know how we were going to make it, but we did.

After John went through a depression - just a month or so --he took a "stop gap" job so he could bring in some money and boost his self-esteem. Then, he started searching and found a good job that has been more satisfying than the one he lost!

I went back to work for the money. Did not like the job,
but I had to help.

It's a scary thing to face. But,know that this period in your lives will come to an end. And, it's very likely that each of your husbands will find better employment than they had.

It's going to be okay.

Really.

Blessing,
Emily

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/02/07 02:41 PM

Forgot to address Lynne's problem with the meds.

There is a federal insurance program - COBRA - for people who have lost their jobs. Many employers fail to tell previous employees that this plan exists.

This plan was developed to extend health insurance post loss of job.

You will need to activate this plan asap.

If your husband's human resource dept. doesn't offer and explain this program to you, call your local social services office or your local employment office.

Also, remember, your husband is entitled to benefits, since he was terminated not by choice. I know many people don't want to collect unemployment benefits. But keep this in mind: your husband, you, your families have been paying taxes and a certain percentage of this money has gone into the unemployment fund. Now, it's your turn to receive some of the benefits.

(((((Lynne))))

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/02/07 02:42 PM

Forgot to sign my name,

Blessings to both of you,
Emily

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/03/07 02:08 AM

To answer Celtic's concern, I am reluctant to ask for prayers because there are so many who have needs. But then I realized that God is great enough to hear all prayers for all people, and that you boomer sister/angels are only too glad to give prayers. Thank you, PL
Posted by: Casey

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/03/07 09:03 PM

Prayers for you, Lynne...holding you in the light of the universe.
Casey

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/03/07 09:57 PM

Lynn, I asked God that once: Don't you ever get tired of hearing me pray for everyone all the time? The immediate answer? "It's what I live for." I don't hold back anymore...I'm 100% certain that praying for one another is yet one more way we shine light into the world's darkness. No need is "too insignificant" to God if it's significant to one of His children. And His shoulders (and love) are big enough to hear, hold and answer every single one - in fact, I suspect that for God, it could well be a case of "the more, the better", because praying for one another translates into caring for one another, and the world can always use more caring.
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/03/07 10:59 PM

Of course we're praying for you Lynnie...even if you don't ask! Have peace...

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/04/07 12:23 PM

Eagle, I love your writing. It always touches my heart. You need to write a book from a Christian perspective about the heart of God.

Lynn, valleys are so tough, but there is often a mountaintop experience that follows. I'm praying for you while you're in the valley and lifting you to the next mountain. Count on it.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/06/07 01:15 PM

Hi friends! I'm back!
Eagle: I couldn't agree more with Dotsie. Your words are full of truth and wisdom!

God not only loves, but yearns for us to come to him with our problems, needs, gratitudes, etc. So many times, and in different ways, he bids us come to him. So,friends, please never be afraid to ask of him. Never be afraid to bring your burdens to him, never be afraid to express your deepest concerns, sorrows, mishaps,etc. His intrest for each of us is so great...

He is honored when we request of him big and/or "impossible" things. For in doing so, we recognize His ability, His power, His greatness and His inmeasurable love and caring for each of us.

Lynnie and Gerrbeck: I am saddened to hear the struggles you are facing. But the Lord has a way for each of you. He will provide and He will support you along the way. Keep trusting in Him. The God who made water flow from the rock in the desert, still opens fountains of blessings for his children in the deserts of uncertainties we face today. .

I will hold you both in my prayers, trusting we will see God's work and wonders in your lives!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/06/07 02:25 PM

Lynnie, our hindsight is 20/20, isn't it? We look back on situations and say, "Oh okay...so THAT'S what you had in mind for me, God." But for now, I'm sure it seems as if you're out there on that island all alone. You are not. You are surrounded by prayers and good thoughts from all of your sistahs here, and God is taking care of you, as we speak. TRUST is the keyword. Know in your heart that all is well, and will be.

Gerrbeck, has your hubby ever thought of advertising as a "handy-man?" Just a thought. He could do a flyer and put on there that no job is too big or too small, and that he is a honest man looking for an honest day's work. I bet he would be covered up! Especially if he put something like this: HEY BOOMER WOMEN...Are you tired of being taken for a ride? Need that washer fixed? Your pictures hung on the wall? Got a broken window that needs replacing? I'm your man!"

