Mother's eyes

Posted by: smilinize

Mother's eyes - 06/21/06 04:50 PM

Please pray for my mother. She had cataract surgery which was complicated by glaucoma and her vision is worse now than before the surgery.

We are very concerned because she is an artist and she needs her eyes to paint. It keeps her young.

smile
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Mother's eyes - 06/22/06 07:16 AM

Dear Smile: I will be praying for your mom and her sight. We've seen God's power and so many answered prayers... and trust he cares so much for each of his children. So keep the faith. Help is on the way!

Blessings!
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Mother's eyes - 06/21/06 09:11 PM

I've got your Mom covered Smile...are the Doctors saying they can do anything else for her? They have come such a long way with vision lately, including corneal transplants and laser surgery..maybe you can look into some second and third opinions...keep us posted please.
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Mother's eyes - 06/21/06 09:50 PM

Praying for your mom, smile, especially for her peace of mind.

((HUGS)) for you both.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Mother's eyes - 06/21/06 09:56 PM

SMILES, don't know how I missed this post. You can bet your Mom is covered in prayer. I'm wondering the same as the other ladies, is there anything they can do for her sight?

Keep us posted, and we'll keep her covered. Bless her sweet heart!

JJ

Re: Mother's eyes - 06/23/06 08:00 PM

Nothing is impossible for the Lord!!! Smile... he's got your mom in his hands!

Re: Mother's eyes - 06/27/06 08:10 PM

Smile, how is your mother doing? Still praying and tgrusting for the Lord's healing hand to do what only he can do.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Mother's eyes - 06/27/06 08:23 PM

Song,
Here's what I posted under another topic. I should have posted it here. Mom is calmer about her eyes and her vision seems to be improving slowly.

Ross' call was such a comfort.

smile

(Here's the post)
I just thought everyone should know the quality of Dotsie's character and her concern for her boomer friends.

As some may remember, I posted a request for prayer for my Mom's eyes after she had cataract surgery followed by complications and further loss of vision. I received a sweet email from Dotsie who had her husband, Ross, (an eye Doctor) contact me that evening by phone.

After I explained the situation, he reassured me and I reassured Mom that her eyes will probably improve given a little time. It calmed us all to know she will probably regain her vision and hopefully see better within a few weeks.

She said today she is beginning to see a little better.

I certainly appreciate Dotsie's concern and Ross's call as well as the boomer prayers. It helps so much to have friends who care and who pray. She's not completely healed, but we're believing she soon will see much better and can return to painting.

smile

Re: Mother's eyes - 06/27/06 10:56 PM

Thanks for the update, I just read the other thread a little while ago. Glad to know everything is turning out ok. And, yes!! Dotsie & Ross make the world a little brighter!! Aren't we blessed to call them friends?