Ongoing Illness

Posted by: Eagle Heart

Ongoing Illness - 01/21/08 03:42 AM

I've wanted to ask for prayers here before about this, but didn't want to cover up anyone else's request. But I decided to ask tonight.

I've been sick since our return from the cruise (Dec 28th). It's been a weird thing. It doesn't feel like the flu, (and I had the flu shot); it does feel like a cold, most of the time, with all the symptoms of a bad cold. It would be insignificant if it wasn't for the longevity - and other side-symptoms, like sudden bouts of extreme weakness and fatigue.

Tonight, I was up in the living room praying, very peaceful, feeling pretty good, not even a sniffle or cough. Suddenly, out of nowhere, I started throwing up. No warning whatsoever. This has been happening more frequently.

I'm seeing the doctor tomorrow. We're leaving very soon to go south. This doesn't feel so good. So I'm asking for your prayers for a speedy restoration to better health. Thank you...

...and I have to go to bed right now because I suddenly feel so unwell that I can barely type - I'm used to mental/emotional difficulty, but this level of physical unwellness is VERY unusual for me.
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/21/08 04:01 AM

Eagle, when you read this in the morning know that my thoughts and prayers are with you. A couple of illnesses come to mind after travel, but that is not what you asked for. Also, I think that anyone who comes on and hits "active topics" will get all new posts even if they are in the same forum so no need to worry about cover up. I will include you in my evening meditation. Please never hesitate to ask; you have helped so many. I for one am honored and humbled to try to be of some assistance to you. Love and Light, Lynn
Posted by: Anno

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/21/08 07:00 AM

I am so sorry to hear this Eagle. You will be in my prayers and heart for your speedy recovery and great health.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/21/08 08:39 AM

Our neighbours are world travellers, and half the time come home sick after one of their cruises.
It sounds like some sort of salmonella illness. Sending you my very best wishes for a speedy recovery, Eagle.
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/21/08 10:15 AM

Sharon
a woman who is an intuitive practioner has told me that the body can have a "cleansing" during inner emotional work.She use reiki and bowen .
It is important to have medical checks but why would a body not heal in its own way?
MA
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/21/08 10:41 AM

Praying for a quick recovery, dear Eagle heart. Please , if you're able, let us know how your doctor's appointment went. I'm so glad you had an appt. today. Take care...
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/22/08 09:16 AM

Eagle Heart, my prayers for your good health to return soon.

You are here for all of us, whenever anyone needs a friend. In turn, I know that everyone on this forum wants to be here for you. Be well.

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/22/08 07:45 PM

Thank you everyone. I appreciate your prayers.

The doctor thinks this is some weird virus I picked up on the cruise, with the bad cold making it difficult to fight off. I'm still feeling somewhat unwell, but at least am able to keep food down.

The main reason I went to her is that we're heading to Cuba soon, and I need to be sure this isn't bacterial, because it's often impossible to get antibiotics there. We take lots of OTC stuff with us (and whatever we don't use we leave behind with the local doctor), and most long-stay tourists bring a supply of antibiotics "just in case" (and then leave behind if unused.) My doctor won't prescribe anything for "just in case", but normally it's not a problem because my immune system is strong enough to fight most things off quickly and without meds.

This level of physical unwellness is unusual, and rather debilitating. Hopefully all that vitamin D and fresh salt air will help.
Posted by: Wisdom&Life

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 01:27 AM

Oh Eagle,

I pray you will recover soon. I'm sorry you have to go through this.

I love you dear boomer sis!

Cathi
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 02:53 AM

Eagle, are you feeling better today? Wow, lots of travel for you- that's sounds so nice!

Kathy
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 04:55 AM

Hey Kathy, welcome back! You've been missed

As of pretty recently, I can look north and see snow on the mountains, and was wondering if you have it too?
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 03:42 PM

Eagle, Sorry to hear you are feeling so run-down. I pray you are getting better now and have no additional problems with your up-coming trip to the Cuba. Health is so important.

It took me weeks to recover and I am not fully recovered from my year end illness. (Whatever it was).

When are you traveling?