WHY NOT? We are taken for a ride by sooooooooo many sources. Why not give women the confidence to call on THE QUIET MAN. There you go. There's he's title. Word would get around, I guarantee you!

Love to you both!

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/06/07 02:52 PM

Quote:

Gerrbeck, has your hubby ever thought of advertising as a "handy-man?" Just a thought. He could do a flyer and put on there that no job is too big or too small

My hubby didn't even have to advertise...he started doing small repair jobs for neighbours, charging each one according to their financial ability, and through word-of-mouth, has been working steadily for years. In fact, he could easily have enough work to keep him going 24/7. He often has to say no because he can't keep up with the demands.

One of his major sources of handyman work is with immigrant families who don't speak much English...these are the people who often get scammed by contractors who take advantage of their limited understanding of the laws and language. Hubby often is called in to repair the shoddy work left behind by these unscrupulous so-called professional repairmen. He doesn't charge much and will often wait patiently for weeks or months to get paid, because many of these people can only afford to pay him in small installments, but in 10 years, he's never yet been scammed or not paid. He's built up such a solid reputation and grateful clientele, that he would have no problem translating that experience and reference into a full-time job if he needed to.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/09/07 01:29 AM

Hi all, I continue to read your thoughts and prayers. Song, you'd be interested to know that on the day you wrote your post, before I read your post, I had a desire to buy a fountain. So, I bought a table top fountain, symbolic of fountains of blessings. Thank you.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/11/07 12:39 AM

Nothing has changed.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/11/07 03:23 PM

Lynnie, I just came across this thread and want you to know you are deeply in my thoughts and prayers. It must be so tough. I remember being in dire straits one time, financially, and a friend told me (about creditors) that they couldn't crucify or kill me so just do the best I could. That's what I did and I'm still alive today.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/11/07 04:41 PM

Thank you Dianne. You are way more than alive! You are a vibrant being who brings life to others as well. I am helping a woman write her story of DV, and the injustice of the systems, such as custody battles. The book she borrowed from me to give her hope, insight, and inspiration is yours: Whose Face is In the Mirror. Even when you don't know it, you are helping others with your courage and love for others. As for me, I know I must have learning lessons during this time of lack of income. I'm sure the lesson is to focus on what is abundant, which has nothing to do with income. What is abundant is friends. The woman I am helping to write her book did not describe a friend who was a crucial support person. I encouraged this would-be writer to describe her friend more fully, because often women in dire straights are helped not by family, but by friends. Anyway, thank you for your kind thoughts. L, PL

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/12/07 06:58 PM

Eagle, I wish your hubby lived her or we lived there. We're getting ready to have out bathroom done. I'd love to give someone like him the job.

Lynnie, how's your hubby? Any update?
Posted by: gerrbeck

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/12/07 07:30 PM

Eagle Heart,
I have suggested he think about doing handy man work. I didn't get too much of a response. I am afraid he is sinking into depression. It really has been a bad year for us and he's pretty much reached a breaking point. He spent several days mostly just staring at the TV and sleeping. Last weekend my schedule got rearranged so that I was able to work it out for us to take off to Orlando to spend the weekend at my sisters and relax and regroup. I figured after a few days away we'd be better able to deal with things. Sometimes you have to do that. I am trying to be supportive and patient, but he has to do something soon. He hasn't made any effort yet to look for work, but then again, we had some other things to settle first. We had the plumbing problem to clean up and repair, then a court date over a dispute last week, that went much better than expected thankfully. Now he's been called for jury duty. I hope that doesn't drag on too long. He did file for unemployment, which he'll get, but only half of what he was making. I have picked up a few new customers, so that's going to help out. I picked up the latest copy of Woman's Day magazine Friday and there was an article about work from home jobs. I am going to look into those possibilities. Hanging in there.
Gerri

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/12/07 07:42 PM

Dotie,
I need to talk with you about who is doing your bathroom . I need tile work done behind my tub . I have that fiberglass that is in terrible shape . I need to know a good tile man around town.

Renee

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/13/07 12:38 PM

Lynn: WoW! A table-top fountain! The Lord works in mysterious ways, doesn't he?

How is your mom doing?
Regarding savings, he story of Elisha comes to my mind, when the widow with two young sons was in danger of having her sons sold to pay the debt: Just as the bottle of oil kept pouring oil, which she then sold to pay the debt, God can stretch your savings to sustain you in this period of lack of income.

