jawjaw's son

Posted by: Dotsie

jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 12:54 AM

Ladies,

Jawjaw's son was bitten by a spider and he is quite sick. He has a temperature and is in a great deal of pain. He saw the doctor today. Tomorrow he has an appointment with the doctor and a surgeon. Please remember him in your prayers. Thanks so much.
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 01:42 AM

Certainly will have ALL of them in my prayers. I know it's got to be very scary not knowing for sure WHAT bit him and what the bottom line is in those cases - especially after JJ just posted that update on Sandra's hubby and the brown recluse!

Will hold them all close in my heart.....
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 02:30 AM

God I hate spiders.....have always hated spiders and always will, and I kill every one I see. This just reminds me how awful they are.... [Mad]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 03:50 AM

Thank you Dotsie for letting us know. My prayers are with them.

chickadee
Posted by: smilinize

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 04:11 AM

JJ and her son are already in my prayers.
smile
Posted by: Evie

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 04:59 AM

Keeping him in prayer.

This does not make me any fonder of spiders for sure...
Posted by: angelsmuse

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 05:09 AM

Praying for them

Angel
Posted by: Debi

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 06:30 AM

I just added JJ and son to my prayer list

Deb
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 08:42 AM

I'm sorry to hear this. I pray he is already on the road to recovery.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 05:21 PM

Dear JJ: [Frown] I'm sorry about your son's ordeal. [Razz] Remember: Marvelous things happen when God's people unite in prayer.

[Smile] We're with you in prayer. May your son have a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 05:52 PM

How horrible! I will certainly remember one of my favorite people and her son in prayer.
Posted by: Maggie

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 08:57 PM

Your all in our prayers.
Maggie

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/08/05 08:57 PM

I wish I had an update to share. Still praying...
Posted by: unique

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/09/05 12:15 AM

Got two lines from JJ. Son & wife are at the doc's, sounds like Granny JJ is watching the baby meanwhile. Hang in there Queenie, it'll be all right!!

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/09/05 12:24 AM

I just learned her son is having surgery and will remain in the hospital for mega doses of antibiotics.

Please continue to pray.

What's up with these spiders? Thistle's husband is also suffering from a spider bite.

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/09/05 01:23 AM

Between the surgery and the mega-antibiotics, I bet Tommy (and his Mom!) feel 100% better by tomorrow....hopefully our Queen can give us another update soon. I have no doubt our prayers and wishes have uplifted her though - we all know how powerful that is. [Wink]

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/09/05 06:23 AM

Once awhile back I saw advertised on TV these little boxes with a red light that clicks when its plugged into any outlet and it is guaranteed to keep insects from inside the home. I was skeptical but bought one for each room. I had been being plagued by Black Widow spiders, everyone in the park was. I plugged them in and saw two more spiders in as many days and since then haven't seen any at all and no other bugs either. Thats been 2 years ago. My little bug lights are still clicking away and I never have to put any kind of bug spray down. These things are miracles and they work by sending some type of signal through the inner walls of the home that insects can't stand so they stay away. I am deathly alergic to any kind of insect venom so these have been a Godsend to me. You only need one at each end of the house but they are small so I have one in every room and NO bugs.... [Big Grin]
Posted by: TVC15

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/09/05 04:32 PM

I have always hated spiders, but now I really hate them!
Still praying for JJ's son and Thistle's hubby!

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/09/05 04:57 PM

The surgery went well. The doc said it WAS NOT a spider bite, but a gland that got infected. Says it's nothing her son did or didn't do. It just happens. He can come home from the hospital once the swelling has gone down, and the fever is stable.

The queen spent the night in the hospital with her royal son. [Big Grin] She's also seen lots of her grandaughter these past couple days. The silver lining!
Posted by: TVC15

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/09/05 05:46 PM

Thank Goodness! And thank you Dotsie, for letting us know!

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/09/05 06:26 PM

I guess we have to go through these terrible things to remind us how much we have to be thankful for.
So thankful for the royal son's recovery and for the royal grand beauty too. Hope queenie is not too pooped from all this.
smile
Posted by: unique

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/10/05 07:17 AM

That's wonderful news!! Now Chatty, the brand name of your amazing 'bug lite'. This is the black widowing-ing-est place I've ever lived!! And I've lived in TX & FL !! NC has more bugs per square inch than anyplace I've ever been! Fleas, ants, spiders, creepers, crawlers, yuck!! I don't care that they're here - I just want them to stay outside!!!