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 04:08 PM

Thanks Kathy and Songbird,
I'm feeling better today. Thanks for the prayers and good thoughts. One of our best friends in Cuba (a doctor) called us last night just to assure us that she would take very good care of me when we get there...just to hurry up and get there!

We're leaving for Cuba next week...hubby's so excited. He's been going every year for about 14 years now (same place every year - many of his family go too); this will be my 5th time in that location, 8th time in Cuba. We missed last year (looking after Gary), so hubby almost can't sleep he's so giddy!

The sun and sand will be very welcome (leaving all this cold snow behind), but I'm especially looking forward to seeing all of our friends again - both fellow tourists who go every year, and the Cuban friends who are like a second family. With my own family so broken right now, it will be a great and comforting joy to be with these people, and hubby's family too (there will be 7 of us going this year). It's one of the few places (besides BWS) where I feel safe and at home.
Posted by: dancer9

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 06:28 PM

Oh, Eagle Heart!
All this posting for others and you didn't even mention your own pain and illness? I'm sorry you are ill! We must focus on you! You must focus on you! You are truly generous to hide your illness and be on the forum for everyone else.

Still, you come first! Will you see a doctor if you don't improve? Will you keep us informed!

It's terrible that our "heart," our Eagle Heart, is ill! It really is.

I will keep you close in my thoughts.

dancer9
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 07:47 PM

Oh Samba Samba Cuba! I heard that Cubans are one of the most hospitable folks on this planet. I'd love you to post pictures again Eagle. like from your trip to Europe.
Hopefully the climate change will put a stop to those nasty germs. Adios Amiga!

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 10:52 PM

Muchas Gracias, Hannelore - I'm also looking forward to brushing up on my Spanish. I've got three books to help; our SIL and I are also talking about hiring a tutor to come in and teach us for an hour or so a day.

I do have pictures from our trip two years ago...I posted the link here way back then. But here it is again, if anyone's interested. This is where we're heading.

http://ca.geocities.com/eagleborntofly@rogers.com/Cuba/index.html
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/23/08 11:38 PM

Eagle you and your family are truely blessed by helping your Cuban family. This is the first time I knew about your pictures and family. What a wonderful thing for you to do. The people and story tears at my heart. We, Americans, are so unaware just how much we truly have. God Bless you dear one.

I am praying for you that your illness will be gone and you thoroughly enjoy your trip.

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/30/08 03:06 PM

Dear Eagle: I pray you have a blessed trip and enjoy the tropical weather while you bless others with your love, compassion and caring. Have fun and remain safe! Hasta pronto, amiga!

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/30/08 03:14 PM

Songbird,
Muchas gracias...it means so much that you remembered! Thank you, for your prayers and your kind thoughtfulness. You know that I carry you and my BWS sisters in my heart-prayers everywhere I go. I usually have a quiet prayer time early every morning by the pool, before anyone else gets there, and lift up my loved ones, by name. So even if I can't be here to read the concerns and needs, I will still not forget you in those morning prayers.

Gracias, amiga...nos vemos mas tardes! (my Spanish is rusty, hope that was correct)

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/30/08 03:19 PM

Eagle: Your Spanish is good! Are you traveling already? I had no idea you knew some Spanish! Congratulations!!!! It makes my heart sing!

Let me tell you that I am very touched by what you are doing. May the Lord bless you and keep you in His loving arms each and every day! ¡Dios te bendiga siempre!

Re: Ongoing Illness - 01/30/08 03:49 PM

Hablo muy picito...ovedo mucho!

But once I get there, it will all come back. I'm in Montreal (Quebec) today, then heading out early tomorrow morning. Today we're getting freezing rain...much of southern Ontario is shut down due to snow and high winds...a good time to escape!

We are touched by our Cuban friends. Very poor, yet very generous with what they do have. We help in whatever way we can (let's just say we're all WAY over our weight allowance again!), but they bless and enrich us so much more with their kind hearts and generosity of spirit.

Re: Ongoing Illness - 02/04/08 02:33 PM

Eagle, I pray this trip is as enriching as the previous ones, and that God helps you as you help others with your kindness and love. Dios te bendiga, amiga. Feliz viaje.