Prayers for Daddy

Posted by: jawjaw

Prayers for Daddy - 12/01/03 09:06 PM

Hello all,
As you've heard me tell before, Daddy has a dementia called Lewy-Body Diffusion (or disease). As of this past weekend, he has picked up a nasty cold at the VA home. Seems they might even have a flu epidemic going on there. I would ask that you please say a prayer for him if you get the chance. If you have dealt with dementia before, or even if you have love ones who are elderly, then you know that colds and the flu can be fatal. This is especially true for people with LBD because they have little or no resistance to fight back, their throat passage way has already begun to close, and because the antibiotics they can be given are very limited.

I am concerned for Dad right now as he cannot seem to fight the temp. Today it has come down one degree so even for that, I am grateful!

I want to thank you in advance for your support and prayers.
Posted by: Evie

Re: Prayers for Daddy - 12/01/03 09:16 PM

youg got it jawjaw - hope he's feeling better soon - these flu seasons can be nasty...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Prayers for Daddy - 12/01/03 09:59 PM

JJ, got you and your daddy covered! Praying the fever drops again! [Wink]
Posted by: Maggie

Re: Prayers for Daddy - 12/02/03 04:09 AM

JJ, You and your dad are in our prayers. Do hope he feels better.
maggie

Re: Prayers for Daddy - 12/02/03 05:01 AM

hey all...thank you so much for the prayers and support. As it turns out, Daddy is a little better tonight. That prayer...it really works, eh?

I do appreciate you all! Sending hugs,
Posted by: Lynn

Re: Prayers for Daddy - 12/04/03 03:37 AM

Hang in there JJ. Whatever is meant to be will. We earthlings are pulling for your Daddy. With this much positive energy How can it not work? Thinking of you.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Prayers for Daddy - 12/04/03 04:06 AM

JJ
Looks like your Dad is covered with prayers from coast to coast and all in between. Here too.

smile

Re: Prayers for Daddy - 12/04/03 05:42 AM

well my BB (boomer buds) I'm here to tell ya that Dad has been fever free exactly two days (when you all agreed to pray for him) and no one at the VA home can figure it out because everyone else is so sick.

I can...prayer.

How can I thank you all? God bless...JJ