Prayer request for my son

Posted by: Evie

Prayer request for my son - 11/11/03 04:54 PM

Tomorrow afternoon we are heading to the city (about an hour and half drive away from here) because my oldest son, TJ, is having knee surgery Thursday morning.

If I could ask that you keep TJ in your prayers on Thursday for a successful surgery, and that you keep all of us in prayer for safe travelling - weather is tricky this time of year....

Thanks!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/11/03 05:20 PM

Evie, I just offered prayers for you, your son, and family...for safe travel, fine care, and a speedy recovery. All in the Lord's hands. [Big Grin]

You're on my prayer list and will stay there until you tell me otherwise. [Wink]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/11/03 06:31 PM

Dear Girl! Of course you have our prayers. TJ has been sent prayers and hugs from the South. I also asked that God surround you and your hubby with HIS loving arms before, during and after the surgery.

God's speed on TJ's recover!

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/12/03 04:42 PM

Evie, please let us know how the surgery goes. [Wink]
Posted by: garrie keyman

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/13/03 07:23 AM

Evie -- tonight my youngest son was reading from a wee prayer book he had gotten at his first communion. He is usually the one who gets to say prayer before meal -- it's always been his special task -- and he decided he would like to read one prayer from that book each evening.

Well, the one he got to was The Lord's Prayer, only he knows it as "The Our Father," so I don't think he immediately recognized it as the same prayer he's recited aloud with me at bedtime since he could first speak.

I honestly don't think he'd evers SEEN it in print before, and he tends to be a bit of a "careless" reader -- not one to take his time -- and so he began:

"Our Father, who art in Heaven, how loud be thy name!"

It was all I could do to keep from bursting out in laughter, but I didn't. However, what I did do was think about the meaning behind little words like that -- words that escape the lips of the innocent. Surely, there is often more truth behind the words of such as these than we may ever know. After all, one of God's pseudonyms -- if you will -- IS The Word, is it not?

So anyway, I think what Dotsie is trying to say to you, as is everyone else: the voice of love and support shouting in your ear is GOD. As you head off to see to your son's surgery, the voices may sound like ours
Posted by: garrie keyman

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/13/03 07:32 AM

Hmm. My keyboard locked up there and I had to re-boot the ol' computer to get the use of it back. Guess I was supposed to shut up!

So I'll just let the thought drop.

*'scuse me*

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/14/03 01:51 PM

Evie, how's your boy? How are YOU?
Hugs,
Lil

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/14/03 04:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by garrie keyman:

the voice of love and support shouting in your ear is GOD. As you head off to see to your son's surgery, the voices may sound like ours[/QB]

Garrie, so beautifully written. Love it! [Big Grin] Thanks!

I love the idea of it being God's voice but sounding like ours! Sweet!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/15/03 08:04 AM

I too caught that sentence and thought...wow...that's spiritual poetry in motion. Very lovely thought.

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/15/03 06:05 AM

Garrie
thanks for the wonderful thoughts - yes God uses our voices too [Smile]
thanks everyone for prayers and support - TJ's surgery went well - he had a rough day yesterday, but we are home and aside from some pain, and learning how to get around with a splint from thigh to ankle keeping his leg perfectly straight he is doing good [Smile]
we are tired and happy to be sleeping in our own beds tonight!

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/15/03 05:06 PM

Evie,
Glad to hear the surgery is over with and you are all home. It's no fun hanging out in hospitals.

I've had major knee surgery and I'll never forget when my husband went to work and I got out of bed for the first time (while in the house alone with this huge, heavy leg brace on) and I couldn't figure out how to get my bad leg back in bed with me. Funny now, but frustrating at the time.

Praying for a speedy recovery. Will he have to have PT?

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/15/03 10:25 PM

I'm assuming by PT you mean physio? Yes - but not just yet - he goes back to see the surgeon in 2 weeks and until then cannot bend his leg at all! Dressings come off in a couple of days so should make the brace a little bit lighter as there is quite a bit of padding around it now - and yes it is heavy, I've helped him lift it onto the bed! [Roll Eyes]
Posted by: Candice Johnson

Re: Prayer request for my son - 11/16/03 03:59 PM

Evie, glad to hear that everyone is home and doing well. Keep us poste. And garrie, I love your post. You must have entered the forum while I was really busy. I'm glad you found us.