Please pray for my brother

Posted by: MiwSher

Please pray for my brother - 02/20/06 07:04 AM

He has terminal cancer and I don't think he will be with us much longer. He is in a great deal of pain due to the chemo damaging a major nerve bundle. There is a pain killer that helps him but it is extremely expensive (approx. $2,200 - $2,500 a month). His wife and 2 sons need prayer support, as does the whole family right now. I worry for him, that he will go peacefully. I worry for his family, that they will be strong and grow stronger and closer through this. I worry for my family, especially my mother. She is 80 and although she is very fit and active, this is taking a toll on her, too. She'll be flying out to see him on Friday. It will be her third flight in as many weeks.

Thank you,

MiwSher
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/20/06 07:07 AM

MiwSher
I have already prayed for your brother and his family. I'm sure others are praying also.

smile

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/20/06 07:46 AM

Thank you, smile

MiwSher
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/20/06 08:18 AM

I will also pray for your family...may you all find the strength you need.

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/20/06 08:40 AM

Thanks, yepthatsme2

MiwSher
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/20/06 04:06 PM

I am adding your brother and family to my prayers MiwSher.
chick
Posted by: Searcher

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/21/06 08:25 AM

I am so very sorry to hear of your brother, MiwSher. I hope you are all able to find strength in one another. Your mother must be an amazing woman - and I'm sure, then, that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Searcher
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/21/06 08:34 AM

Am praying right now for your brother and family MiwSher. How very hard for you to loose a brother. May God bless you and your family during this very trying hard time.

Even though our mind understands what's happening our hearts reach out to our loved ones hoping to help them even the smallest amount. May God give you the strength to help your brother and family.

I pray also that God will be especially close to your mother. The idea that parents survive their children is odd at best, but I pray your mother will be able to handle this. Bless her heart.

Lest I forget you, I pray God will be holding you in his arms letting you know that he is there supporting you all the way.

Sandpiper
Posted by: Dreamer

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/21/06 02:39 AM

My prayers are and will continue to be with all of you.

Dreamer
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/21/06 05:52 AM

I'm praying for you and your brother and family tonight MiwSher...God Love and Bless you all...
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/21/06 08:03 AM

Dear MiwSher: I'm sorry to learn your family is going through such ordeal. I pray for your brother, and the entire family. Please know that you will all be in my thoughts and prayers.

To see a loved one suffering is heart-wrenching. But remember our wonderful Lord looks upon each of you with infinite love. Although we don't always understand the reason, we can still trust in His love for us.

He sees even our sighs and the longing of our heart-(Psalm 38:9). May He strenghten you and yours.

Blessings!
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/21/06 10:43 PM

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. I know nothing anyone can say will make this time easier or less painful for all of you. But please know that as one who has been there, I care.
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/21/06 10:50 PM

MiwSher, so sorry to hear of your brother's illness. I will pray for strength for your family and for peace for your brother.
I just lost a brother last month and I don't think it has hit me yet. Does yours live far from you?
((HUGS))
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/22/06 06:48 PM

MiwSher right now there is not much to say except to offer our prayers till the pain grows somewhat easier. It takes time but you w ill come to remember all the precious memories you two shared. And yes, they become bittersweet because they make you feel better, yet, at the same time, you miss them and grieve for the loss of what might have been for them.

I lost a sister when I was 17 years old and she was 23. Killed in a car accident. To this day, I sometimes find myself thinking what her life would have been like and what she would have thought about my husband and children.

The pain eases but you still miss them. I tell people it's like your world has been tilted on its axis and will never be the same again. You learn to live with it and cherish the warm thoughts of them.

Hope this helps some.
Sandpiper

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/23/06 11:56 AM

Thank you all for your kind words. It's comforting to know that I have this kind of support.

Bluebird: My brother lives about 500 miles away. I desperately wish I could visit but we can't afford the gas or plane fare.

MiwSher
Posted by: writegirl1949

Re: Please pray for my brother - 02/23/06 07:22 PM

MiwSher, I too will be praying. Cancer is such a hard illness to cope with ... both the one ill and the family. I've experienced it first hand with first my mom, then my dad 2 1/2 years later. I pray God will surround you and your family with His supernatural peace.

Blessings, Francine