This friend who is writing needs your help and support. Now you have the time to help her in this project. And don't forget how the Lord feeds the sparrows too. And he said a human being is much more important, so HE will provide one way or the other. Please, don't lose faith.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/15/07 02:03 AM

Thanks for asking about an update. Nothing has changed. I am hanging in there. I will try not to lose faith. L, PL

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/16/07 03:54 AM

Renee, you usually mean well, but I must say I am dismayed that I am in the middle of a crisis with 1) mother dying and Alzheimer's 2) 101 year old grandmother about to die 3) step father who is a wreck due to above 4) returning to real estate in this awful market due to mortgage changes 5) husband got fired, and you inserted a message about needing a TILE guy for your bathroom. I feel lonely enough, it was hard enough to even ask for prayers, and now I feel like you made a mockery of my request for prayers. You know, I don't tell people I'm praying for them, because that is my business. But I think I have been supportive when possible here. And I've received tons of support, more than can be imagined. So I don't know why you chose to insert a problem about fiberglass in this thread during my time of need. Call me a Drama Queen, call me sensitive, I just don't care. But please try to be sensitive in regards to what thread you are on when you network for a tile guy and I'm about to die from overwhelming crisis.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/16/07 01:50 PM

The Footprints Poem

One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
he was walking along the beach with the LORD.

Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
For each scene he noticed two sets of
footprints in the sand: one belonging
to him, and the other to the LORD.

When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
he looked back at the footprints in the sand.

He noticed that many times along the path of
his life there was only one set of footprints.

He also noticed that it happened at the very
lowest and saddest times in his life.

This really bothered him and he
questioned the LORD about it:

"LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
you, you'd walk with me all the way.
But I have noticed that during the most
troublesome times in my life,
there is only one set of footprints.
I don't understand why when
I needed you most you would leave me."

The LORD replied:

"My son, my precious child,
I love you and I would never leave you.
During your times of trial and suffering,
when you see only one set of footprints,
it was then that I carried you."

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/16/07 04:08 PM

Songbird you truly help others when you remind us of this poem. I feel the light of God when I read this poem again. Thank you for posting this poem for all of us to see and be inspired. Love and Light, Lynn

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/16/07 05:44 PM

Lynn, I don't have enough words or space here to express just how much I, for one, love and care about you. There is not a day or even an hour that you walk alone, my friend, though I know from painful experience that it does seem that way at times. But you are ALWAYS and CONSTANTLY in my heart, in my prayers, in a very special place in my heart and I LOVE carrying you with me throughout my day. It's a JOY and an honour to "walk with you" even if only in spirit, prayer and care.

Your plate is overwhelmingly full, it must seem as if there is nothing but pain surrounding you and facing you in the near future. I grieve with you, I feel your fear as if it's my own, I understand all too well the maelstrom of emotions that must be playing on your heart, soul, mind and spirit, changing from one moment to the next, and so exhausting and frightening in intensity.

All I can say is that "this too shall pass", because it does, though very slowly and painfully at times! Breathe deeply, deliberately breathe in big gulps of peace, life and focus your inner eye on the immense power that is in you to get you through this, one moment, one hour, one day at a time. Lean on God, lean on us, lean on the love that you know deep down in your heart is there with and for you. Let us be one of the crutches that will help you through this "valley of shadows" that looms around and ahead of you. You do not walk alone, though in that darkness it's often hard to feel Presence.

I wish I could be there to physically be there for/with you. But please know that you are firmly entrenched in my heart of hearts and have been for a very long time and will continue to be for a very long time to come. I carry you, pray for you, cry with you and walk with you in spirit and with great joy and love for you.

And I KNOW, with every fiber of my being, that I'm not the only one here who feels this profound care for you - you are more deeply loved and cared for than you can imagine. We are walking through this painful time with you.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/17/07 09:38 AM

Lynn, here are some words to encourage you. Though they are only words, there's much love and encoruagement and prayer behind them.

