My special-needs nephew

Posted by: Di

My special-needs nephew - 08/18/06 02:44 AM

This is what my brother says...(Joey is 12 but is severely handicapped, born with 10% brain tissue, has no saliva glands, fed thru a stomach tube, has CP and several other problems )

Quote:

Please pray for our son. The MRI Joey was supposed to have had did not happen because he had trouble with the sedation. As a result he will have to go under general anesthesia and intubate him to keep his airway open. But Joey has had problems before with general anesthesia.

We will see how well he recovers overnight (Thursday night) before any real recommendations can be done. He needs this MRI because the info is crucial for his continuing care.

Thank you...this entire family has been attacked terribly in the past few months. All but one family member has been hospitalized since June with severe emergencies. Their family is a Christ-following family.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: My special-needs nephew - 08/18/06 10:35 AM

Di, I am sending out Prayers for Joey. I hope they can do the MRI and that Joey is comfortable in every way.I will add prayers for the whole family. They truly need a break.
luv,
chick
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: My special-needs nephew - 08/18/06 11:44 AM

This site moves me every time. No matter how blue I might get…there is always someone so much worse off.
And then I think; okey girl, you better get your act together .
Di, my heart goes out to the family. I'll light a candle just for them in church.

Re: My special-needs nephew - 08/18/06 12:11 PM

Thank you, Ladies. My brother has been "blogging" to me. Joey has had sleep apnea. The Lord showed my bro that he needed attention/comfort. My Bro has not slept since Yesterday morning. He's a loving, compassionate Daddy who was told,years ago, he would never have children. He's conceived three with one in heaven already.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: My special-needs nephew - 08/18/06 12:20 PM

Dear Di: I'm adding Joey and family to my prayer list. May the Lord guide the medical team as they handle Joey's special needs. I pray the family can also get some quiet time to relax and recover from all the stress illness brings and may they rest as they hold on to the wonderful promises of God's unfailing care for his own.

Re: My special-needs nephew - 08/18/06 12:40 PM

Lovely prayer, Songbird. Thank you so kindly!