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/10/05 05:13 AM

Its about the size of a deck of cards and plugs into any outlet.The ones I have are made by SUNBEAM called The Electric Pest repeller. On the back is a customer service number:
1-877-227-5832. I believe you can find these in any Wal-Mart, K-Mart or hardware store that sells bug repellent. These are so wonderful number 1 because they really work, #2 are mess free and non-dangerous to animals or small children even if one was picked up and chewed on....I swear by mine and haven't seen or had a bug in 2 years and I know I have black widows because their webs are everywhere OUTSIDE. Thats the key, they stay outside..... [Big Grin] [Wink]

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/10/05 05:54 PM

I'm so glad to see that JJ's son will be coming home. That was a frightening episode!

I, too, have one of the plugin pest repellers. I bought some that came three to a pack, but they were useless. I didn't see a difference until I bought one that protects the entire house. I very rarely see a creepy critter.

Thanks for the update, Dotsie!

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/11/05 06:40 PM

Ladies, keep praying for the queen and her family. Her son is still in the hospital. The wound is infected. He is miserable and in terrible pain. She thinks he'll be in the hospital for another week unless a miracle occurs.

I believe in miracles.
Posted by: mammajude

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/12/05 12:32 AM

Still praying for you jawjaw and hope your son is doing much better. Its scarely particulary when we don't know what it is at first..take care..

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/12/05 01:35 AM

Well if we need a miracle then we'll pray for one....Must be a particularly virulent bacteria involved in the infection. I sure hope that the doctors can give some GOOD news to JJ and her son very soon.

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/12/05 01:54 AM

Pray very hard ladies as this does not sound good at all. Love to JJ and Tommy and his family too. I entered him in our prayer wheel at church yesterday, so he will be prayed for by hundreds each and every day.....

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/12/05 06:54 PM

I'm confused. Is this a gland or wound?

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/13/05 07:22 AM

I got an email from JJ and it sounds like a gland. It must be a very virulent infection. And as I know from experience, healing below the knees can be lengthy.
Prayers are definitely in order.
smile

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/12/05 08:07 PM

The latest:

Monday he showed improvment for the first time. He even laughed a bit. He also ate two meals so that is good. His white blood count is still too high to release him, but maybe Tuesday or Wednesday. His fever was normal for the first time in almost a week. The infection/wound was as deep as your middle finger. The doc said he couldn't believe how it has penetrated his body.

The queen is either at the hospital or with her grandbaby. I bet she's loving ever second of tending to both. It's great to feel loved and needed, especially now that he is healing.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/12/05 11:17 PM

I'm happy to learn there is some improvement. Thank God for answered prayers!

JJ-Hang in there! This too shall pass and we are all with you. Love and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/13/05 01:49 AM

Same here.....I know our positive thoughts and prayers have helped as they always do. We'll just keep praying that his progress towards recovery continues.....So glad to hear some good news.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/13/05 07:49 AM

My dear friends,
Tommy came home today. THANK YOU LORD. Although he is not out of the woods, things have gained momentum in the healing department and we are all very hopeful he will be back in form in a couple of weeks. He still has to go in every day and get the wound unpacked, cleaned, and repacked, but we all know that we heal better at home. At least at home someone is not coming in at 2:00 a.m. wanting to poke you....

Thank you for all of the love, prayers, and well wishes. As I've stated to some of you already, I KNOW it went from your lips, to God's ears. I love you sistahs so much. JJ

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/13/05 07:57 AM

I'm SO pleased to see the update!!! Thank God! We'll keep praying till he's whole!

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/13/05 03:30 PM

Yippeeeeee! Great news JJ.....hope his healing course continues and he's good as new ASAP!

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/13/05 06:47 PM

JJ,
So glad to hear things are settling down some. I hope you can relax a little now and enjoy the grand beauty even more.
smile

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/13/05 06:59 PM

Thank the good lord.

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/18/05 06:10 PM

Jawjaw, how about an update?
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/19/05 07:37 AM

Well I think we can officially consider him out of the woods...why? I had dinner with them yesterday evening and he was so aggravating to me AND his sweet wife Courtney, that I told him if he didn't quit picking at us I was going to smack him in the butt...That would get his attention.

It did. The boy was feeling soooo good about actually feeling WELL, that he was feeling his oats, if you know what I mean. We had to laugh at him. I guess after you feel so bad, you are elated when you finally feel healthy again.

Now you might want to pray that Courtney doesn't kill him. hahahah....thanks for the prayers my friends.

JJ
Posted by: Jersey Girl

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/18/05 09:53 PM

That's great JJ. You know they are better when they become annoying. [Smile]

Re: jawjaw's son - 04/18/05 11:55 PM

So glad to hear he's okay.