Chocolate fix?

Posted by: Di

Chocolate fix? - 04/13/10 07:40 PM

What do you make for a "chocolate fix"?

Just today I made my all-time favorite chocolate fixin' that satisfies my yen. After looking at all the "high fructose corn syrup" out there, I'd rather KNOW what's in my chocolate.

It's actually a frosting recipe but I eat it out of the container...YUMMERS!
Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/13/10 08:19 PM

mmmmmmmMMMMMMMmmmmm. Di you sound like a lady after my own heart...chocolate frosting and a spoon....not much can beat that treat!!!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/13/10 10:20 PM

Anything chocolate is okay in my mouth, but it has to be ice cold. I keep all my chocolate treats in the freezer.
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/13/10 10:57 PM

Chocolate cherry chip soy ice cream with chocolate syrup and whipped cream!

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/13/10 11:41 PM

Oh....yonuh....that sounds DIVINE! Trader Joe's or other??
Posted by: yonuh

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/14/10 01:05 AM

TJ's. I can't eat regular ice cream; this one is just like Cherry Garcia, if you like that sort of thing.

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/14/10 02:15 AM

I can't eat ice cream either. We only do Caliches.com here locally. Ice cream is WAY too sweet for us anymore!

And yes, we get Chocolate Caliches, too!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/14/10 11:06 PM

I have two words for you...Or...reeO's. That's my drug of choice. Gimme a mouthful of Oreo's and I'm good to go. Okay, so maybe that's not two words. It is now.

Although, I will say that any coconut with chocolate on it is next in line. Yummy!
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/14/10 11:26 PM

Mini chocolate-peanut butter cups.

A big bag of milk-chocolate chips.

Anything Lindt (we keep those in the fridge)

Chocolate Easter Bunny ears...we buy them on sale after Easter, enough to keep us going for a loooonnnnngggg time.

I hope we didn't have to pick just one...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/15/10 11:32 AM

JJ, just yesterday I was craving some chocolate. I thought about running by the CVS where they sell a single sleeve of Oreo's. but restrained myself.

If not Oreo's, then Hershey's chocolate. That's my favorite chocolate in the world. I'm a cheap date.

And chatty, I don't liek mine frozen, but I can't stand it melted. We visit my FIL and he has lots of chocolate in his room. The only problem is that it's typically melted because they keep it so dang warm in there.

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/15/10 01:04 PM

Oh now. Oreos! Yep, LOVE 'em. Death by Oreo, when I NEED that fix...is placing about 6 Oreos into a glass...THEN pour in some milk...mush and wallah! An Oreo delight! But boy and boy you're DONE w/Oreos for a while. Blah!

And now the Cakesters....nice and soft and chewy. Easy to eat!

Years ago I learned that Hershey's has wax as an ingredient...reason why we still "taste" it after we eat it. So, I've warded of Hershey's Chocolate for about 10 years now. (wax is so bad for your system!) I do Godiva instead...MUCH healthier!
Posted by: orchid

Re: Chocolate fix? - 04/15/10 01:32 PM

My partner makes chocolate-soy mousse which he makes up with a raspberry-wine compote. Adds maple syrup to sweeten it.

There are 2 gourmet cafes run by pastry chefs who each make elegant little gourmet cake slices, very creative..and they do use real chocolate. This is German-Austrian-French style. Very elegant, complicated slices. With a quality dark coffee and milk, that is my idea of a 'treat'.

When I baked more stuff in the past beyond dessert focaccia, I made chocolate banana cookies (soft and keeps well for a few days) and a chocolate-orange brownie.

Occasionally I have a chocolate-zuchinni muffin made by yet another bakery. Usually near end of a bike ride.

I'll have a biscotti with a bit of chocolate.