For Janis/Smilinize

Posted by: chatty lady

For Janis/Smilinize - 12/03/10 09:56 AM

Awhile back I asked for prayers for one of our own and said I was suppose to keep her identity secret until she found out her diagnosis for sure. Well our dear friend Janis/Smilizize who was one of the original Boomers has found out she does have Lyphoma spread through her lymph nodes and also she has Leukemia. She is at home and so far isn't feeling too bad but they haven't started filling her with chemo and radiation. She asks for your prayers and knows how Boomer prayer seems to help whomever it is directed at. I will keep you all informed as to her progress but this is not a good diagnosis. Please pray for Janis, her husband Dan...
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/03/10 01:41 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this. I've been in contact with Janis through Facebook and have been carrying her in prayer. What a frightening diagnosis for her. I will indeed keep her in heart and prayer. Janis, words are difficult to find at times like this, just know how treasured and loved you are and feel our loving care surround you as you embark on this trek. xoxoxo
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/03/10 03:19 PM

Janis, I wish you all of these. You are in my prayers.

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/03/10 04:38 PM

Beautiful, Edelweiss!!

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/04/10 10:43 AM

By the way Sharon, how are you doing after your own ordeal? I am praying for you as well.

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/04/10 12:06 PM

It's been a rough few days. I've been in such severe pain that I called the surgeon's liaison nurse yesterday. She was kind enough to speak with me for quite awhile and we determined what was causing the pain. Apparently when the doctor removed everything (hysterectomy), she also removed LOTS (she emphasized the word LOTS) of endometriosis - which I never knew I had!! So we think the pain is from all the adhesions in there. Interesting news to hear, because I've been in pain and discomfort for so long that I can't remember what it feels like to be pain-free. But the doctors could never find anything wrong, and so put it down to emotional/psychological, which made me feel so much worse. But this explains the unidentified pain, the chronic fatigue, even the back pain that has plagued me for the past few years.

Which means, that when all of this is healed, I could find a whole new quality of life I haven't experienced before. A light at the end of the tunnel!!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/04/10 03:19 PM

Your experience mirrors a close friend's..
she was labelled nuerotic..etc..after all the gyna (hyster)and bowel adhesions (resection) were removed she met with her doctor to review her medical record...some pages were deleted

she is in fact a strong able woman but she had years of misdiagnosis.
so Eagle...look forward to a new page health wise..
Posted by: Edelweiss2

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/04/10 09:42 PM

I hope hope hope, Eagle, that this will solve all the medical problems. Once again, it goes to show that we all have to investigate and inform ourselves as well as we can about our health and treatments. I find that puzzling that the docto didn't inform you, himself, as to what he discovered and what he undertook. I would inquire about that. Don't let him off the hook too easily.

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 12:21 AM

Do you mean my surgeon or my GP? (both are female) I think the surgeon may have mentioned something but it was at 6am the morning after my surgery and I was still pretty drugged up. I was waiting until my follow-up to ask her all about it (follow up is Jan 10).

It's my GP I'm annoyed with. Years and years of complaining for naught. To be fair, she did run every test I ever asked her to run, but I had to do my own research for just about anything and everything to know what to ask for. In 2002, when I had my major breakdown, I was in serious trouble with profound depression. I went to her repeatedly and even after I had to quit my job, she still didn't do anything. It wasn't until hubby went in with me and begged my GP to listen to me that she finally clued in. But even then she didn't know who to refer me to...I had to go home, and search the Internet for a psychologist in the area, contact him, and then go back to my GP for the referral.

Believe me, I've tried to find another family doctor, but they're almost impossible to find now, so I'm hanging on to this one. At least she does listen when I go in with information and test requests. It did take me a long time to get her to take action with all this pelvic investigation. We began the initial testing over two years ago and it took this long to get to a diagnosis and treatment.
Posted by: orchid

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 04:44 AM

Quote:
Believe me, I've tried to find another family doctor, but they're almost impossible to find now, so I'm hanging on to this one. At least she does listen when I go in with information and test requests. It did take me a long time to get her to take action with all this pelvic investigation. We began the initial testing over two years ago and it took this long to get to a diagnosis and treatment.

