Peachy Pick Me Up!

Posted by: chatty lady

Peachy Pick Me Up! - 06/21/08 07:51 PM

Last night while searching the kitchen for something sweet, but not candy, cold but not ice cream, I invented this tasty treat...

Peachy Pick Me Up...

2 fresh peaches, sliced
1 banana, sliced in pieces
1 cup low fat yogurt
3 nice big fresh strawberries
Cup of crushed ice, or 3 cubes
Tsp. sugar or packet of sweet & low, optional
Place the peaches, banana, strawberries and yogurt in a blender, add the ice and blend. Talk about good, cold and sweet without the guilt or calories...
Posted by: Anno

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 06/21/08 08:06 PM

Yummmmmmmy
Posted by: summersRain

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 06/22/08 03:00 AM

Wow. You reminded me that I have a couple of nectarines in danger of spoiling. I'm gonna go do 'em up in a smoothie. Yum!
Posted by: diamond50

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 06/22/08 08:07 AM

Sounds pretty good!
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 06/29/08 02:46 PM

sounds good! can anyone recommend a good (not to expensive) blender in which to make smoothies. Kohls sells a smoothie thingy, yet wonder if a regular one would would and handle the ice, too? or, how would buying crushed ice help? these would make great summer snacks/meals!

thanks gals

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/01/08 10:03 AM

Mustang, I keep a bag of crushed iced in my freezer because I love to eat ice. Any blender should handle crushing ice cubes with no trouble though...
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/01/08 11:04 AM

Chatty, do you make your own icecream? Or anyone else make the effort? Is it worth it ? The store bought icecream is so good, I wonder if there is a big difference?

If so, do you have an icecream machine?
And please share your favourite recipe!!!
Thanks, slurp, thanks, slurp!

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/01/08 06:45 PM

No Edelweiss, I actually have never tried to make my own ice cream. My grandmother use to make her own with fresh strawberries, or blueberries in it and it was so gooooood! I am too lazy for all that churning. I find so many wonderful tasting ice creams in the stores. I am a Ben & Jerry advocate...
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/04/08 10:03 PM

I just love Italien ice cream. Has that caught on in the States? The flavour is so intense. Italien ice cream stores are on every corner here.

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/05/08 09:22 AM

There are some here too but not as many as there. Not sure why. I'm told Miami has more than any other state here has!
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/05/08 01:40 PM

When farming had a big set back in UK many farmers families diversified.So we have "Mackie's Ice Cream straight from the farm" Also many farm shops with produce berries veg and home baking.One or two have resturants also.One in particular is our favourite.
The Italians in Scotland make really good ice cream.So good I cannot eat manufactured in factory ice cream.
As a teenagers we would have ices at the local cafe..play the juke box.The lady who was Italian loved us and would tell if she thought anyone had too much make up on.She had handsome sons.
Mountain ash
Posted by: Cookie

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/05/08 09:41 PM

I have made my own ice cream, EW. I have not made it for several years because it is just to temping to have around.

Growing up, we always would make ice cream at family gatherings. The adults would take turns churning the ice cream. It was simply delicious! Those were great times and memories.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/05/08 10:35 PM

I've only made it once and it was great fun, long work, but delish.

We have a local farm that is just building a barn to sell fresh ice cream. They're dairy farmers so my mouth is watering waiting for them to open. I hope they sell cheese too.

Re: Peachy Pick Me Up! - 07/06/08 07:22 PM

If you ever taste REAL CHEESE not that processed crap you will think you died and went to heaven. The closest to the really good cheese that can be purchased in the stores is Sargentos cheese. Good cheese is like ice cream in texture. I will never go back to store bought rubber cheese...