Surgery Tomorrow Morning

Posted by: Eagle Heart

Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/21/10 11:26 PM

I finally got the phonecall, my surgery is at 8am tomorrow (Monday) morning. This is the total hysterectomy which will tell us if it's endometrial cancer or if we've caught it at the pre-cancerous stage. I'd appreciate prayers and positive energy...it will be a 4-5 hour surgery, hopefully laparoscopic (which will mean a shorter recovery time). Thank you!!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/22/10 12:14 AM

You got it, Eagle. Hoping all goes well for you. <Positive Energy winging it's way to Canada>

smile
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/22/10 01:26 AM

Eagle, will be thinking of you and praying for you tomorrow. So glad to get this update. I've been away too long.
Posted by: orchid

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/22/10 01:48 AM

I'm wishing you bushels of luck and strength, Eagle. We're here for you. (It wouldn't be surprising there is Internet access for patients in public areas within hospital!)

Take time to recover too.

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/22/10 02:26 AM

Thank you everyone. What a lovely image to have in my head as they're wheeling me into surgery...all of your loving wishes and healing energy and prayers encircling my bed. Thank you!! This could be (maybe it is, if I were truly honest) a very frightening experience. But I'm staying strong in my faith and rooted in love. Thank you for helping me through yet again another rough patch of road.

Orchid, you continue to be in my thoughts and prayers. One thing that the past few years has taught me is to pray through any of my pain, whether emotional or physical...praying for others brings me peace and inner strength. As you carry me in your thoughts and well wishes, so too do I carry you in mine.

And I'm hoping I won't be in there long enough to need the Internet. If the surgery goes as plans (laparoscopic), I could be out by Wednesday!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/22/10 05:36 PM

I've been sending you positive energy and prayer since I woke up this morning, EagleHeart!

I hope your recovery room is just glowing with all the positive energy your BWS sisters are beaming your way!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/22/10 10:03 PM

All our love, good thoughts, and prayers be with you Sharon.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/23/10 08:04 AM

Prayers for an easy recovery.

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/24/10 03:33 PM

Well, I had my surgery on Monday (total hysterectomy) and they sent me home yesterday. I'm amazed at what I can do already (climb stairs, take a shower, etc). But I'm having difficulty with motion sickness, maybe because of all the strong drugs they gave me during the surgery and post-op. Anyway, I'm very glad to be home in my own bed. I can't stay online very long because of the nausea, but just wanted to post an update. Thank you everyone for your prayers and care. You helped me go into this with such serenity and positive attitude. And I'm sure it's all your love that has been helping me up and down the stairs!!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/24/10 05:24 PM

Well done Eagle.take care.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/24/10 06:25 PM

Take care of yourself, Eagle, and don't try to do too much at once!

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/24/10 06:37 PM

Eagleheart, how thoughtful of you to send us an update.

We will continue to keep you in our prayers as you recover, of course. Do be careful on the stairs!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/26/10 02:17 AM

I'm glad you made it through the surgery, Eagleheart! Pamper yourself now.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/27/10 02:45 PM

Eagleheart,
I'm glad the surgery went well and that you're home and recovering on the wings of boomer wishes and prayers. Will continue to pray for your complete health and well being.
Blessings!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 11/30/10 11:53 PM

Eagleheart, how are you feeling?

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 12/01/10 12:01 AM

Thanks for asking Mustang Gal. I'm still very sore and fatigue very easily. When I first got home, I was amazed at my ability to climb the stairs and walk without problem. But I think I over-estimated my progress and have to slow down now.

My biggest problem, which is the most painful aspect of this entire ordeal, is the gassiness...very uncomfortable and downright painful at times.

I'm also a bit apprehensive at all the complications that I have to watch out for...clots, prolapse, lymphodema to name a few...I hadn't anticipated having to worry about all that stuff.

But I'm mobile and have a hubby who is doing EVERYTHING for me right now so that I can focus all of my energy on healing.

Re: Surgery Tomorrow Morning - 12/01/10 03:27 AM

Take care, Eagleheart! I'm glad you have such a wonderful and loving support system in your husband.