"When things go wrong as they sometimes will,
When the road you're trudging seems all up hill,
When the funds are low and the debts are high
And you want to smile, but you have to sigh,
When care is pressing you down a bit,
Rest if you must, but don't you quit.
Life is queer with its twists and turns,
As every one of us sometimes learns,
And many a failure turns about
When he might have won had he stuck it out;
Don't give up though the pace seems slow--
You may succeed with another blow,
Success is failure turned inside out--
The silver tint of the clouds of doubt,
And you never can tell how close you are,
It may be near when it seems so far;
So stick to the fight when you're hardest hit--
It's when things seem worst that you must not quit."
~ Unknown

Praying for some light in your life today. Look for it. I hope it's there.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/18/07 11:13 PM

Hi Eagle & Dotsie, thank you so very much for taking the time to post these heart felt messages and poems to me. I really, really appreciate that you care enough to do this.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/19/07 01:26 PM

You are more than welcome. You remain in my thoughts. I pray you are feeling supported. Are you getting guidance from anyone right now?

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/19/07 06:59 PM

Lynnie,
I am very sorry for putting my post about needing tile in the wrong place in this thread . I in no way meant to affend you in any way or anyone . A little missjudgement on my part . Very sorry and hope you will accept my apoligy . I know you are going though a lot at this moment and I do understand . I get side tracked at times and make mistakes and maybe it is time for me to leave . I don't know what I would do without you help at times . I wish I could help you in some way . So , very sorry again.

All the best to everyone ,

Renee

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/20/07 02:15 AM

I have one more thing to say and I am out of here for good . If you scholl back you will find Dotise's post about putting in a bathroom and forgive me for committing in the wrong place of wanting tile or something done with my bathroom , . I don't make a habit of making a mockery of peoples troubles in no shape or forum . So, very sorry you feel this way and should know me better by now that I do not do this .

I don't need this forum any longer there is no place for me here. Again all the best to you all.

I have enjoyed my stay here for all these years .

Renee
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/20/07 07:30 AM

Renee, I hope you stay with the forum. There are many threads here where the topic jumps from one theme to the other, and we have all done that. As you said, you just reacted to what Dotsie said. I see these forums as conversations between us all, and just like a normal conversation sometimes the subject changes. You didn't do anything wrong.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/20/07 10:03 AM

I don't have time to read this whole thread, but I scrolled back to even before Dotsie's comment. I think some people were commenting on job possibilities for Lynnie's husband and the subject of a handyman came up. It got a lot of positive feedback from what I saw, including Dotsie's comment and Renee's.

Renee, Hannelore is right. You didn't do anything wrong. Jumping in on that particular page, it's easy to see where your comment came from. And you have been in here long enough that people who know you know you wouldn't do anything to hurt someone's feelings.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/20/07 03:26 PM

Louisa ,
I am not going to stand by and be put through a shredder and tossed out like a into the trash , because I made a mistake on a comment . We all had troubles and I have had mine last year . I am finished for good . Thank you Hannelore and Louise for understanding and Goodybe.

All the best,
Renee

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/20/07 03:29 PM

Renee, I don't think that leaving is the answer, in fact, I'm pretty certain that we need you here and we're all better off if you stay.

I've inadvertently "hijacked" so many threads in my years here. It's so easy to do, and I've always felt sorry for having done it, especially when the original person who posted is in a lot of pain and in need of care and support.

But it's never been my intent to hurt anyone, and I knew it, and so I just learned from my mistake and moved on, trying to remember not to do it again, but doing it more often than I care to admit - just call me scatterbrained! The beauty of this place is that nobody's ever changed the way they care about me or changed the sincerity of welcoming me in here. I would encourage you to trust us to understand and know that you never intended to hurt anyone and trust that our care for you, our welcome and our enjoyment of your presence and voice here aren't going to diminish in any way. You're still wanted here...
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/20/07 03:54 PM

I think so many of these threads are like conversations. We start with one issue, then it relates to another issue someone else is having, and off we go. Very common for a thread to change stream a few posts into it.

Renee, come on back in...

Kathy

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/20/07 04:14 PM

Let's all remember that this forum is what it is because we each contribute to it. There have been misunderstandings before, and we have continued to appreciate each member. This is still true today. We learn to value and respect each other, even when we might not agree with each comment. Consideration, caring, compassion and understanding are what make this forum the great forum it is.

There are times when one is overwhelmed by the circumstances. Stress can blur our senses, that's when forgiveness and understanding come in. We are a family. Families stick together in good and bad times. Let's stick together once again!

