Roasted Red Pepper Soup

Posted by: chatty lady

Roasted Red Pepper Soup - 03/10/06 05:18 AM

Roasted Red Pepper Soup

Serve this rosy red soup any time of the year.

Soup:

1 medium onion, chopped
4 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbsp olive oil
3 roasted red peppers or (1 7-oz. jar of roasted red peppers in the grocery store condiment aisle)
3 cups low fat, low sodium chicken broth
1/2 cup tomato juice
Fresh ground pepper to taste.

Garnish:

Paper thin lemon slices
Paresley sprigs
Fresh ground pepper to taste.

1.) In a small skillet over medium-high heat, heat the oil. Add onion and garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Do not let garlic turn brown. Remove from heat.
2.) In a blender or food processor, place the garlic onion mixture and the red roasted peppers. Puree until smooth.
3.) In a stock pot over high heat, bring the broth to a boil. Lower the heat to medium and add the roasted pepper puree. Stir until smooth. Add the tomato juice and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the pepper.
4.) To serve, pour soup into soup bowls. Place 2 slices of lemon(per bowl) in the center of the bowl. Top with parsley sprig. Grind more black pepper on top. Serve immediately.

note:
This soup looks and taste very festive. I use it for dinner parties and people besides saying its delicious they are impressed at never having seen it before....

[ March 09, 2006, 09:24 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]
Posted by: Searcher

Re: Roasted Red Pepper Soup - 03/10/06 08:00 AM

This sounds absolutely delicious! I have half a bottle of roasted red peppers in the fridge - so I'm makin' this tomorrow. And Plus, lemons? I'm a lemon lover! Can't wait. Thanks, Chatty.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Roasted Red Pepper Soup - 03/11/06 08:29 AM

I can't wait to try this. I'm a soup lover. Thanks so much, Chatty.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Roasted Red Pepper Soup - 03/14/06 03:59 AM

How was it searcher?
Posted by: Searcher

Re: Roasted Red Pepper Soup - 03/14/06 07:28 AM

Chatty, this was truly delicious. I made the 1/2 jar of peppers, but put another one my grocery list so I can make more to freeze. 'course I had to put some sour cream on top! Got a perfectly good low cal recipe, but I can't leave it alone....