Young girl in need

Posted by: Songbird

Young girl in need - 05/02/08 04:12 PM

Sad news is that this is a beautiful 12-13 yr. old girl in serious health condition. Still undergoing tests. Her family is leaning on the Lord as this ordeal unfolds, so I ask you to pray for Reba.

Our church's Prayer Ministry, which your friend leads, receives many requests from different states.

I have not been up to par lately either. Let's continue praying for each other. Lord knows we need all the help He is willing to give us.

Trust in the Lord is our best assurance in times such as this. We are blessed to have Him to shelter, strengthen, heal and lead us.

Blessings to you and yours.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Young girl in need - 05/02/08 08:35 PM

Oh my Songbird, I am adding you and Reba to my prayers. I hope she and you have a speedy recovery from whatever ails you...
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Young girl in need - 05/02/08 09:21 PM

Songbird, prayers for you and Reba.

Re: Young girl in need - 05/05/08 02:24 PM

Thanks for your prayers, Chatty & Meredith:
Reba's parents should receive some answers today, from the medical test done last week. She is 11 yrs. old and a gift from God. I witnessed the miracle, as her parents were unable to conceive. After many prayers and struggles, she came to brighten their home.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Young girl in need - 05/05/08 06:12 PM

Songbird, are you feeling any better?

Re: Young girl in need - 05/12/08 03:02 PM

I am dealing with several issues. This year I am dealing with allergies and this caught me totally off guard. But I am a bit better, thank God. This affects my ministry as a speaker and singer.

I am dealing also, with a much more serious issue... But I am confident the Lord is in control of my life.
Thanks for prayers on my behalf.

Re: Young girl in need - 05/12/08 03:06 PM

This 11 year old is dealing with Hodgkin's Lymphoma. Started chemo last wk. and is now home. We continue to pray for her and her parents.

Re: Young girl in need - 05/12/08 03:42 PM

song, do she and her family have much support? I pray so.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Young girl in need - 05/12/08 05:36 PM

Song, I hope it helps to hear that I've met many people who had Hodgkin's as children and went on to live long, healthy lives.

I'm keeping Reba in heart and prayer...and you too. My step-daughter says the pollen is very high this year; she's been having a rough few days lately. You're not that far away from where we live, so you're probably both suffering through the same airwaves! Sending care and prayers on those breezes that the days ahead bring you happy sinuses and easy breathing!
Posted by: humlan

Re: Young girl in need - 05/12/08 06:04 PM

Song..prayng for you and Reba! Encircling you both with lots of love and light and hugs!!!!

Re: Young girl in need - 05/13/08 03:31 PM

Thanks, Dotsie, Eagle and Humlan. Reba's family has a wonderful circle of church-which is a huge family, supporting them with prayers, visits, words of comfort, etc. The girl's grandma is taking care of her 2 yr old baby brother, so parents can focus more on her needs.

Eagle, thanks for the info. We are all confident that she will survive this. God is in control and he has a plan for her life.

Thanks for all of your support.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Young girl in need - 05/14/08 01:59 PM

Of course Song I'll keep your friend in my prayers. I'll also pray for God's blessings on the family.

Lest we forget, you are also in the prayers because you, dear friend, also need prayers since they are so close to you and in your heart. Sending prayers upward now for you and those you seek prayer for.

Re: Young girl in need - 05/19/08 06:43 PM

Dear Sandpiper, thank so much for your encouraging words. God bless you!

What a blessing it was to visit with Reba and family this past weekend! She looks fine-never would guess there is anything wrong with her by just looking at her. Her family is standing strong right now; but Reba will endure chemo this wednesday-not an easy 'pill' to swallow. We still need your prayers on her behalf. Thanks so much!
Posted by: humlan

Re: Young girl in need - 05/19/08 06:57 PM

And our prayers are still flowing for you, Reba and her family..

Sending you DeeĀ“s angel hugs..for all of you!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Young girl in need - 05/20/08 02:02 AM

Songbird, my prayers are with Reba, her family, for you.

Re: Young girl in need - 05/20/08 11:35 PM

Will she be able to continue with school?
Posted by: Songbird08

Re: Young girl in need - 07/01/08 04:31 PM

I praise God. Reba has good grades and was able to attend school irregularly during these last weeks, but finished the year alright.

I saw her again a week ago and she is looking fine. She has a very positive attitude, which is helping tons.

Her mom and grandma joined our "Hour of Power" services. This is a special intercessory prayer service held each sunday AM at church. We've seen many prayers answered. Also, the Prayer Warriors I lead are surrounding her constantly in prayer.

Last Sunday, Reba's mom gave the devotional. It was truly inspiring, , as she gave testimony of how the Lord is working and strengthening each of them. We are witnessing the power of prayer and faith, the love of God,and the warmth of love from one another.

She just had another round of tests done, to decide what the next course of treatment should be. We're waiting in the Lord.

Thanks for all your love, concern, prayers and willingness to hold each need in prayer.

Blessings!
Posted by: Songbird08

Great news- Praise God! - 07/09/08 05:31 PM

I just received great news! Reba is doing fine. Her test showed no sign of this disease. She will continue with final round of treatment. But what a relief to know she is well. Praise the Lord for His goodness, His love, compassion and for answering our prayers!

Thanks so much to each of you who prayed for her!