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/21/07 10:47 PM

Actually, Gerri was looking on the bright side after a plumbing incident at her house, commenting on the fact that her unemployed husband is handy and can fix things around the house. My h may be a good cook, but handy around the house, he is not. My H's claim for unemployment was not challenged by his former boss and that will help us out financially. I don't necessarily look for prayers to change the circumstances we are in. Sometimes prayers help us to alter our attitudes toward those circumstances as we move through those circumstances. Your prayers/poems have helped enormously. I don't regret voicing my dismay over Renee's insertion. That was my feeling at the time. My regret is that I said my piece in public here about her plumbing post. It would have been better if I had commented on my conflicted feelings toward her post in a PM. Louisa, I don't see how Renee's post 130848 was positive feedback. It was a surprising intrusion to me. If I had the presence of mind at the time (as Songbird says re: stress blurring our senses) I would have PM Renee. I was about to respond to Renee's post 131443 with like-minded apologies but then I saw her 131475 which I sense is sarcastic. I am not going to engage in further toss and turn over Renee's hurt feelings in a public forum, because that is what this has come to. There are deeper issues that can't be addressed on a social network. As for families sticking together in good & bad times, that is not the case for the one choosing to leave at this time. We are indeed a surrogate family, but none can reconcile when one has extricated herself.
Posted by: Louisa

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/22/07 12:53 AM

Lynnie, As I said, I did not scroll back to look at all the posts. I don't have the time, nor do I want to. I saw several posts about a handyman. It got quite a few replies. That is what I meant about positive feedback. My point is, there were several posts that veered off the subject. That happens in here a lot. It's not intentional as several have commented. Renee was not the one who veered off the track. She only commented to a prior post. Yet you took offense only to hers. I don't spend much time in here lately. I'm very busy. I think this is way off the subject of this thread.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/22/07 12:53 PM

Lynn: I just want to let you know that I am still bringing your and your family's needs before the throne of God in prayer. I've asked some of my prayer partners to pray for you too. God has a way of working in our lives that we don't always understand. But please, keep trusting that you are not alone; and remember that it is God who turns night into day.

May you enjoy the blessings that He has prepared for you and yours!

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/22/07 01:32 PM

Songbird, you are truly an inspiration and a blessing. Wow, thank you so much for including me in the prayers of your partners. Yes, I can think of many times in my life where I cried why me Lord, and now, in retrospect, I think of all the ways that my life and others around me has indeed experienced the light. I am open and ready to receive blessings! Love and Light, Lynn
Posted by: Lola

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/22/07 08:16 PM

Sometimes God says: "Wait" not "No". So, those blessings WILL come, Lynnie. How can it not for you? In the meantime, keep drawing faith, courage, patience, light and love from the storm jar. You are always in my prayers...always have been.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/22/07 09:13 PM

Lynn, Renee and everyone. I haven't been here of late because my friends, usually full of life little girl, age 4 was struck by a neighbors car as she backed out of her driveway two days ago. The child was crushed under her wheels. We have been sitting a vigil for that past couple of days as this beautiful child fought for her life. Last night at 1:16 a.m. she lost her fight. The woman who ran over her was there sitting alone in the hospital, further down the hall, afraid to approach her once good friend and neighbor. At around 2:00 a.m we were leaving for home when the dead childs mother noticed the neighbor there in the hallway and walked up to her hurriedly. We we afraid there was going to be an altercation, but instead the neighbor fell to her knees sobbing and the childs mother lifted her up and hugged her, and they walked out together arm in arm. So let me ask you all, especially you my dear friends Lynn and Renee, was that something easy for that mother to forgive?? I think not and yet she did. She realized the pain the neighbor, someone who was her friend, was suffering and would suffer forever more. Please ladies, think sometimes of the other persons pain before your own. Most of us have made a silly mistake unintentionally, and probably will again. Its the principle of "those living in a glass house." Now let it be, say a prayer for one another and lets continue business as usual, loving one another, imperfections and all...please! And if you would, please all say a prayer for baby Lisa who is in heaven now, and will never have the chance to make her own mistakes.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/22/07 10:17 PM

Beautifully worded Chatty, although I know it was with much grief and pain on your part. We all need to be reminded that even though we think our situation is the most important thing in the world, and that our crisis is the worst by far, that what's happening to us is paramount, just STOP! Think about Lisa, her Mother, broken-hearted and grieving, and of the woman who will have to live with this forever, even though it was an accident.

It puts everything into perspective, doesn't it?

