1 tbsp. chopped garlic
1 (14.5 oz) can of, no salt added diced tomatoes, drained
1 (15 oz) can Garbonzo Beans, rinsed and drained
1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
Fresh grated Asiago (cheese optional)

Directions:

Prepare pasta according to package, rinse and drain
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Add onions and garlic; saute until onions are softened (about 3 minutes)
Stir in tomatoes, beans and pepper flakes. Bring to a sinmmer.
Stir in pasta and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted (about 2 minutes.)
Remove from heat and serve. Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Healthy Yet Delicious - 01/12/11 09:41 PM

This sounds yummy, Chatty, I'm going to tell my cook how to make it!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: Healthy Yet Delicious - 01/12/11 10:05 PM

Oooh, so many favorite flavors in that dish, Chatty! YUM!!!

Can't wait to try it. Though it will be a few days as I just came from the grocery store and didn't know to buy fresh spinach, garbanzo beans, and asiago cheese.

By the way, I bought a nice wedge of Asiago in November, to take to my daughter's house as part of my contribution for a potluck in honor of my brother's visiting from Texas. I was bringing hors d'oeuvres - cheese and crackers...

My daughter NEGLECTED (on purpose I am sure) to put out the Asiago, said we had enough choices without. Then when it was time to go home, she asked to keep it! I had bought it because I knew it had been a childhood fave of hers.

Clearly she decided to keep it to herself... LOL laugh
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Healthy Yet Delicious - 01/13/11 12:43 AM

That's funny Anne, you have quite the smart daughter it seems. This is a good recipe Yonuh, and all, on a cold nasty day. I know it has been cold, dreary, and nasty here in Vegas for weeks. These kind of warming recipes make one feel so much better especially served with a warm loaf of Italian garlic
bread....

Re: Healthy Yet Delicious - 01/13/11 12:49 AM

Hm, we're up into high 60s; low to mid 70s for the weekend. Want me to send you some sunshine?
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Healthy Yet Delicious - 01/13/11 07:21 PM

Thanks for sending the sunshine I found here today Yonuh when I woke up. WOW, seek and a boomer sister will make it happen. It is suppose to go up into the mid 60's as well today and all week. It has been unseasonably cold here and damp and dreary, so I am glad to see the sun...

Re: Healthy Yet Delicious - 01/13/11 07:58 PM

That's funny, Chatty. Wish I could take the credit for the weather, but I'm not that powerful - yet! LOL