Hot day- treat!

Posted by: chatty lady

Hot day- treat! - 04/28/06 06:18 AM

Chilled Corn Chowder

Soon it will be fresh corn season, naturally sweet and with the creamy avacado added to this chilled blender soup (no cooking needed) its deliciously rich....

2 1/2 cups Almond milk
2 1/2 cups raw corn kernels, from about 5 ears
1 small avacado, peeled and diced (about a cup)
1/2 tsp. salt
black or white pepper to taste, about 1/2 tsp.

Puree Almond milk, 2 cups corn kernels, 3/4 cup avacado and salt in the blender until smooth.
Ladle into bowls and garnish with remaining corn and avacado, and sprinkle with pepper.

[ May 16, 2006, 08:48 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]

Re: Hot day- treat! - 05/17/06 03:24 AM

You have to try this to see how really good it tastes and it is refreshing too, not filling.
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Hot day- treat! - 05/18/06 08:05 AM

This sounds yummy Chatty....I'm going to try it next week when I get home....i have a whole pile of new recipes to try...I tend to cook and eat alot when I'm depressed... [Frown]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: Hot day- treat! - 05/18/06 03:53 PM

I have to bring a dish to work on Monday...we're doing Italian. Any suggestions.
chick
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Hot day- treat! - 05/18/06 09:05 PM

Blondi, depressed because you are no longer at the beach? I don't blame you.

How about an antipasta tray? You could use pepperd cheeses, sausage, olives, peppers, etc. My sister makes an awesome one for showers and gatherings.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Hot day- treat! - 05/18/06 10:31 PM

Chat, where do you find Almond Milk? I've never heard of it. Is it canned?

Re: Hot day- treat! - 05/19/06 03:19 AM

I find mine at the Organic/Health food store, Wild Oats here in Vegas but you should be able to get it on Amazon.com under Gourmet foods....David will be surprised and I think happy with this recipe after a hot, hard day at the office....My guests are always very surprised when I serve them this and I always end up giving out the recipe....Oh, you can also google Almond milk and see what they offer. Sometimes I make my own and use my juicer, its really simple and alot less expensive.

[ May 18, 2006, 08:21 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]