urgent prayer request

Posted by: Anonymous

urgent prayer request - 12/20/07 02:28 AM

please pray for my step-father

in hospital 2nd time this month due to heart issues

two weeks ago blood pressure dropped, doc changed meds, now has fluid in lungs causing his already weak heart to work harder

tonight no doc available, on iv, eating and drinking do not help

will be in hosp. until at least saturday

mom staying w/ him b/c she is worried he will not make it through the night

I'm scared to death & my step family do not give a hoot about me, thus no comfort

thus, i just can't stop worrying - i'm frightened

this is all I know

please pray for my step-dad, Terry
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/20/07 03:52 AM

Oh Mustang, this sounds so serious I will keep your SF in thoughts. Lynn
Posted by: gims

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/20/07 06:17 AM

You have a special prayer from me. I will pray for the doctors and hospital personnel also.
Stay strong. It is near miracles what they can do for heart patients these days.
Posted by: ladyjane

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/20/07 12:09 PM

Prayers coming your way...please keep us updated.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/20/07 12:28 PM

Mustang, I am including your step-dad in my prayers.
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/20/07 05:09 PM

It's hard, because I can sense your pain, but try to stay strong for your Mom. All my best wishes are heading your way.
Hannelore
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/21/07 07:04 AM

MustangGal, my prayers for his health and your strength in dealing with it.
Posted by: ArleneKole1

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/21/07 06:22 PM

I'm sending out my prayers for you & your family.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/21/07 11:04 PM

Ask and you shall receive my friend...Prayers coming your way.
Posted by: Sandpiper

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/23/07 03:29 AM

Will include your step father and family in my prayers.
Sandpiper
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/23/07 03:56 PM

I'm a little late on this, but will also pray. Any news?

Anyone heard from mustang? She hasn't been here since this post...
Posted by: yonuh

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/23/07 05:17 PM

MustangGal, I saw this and will send prayers and good thoughts your way.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/24/07 11:14 AM

mustangal
adding myself to the list, is theirr any more news of your dad. How are you doing in this?
Posted by: Countrygirl

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/24/07 12:18 PM

Praying too, sorry I didn't see this posting sooner. Any news?

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/25/07 02:14 AM

Thank you Ladies! My SF was released Friday. Doc says he has not been taking his medidcation (lacik) as prescribed and too much salt intake -- thus, liquid build up in the lungs. This is the 2nd time this month he's been in hosp. for not following medical instructions (4th visit for the year).

Does he listen, nope! Already off the diet and salt intake and already on the go w/ not enough rest.

My parents plan to sell some land soon, thus I hope they will purchase an adjustable bed b/c he cannot sleep laying down (after a few hours the fluid builds up). He usually sleeps on the sofa or chair w/ ottoman.

I'd appreciate your continued prayers that he will adjust his lifestyle and adhere to prescribed medications.

Thank you for your prayers.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: urgent prayer request - 12/25/07 04:32 AM

Musangal-I'll be praying for your step father and family. Hope you havea great christmas and blessed new Year!

Re: urgent prayer request - 01/30/08 02:11 AM

my stepfather is back in the hospital -- yet over 350 miles away from home in St. Augustine/Jacksonville, FL. All we know is heart is overly enlarged and beginings of pneumonia. Mom will drive down tomorrow and hope to know more soon. I'm scared and I know my mother is scared, too. Unfortunately we are not close and I'm not much comfort to her; also, she takes her frustration out on me. I know my step-father is scared as well, not only for being in the hospital, but b/c in a town w/ no family and so far away from home w/ a medical staff he's not familiar with. i'm worried and my mom is not answering her phones now.
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: urgent prayer request - 01/30/08 02:27 AM

What a frightening situation for you, Mustang...you're all in my prayers tonight and throughout the coming week(s), MustangGal...I pray for your stepfather and mother, but also that God will send you His peace and Presence to help you get through an anxious night. You're not alone.

Re: urgent prayer request - 01/30/08 03:32 AM

thank you eagle. mom was finally able to speak w/ him, yet no other phone calls allowed. he's in icu and given something to help him rest tonight. 2 additional test were requested, 2 test that had not been performed locally. hoping this 2nd opinion will be conclusive. on call doc has not yet arrived. his friend/partner stayed w/ him until about 8:30ish. i'll take mom to rental car agency tomorrow am and she should arrive early afternoon. i just feel awful b/c i can't do anything, and should i help, it will be the wrong thing.

if anyone has any experience(s) with congested heart failure and pneunomia -- regardless of the outcome. I understand the condition, yet worry about the outcome.

