Choc. Drizzled-Cinnamon Pecan Bars

Posted by: chatty lady

Choc. Drizzled-Cinnamon Pecan Bars - 09/24/06 01:14 AM

Chocolate-Drizzled Cinnamon Pecan Bars

Now heres something to go along with that hot chocolate, coffee, tea or ice cold milk....

1cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, separated
2 cups flour
1 tbsp. Ground Cinnamon
1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup white baking chips

BEAT butter and sugar in large bowl with electric mixer on high speed until light and fluffy.
Add egg yolk; beat well.
Add flour and cinnamon; beat on low speed until well blended. Press dough out evenly into a 1/4-thick rectangle, on large ungreased baking sheet...

BEAT egg white until foamy. Brush on dough. Sprinkle with nuts; lightly press into dough....

BAKE in preheated 300*F. oven 45 minutes or until lightly browned. Cut into 2 1/2 X 1 1/2 inch bars while still hot. Remove from baking sheet. Cool completely on wire rack.

MELT chocolate chips in separate bowls as directed on package. Spoon each melted into a plastic sandwich bag then cut a small piece from one of the corners of the bag. Close the bag tightly and drizzle the chocolate in a pretty pattern over the bars.: let stand until chocolate is set...
Store in an airtight container....
Posted by: 49erDonna

Re: Choc. Drizzled-Cinnamon Pecan Bars - 09/24/06 01:17 AM

yummy.... sounds like a keeper!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Choc. Drizzled-Cinnamon Pecan Bars - 09/25/06 12:53 PM

Oh man. That looks so good. I'm printing it and will make it the next time I need to take something to a friend's house. Now that the kids are gone, I don't dare make something like this for us. Ross is a diabetic so I would have to eat everything.