Writer friend needs prayer

Posted by: smilinize

Writer friend needs prayer - 04/13/05 06:37 PM

A writer friend needs prayer. She fell at a writer's meeting and broke her shoulder. She had complications and wound up having a shoulder replacement. She came home and was getting therapy, but kept having pain in her abdomen and wound up back in the hospital for an emergency surgery to remove stones and gangrenous gall bladder. Recovery was slowed by a continued drainage and she is having surgery today to correct an infectious cyst and fistula.

She is 60 and lives alone.

Please remember her in your prayers.
smile
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Writer friend needs prayer - 04/14/05 07:40 AM

Smile, she has mine. Does your friend have a computer? Invite her here, we'd love to meet her. By the way, how about an update on your situation.
chickadee
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Writer friend needs prayer - 04/13/05 11:13 PM

Yeah smile...let's hear about you!

I Will add your writer friend to my prayers. Does she have family in town? When she gets home perhaps your writing group could take her meals...
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Writer friend needs prayer - 04/14/05 01:31 AM

Count me in for the prayer for your friend Smile....sounds like she has a LOT on her plate. We'll be there for her!
Posted by: Dian

Re: Writer friend needs prayer - 04/14/05 02:30 AM

My goodness - what a lot of things to happen all at once! OF course, she's added to my prayers, as are everyone else's requests.

Di
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Writer friend needs prayer - 04/14/05 06:05 PM

Smile, I'll be praying for your writer friend.
Have a great day!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Writer friend needs prayer - 04/14/05 10:15 PM

I as well Smile now I kinow who the flowers were for. Poor dear sounds like she needs someone like you for a friend. It just goes to show you, you never know what can happen, all this from a fall. Makes me feel stupid for complaining this morning about nothing at all... [Roll Eyes]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Writer friend needs prayer - 04/15/05 08:07 AM

Thank you all for your prayers. She came through the surgery yesterday better than she has before. Still hospitalized, but hopefully out soon.
As to me, the surgery has helped the orthopedic problems with my ankle which was completely re-constructed. The fibula was 3 times the normal size and he chiseled it down then used the pieces to fill in another bone that had worn down and fused a painful joint, but the nerve thing is still there and possibly worse. I'm having therapy 4 times a week and seeing some improvement.
Thanks for your prayers and concern.
Don't forget my friend.
smile