Thank you Chatty for reminding us all about what matters. What truly matters. I will be praying for everyone!

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/23/07 02:34 AM

Hello Chatty, I am so sorry to hear about your neighbor's little girl. This is awful news. Not only the mother but the neighbor. I am glad the mother walked up to the neighbor. A 4 year old child

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/23/07 01:02 PM

Oh Chatty, what a tragic accident! How much sadness and pain both mother and neighbor must be enduring. It's unspeakable!

I pray for both families, as it will not be easy for them, but am so glad Lisa's mom chose to forgive. It helps the healing process for both.

How many times we succumb under our own sorrows, not knowing that the burden our neighbor carries is so much heavier! Things like these make us more aware of the needs of others. Thanks for sharing this, Chatty!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/23/07 01:07 PM

Chatty, a prayer is going out to everyone. This is going to be difficult for a long time to come. So horrible.

Forgivness is not always easy, but it lifts so much weight from everyones shoulders.

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/23/07 03:36 PM

I dreamt about this little girl last night, after saying prayers when I read Chatty's post. I dreamt there was a desert dust storm (also known as dust devils in the desert) and she (the little girl) was in the midst of it, and I (who me?) lifted her off the ground and out of the midst of the storm to safety in the palm of God's hand. (He's got the whole world in his hands...) Her name in the dream was Katie (I woke up thinking of Chatty) Katie's mother's name was Sally, which means "friendly." In the dream, we were all the village, as in "it takes a village." No need to analyze the dream more here, that's not what I am saying, but it does seem that this tragedy arrived on this thread in the midst of a stirring storm. Do we want to start a new thread for Chatty's friends and neighbors? Just a thought. I'm not usually the one to start prayer threads, but I'd like to move on from my own self, with gratitude, of course, to all of you who spent your time and love when I was in need. L, PL
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/23/07 11:24 PM

I know why the name Princess fits you dear lady. You did pick up on the message given, that we are all human and we all suffer and we all need love and forgiveness. None of us gets out of this world alive. I want to be remembered as kind, loving and a peacemaker, if possible. There is no need for a separate prayer section for baby Lisa. Nice suggestion though.
We can all appreciate your troubles Lynn, and theirs, the mother and neighbors familys, and our own troubles as well, and we can say prayers that encompass everyone.
Thank you all for caring enough to pray for everyone. God love us all exactly the same, saint and sinner alike.
God Bless us all.
I ordered a wreath for baby Lisa and on the standing arrangement of an Angel the card reads from the:

WONDERFUL WOMEN OF BOOMER WOMEN SPEAK, You are in ALL their prayers.

That kind of says it all...

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/24/07 12:02 AM

What a wonderful gesture, dear Chatty. My heart just aches for Lisa's family and all involved. One thing I've learned along my own painful journey is to recognize that others around me also walk wounded...forgiveness and the courage to care can often become the ladder that helps another wounded heart to climb out of the quicksand and continue the journey. Thank you for reminding us...

Re: Feeling funny, freaking out - 08/24/07 12:55 AM

Wow, Chatty, how thoughtful. You are kind, loving, and a peacemaker. And yes, Eagle, it does take courage to care. Sometimes it's easier to have a guarded heart, but then who are we inside those walls? Solitary...souls. It takes courage to escape the walls of confinement and care...
Posted by: jabber

I've done that... - 08/29/07 02:20 PM

Dear Internet Friends,
I've done what Renee did. I've gotten off subject a time or two and didn't mean to. But that's the problem with being human. We humans make mistakes. However, every one of you folks' are warm, loving, caring people. And you lift my spirit everyday that I read these forums. I came in here a while ago but Chatty's neighbors' situation made me so heartbroken, I couldn't post. I pray for Princess and her family and Chatty's neighbors. Little Lisa is in the arms of the Lord. She's safe and loved, now and for all eternity! God bless every person going through difficult times!
May The Holy Spirit comfort ALL!!!!

Re: I've done that... - 08/29/07 03:02 PM

Chatty, I am so sorry to hear about this tragedy. With the recent loss of our dear 26 year-old friend, my grief is fresh so I can relate a little bit to what all of you are going through. Please know you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Your gesture of sending a wreath on our behalf is one of the nicest things I've heard in a long time. Bless you from the bottom of my heart, and bless Lisa's loved ones too.