You mean that there aren't new doctors available to take upon new patients in the Ottawa area? Meanwhile I will have to find a doctor in my new city at some point.

I hope the surgery will allievaite for for good that pain.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 07:08 AM

I'm so sorry to hear about Janis. That's a difficult diagnosis. Prayers are sent.

EagleHeart, you've been in my specific prayers for the past month or so. I send strength for your healing/
Posted by: Lola

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 08:50 AM

I have just mentioned Janis to my friend, Chris, who has battled lymphoma for the past two years and is in remission. Together with my friend and many more in my Parish, we carry Janis' personal petition within our prayer circle.

Eagle, you're a hystersister!!! I had an OC scare four years ago which got snipped in the nick of time by TAH. Now that you have had your procedure, you must ensure that your post-op recovery involves a lot of rest. That also means no pulling, pushing or carrying heavy weights for some time. If you feel any cramps, it might help to take anything with peppermint. Pineapple juice also aids with internal healing.

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 10:10 AM

Originally Posted By: Lola
Eagle, you're a hystersister!!! I had an OC scare four years ago which got snipped in the nick of time by TAH. Now that you have had your procedure, you must ensure that your post-op recovery involves a lot of rest. That also means no pulling, pushing or carrying heavy weights for some time. If you feel any cramps, it might help to take anything with peppermint. Pineapple juice also aids with internal healing.

Thanks Lola! It's 5am here and this is the worst time of day for me because of the gas cramps. Three dsys ago I was doubled over by them, and if I'm sitting when they hit, they literally pin me to the chair and I can't get up for a few seconds. So I read up on what had helped other “hystersisters” and bought myself some peppermint tea. It has helped tremendously, the cramps are much less severe. I’ve only been drinking it at night so far, hoping it would help with the mornings, but I think I’ll try drinking more throughout the day.
As for the lifting, etc, hubby’s doing EVERYTHING. As soon as I feel any strain anywhere I stop immediately and let him take over. WE’ve both decided we’ll give myself 4-6 weeks before even attempting to do much. He seems quite happy to pamper me for now, so I’m very blessed and lucky!

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 10:14 AM

Originally Posted By: meredithbead
EagleHeart, you've been in my specific prayers for the past month or so. I send strength for your healing/

Thank you Meredith! I really felt the presence and strength of praying friends surrounding me the morning of my surgery. I went in with such serenity because of this strong sense of being lifted up by prayer and care. That has continued throughout my recovery, I can feel the extra nudges of strength helping me through. Thank you so much!!!

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 10:17 AM

For Janis, you continue to be in my heart and prayers. I can imagine the fearful places you've been visiting lately, and send light and love to surround and embrace you. You know how much I love and care.
Posted by: judym

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 08:45 PM

Prayers going up right now. Love and blessings and God's light and mercy
Posted by: judym

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/05/10 08:46 PM

Great power in prayer- tenfold or singly!

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/06/10 12:40 AM

Glad to hear there may be a light at the end of the tunnel Sharon. Will keep the prayers going for sure.
Posted by: jabber

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/14/10 08:30 PM

Every boomer member here and their families are in my prayers. Blessings to all of you going through difficult times! Hold on and keep believing in a higher power!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: For Janis/Smilinize - 12/17/10 01:41 PM

I am saddened to learn that Janis is going through such a rough time. But I've been praying for my boomer sisters and will add this specific request to our prayer warrior list. This ministry is growing and God is ever willing to bless those who ask and trust.

Janis, don't forget you are a child of the King and He loves you deeply. He is your Healer and your strength. We will lift you up in prayer. God is in control and He cares for you. So do we.

Sharon, I am glad they found the cause for your anguish. I pray you have a full recovery and that you can continue to bring joy to others in your path. I've been praying for you and so are many prayer warriors. May God continue to bless you abundantly!