Re: urgent prayer request - 01/30/08 03:14 PM

Dear MustangGal: I'm praying for your step father, your mom and you too. I pray you may rest in knowing that you are not alone with your situation and concerns. May the presence of God give you peace and hope for each step of this journey.

Re: urgent prayer request - 01/31/08 02:52 AM

he's stable, awaiting test results, mom is there and I know she's scared b/c when I saw her off she said to pick up my sister in Macon, GA, on the way if I'm called to do so
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: urgent prayer request - 01/31/08 07:38 PM

MustangGal, thanks for the update. I think I must have missed a post somewhere and couldn't find where you told why he was in another town or strange hospital. Were they vacationing? At any rate, know we are thinking of all of you. And whenever you can, let us know of his improvements!
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/01/08 01:21 AM

JJ, MG did not say why. I assumed he was transported elsewhere to where he could get certain care. What do I know? Just popping in for an update, and saw your question. PL

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/01/08 01:38 AM

MG, sorry you are going through this. All of you are in my prayers.

My mom had congestive heart failure and landed in the ER a couple times, but it was always able to be controlled, and she never had pneumonia with it. Sorry I'm not much help.

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/01/08 02:22 AM

he was in jacksonville/st. augustine area on business when the symptoms occured again.

update: still in ICU as unable to stablize blood pressure which is low. mom drove down to FL and staying w/ him as long as allowed and staying at a friend's condo.

we're all really worried. nights are the worst b/c won't have an update until the AM and have not heard from mom since mid-afternoon w/ the above update. she cannot take calls in ICU.

thank you for the prayers
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/01/08 02:29 AM

Ahhh...I see. Well, please know you are in our thoughts and all of your family as well.

JJ
Posted by: Dee

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/01/08 08:16 PM

Mustang...I'm so sorry for just now seeing this...so I sent over extra support/hug/love/prayer angels in hopes that they will surround you and your family and your step-father in this time of need. Bless your heart...I'll be praying every hour for you dear one.
HUGS ALL AROUND

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/03/08 03:32 AM

Dee, thank you, i cannot tell you how thankful for your prayers. thank you

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/04/08 02:51 PM

Dear MustangGal: I'm still praying for your family, trusting that God loves him greatly and is in control.

Remember the Bible says that God's blessings are renewed each morning. Trust fully in his word and he will not forsake you! Clinging to his promises helps us through the darkest moments of life and may help you through each literal night when there is no knowledge of his condition.

One promise that helps me calm when in uncertain situations, is that God will not let us endure more than what we can handle. It helps me realize how well he knows me and cares for me and each of us.

May God strengthen each of you individually as you rest in his promises and love!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/04/08 02:59 PM

Mustand, I haven't posted, but I am praying.

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/23/08 02:07 PM

Thank you gals. He's been home a couple weeks now. Recovery will be a long road. Parents will need to make diet changes along with household items (i.e., professionally clean carpets, ducts, new mattress and lounge chairs -- all to help diminish allergins and assist with respitory health).

Ladies, Thank you for all your prayers and support.

Re: urgent prayer request - 02/25/08 09:04 PM

Dear MG-Just one step at a time in the right direction goes a long way. I am glad he's recovering. I'll continue to keep you all in my prayers.

There are many in need, but God has time to care for each petition as if the only one. What an amazing God we serve!

Re: urgent prayer request - 03/20/08 02:41 AM

Ladies, please keep praying.
Posted by: Lola

Re: urgent prayer request - 03/20/08 07:17 AM

Yes, we will, Mustang.

Re: urgent prayer request - 05/03/08 03:43 AM

Ladies, thank you. My step-father has been home for about 2 weeks, yet today another turn to the worse. Please keep him in your prayers.

p.s. I also offer up prayers at http://www.upperroom.org/
Posted by: humlan

Re: urgent prayer request - 05/04/08 12:29 AM

Just read your thread, mustang..and I will keep you and your family close..

How are things? He´s in hospital again?

Hugs!

Re: urgent prayer request - 05/04/08 01:05 AM

This week, I have spoken with so many boomers who are in the midst of caring for aging loved ones. It's amazing!

If you are interested in learning more about caring for loved ones, you can read the articles at www.nabbw.com that are written by our eldercare expert, Barbara Friesner. If you are a member of the NABBW, she also has a good teleseminar in the Members Only section.

mustang, holding you and your loved ones in prayers.