Our country!

Posted by: Dotsie

Our country! - 01/06/03 05:05 AM

I ask that all of us turn our hearts in prayer for our country. The threat of war is getting too close for comfort. Please also pray for our soldiers and their families as they move closer to the front line.
Posted by: nillawafer

Re: Our country! - 01/07/03 01:35 AM

absolutely.. this is something that is so close to home. i pray for this regularly. my daughter's boyfriend is in japan as we speak. i fear he is there just waiting to be put on a plane and be sent to war.
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: Our country! - 01/10/03 04:44 PM

I have a very dear friend who is not in the military but does related work....he's been told to be prepared to leave the country for 4 to 6 months. He and his wife just bought a new house and are supposed to move soon. He may not be home to help. Please pray for my friend and his family....this whole world situation, Iraq and Korea frightens me to death. God grant us peace!
Posted by: DJ

Re: Our country! - 01/13/03 01:20 AM

I pray that all Mothers all over the world obtain the wisdom and compassion to recognize that we are all the same in loving our children and in wanting them to live full and meaningful lives, and that with this understanding we will refuse to allow anyone's children to fight in wars. I pray that together we will insist that our political leaders start to behave like adults rather than playground bullies, and learn to reason with each other (to "play nice"). And if they find that some are being unreasonable, then I pray that our political leaders will figure out other ways to make the renegade countries behave -- other than sending our children to die for them.