Spiced Pecans

Posted by: Cookie

Spiced Pecans - 12/03/06 10:35 PM

Put these easy delicious homemade nuts in a pretty tin, and it makes a great Christmas gift or party snack.

Spiced Pecans

1 egg white
1 teaspoon cold water
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1 pound of pecan halves

Beat egg white slightly with a fork or mixer. Add the water and beat until frothy, but not stiff. Fold in pecans. In a small bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and salt. Add to the pecans and mix well. Spread pecan mixture out onto a buttered cookie sheet. Bake at 200 degrees for 35-40 minutes; stirring every 15 minutes. Be careful not to burn them. Cool. Store in an airtight container.
Posted by: Anno

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/03/06 10:45 PM

mmmmm . . .
I will definitly try this!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/03/06 10:48 PM

These sound great and what a nice something different to take to a party buffet....
Posted by: Lola

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/03/06 11:34 PM

Sounds yummy. Thanks, Cookie. Must make some. Will roasting time apply to other nuts like cashews and almonds?
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/04/06 12:04 AM

Lola, baking time in the oven would be the same. But oven temps vary so you might want to sample them while they are baking to make sure they don't over bake to the burn stage. This is good made with walnuts too.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/04/06 01:58 AM

I'm from Missouri, Cookie....you know...the "SHOW ME" state?

What? Do you mean I have to cook them myself?
Posted by: Lola

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/04/06 08:23 AM

My stove goes by gas mark 1 to 9 and will really have to watch it. Counterparts to cooking time by 200 250 etc sometimes stumps me. All a matter of tomayto, tomahto. Thanks once again.
Posted by: BarbaraQuinn

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/19/06 01:56 AM

Ohmigod, Cookie, I made these tonight to have for Christmas and I don't think they're going to last! They're soooooooo good. My husband was munching on them as soon as he walked in the door. And I can't stay away from the tin. Thanks so much for sharing this recipe.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/19/06 03:15 PM

Our neighbor makes these things and they are scrumptious. She is also the one who turned my daughter and I on to making the chocolate covered pretzels. No wonder I've gained weight since she moved in. This must be how chatty's neighbors feel.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Spiced Pecans - 12/21/06 05:23 AM

I'm pretty sure if I made these I'd eat them all in no time flat. I love nuts, and this recipe sounds sumptuous!

Jawjaw, when did you come out of Missouri? Y'all definitely lost that Mizzurrah accent, too.
Posted by: JaMaPh

maple pecans - 12/27/06 07:25 AM

yawl can also soak pecans in maple syrup, the real stuff, not the fake stuff. Soak and dry, soak and dry til they are crusty. beats paying thru the nose for them at trader joe's.

Janine