holding hands!

Posted by: Dotsie

holding hands! - 11/23/04 06:57 PM

I read this story in a sermon.

The story is told of a little child in an African tribe who wandered off into the tall jungle grass and got lost. The tribe searched all day. The next day all the tribal members held hands and walked through the tall grass together. They found the child, but she has did during the night. Her mother cried, "If only we had held hands sooner!"

Ladies, let's all hold hands together!
Posted by: Songbird

Re: holding hands! - 11/24/04 12:04 AM

Oh, let us not let any other child die due to our negligence to join hands and work together!

We are so much stronger when we join hands and work together!

Even stronger if we are united in Christ!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: holding hands! - 11/24/04 02:53 AM

AMEN TO THAT!!!
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: holding hands! - 11/24/04 05:07 PM

Dots, I love this image of holding hands. I have a sign on my desk that says "who will hold my hand when the big waves come?". After my dad died our friend Kate B. gave it to me and it reminded me of all the times when I was small that my dad would hold my hands to help me brave the ocean waves. In so many ways, the women at this site have held each other's hands through so many big waves. I am so thankful for you all.

Re: holding hands! - 11/24/04 06:18 PM

Kath, I think our relationships with our dad's are similar. I've thought this before when I've heard you speak of your dad. My dad also taught me to brave the ocean. "You never turn your back on the ocean, honey".
Posted by: smilinize

Re: holding hands! - 11/25/04 12:22 AM

Does anyone remember "Hands Across America" when people joined hands to form a line across the whole U.S.? I held hands in it, but I forget why. Does anyone remember how it started? I think it was in the eighties.
??
smile
Posted by: angelsmuse

Re: holding hands! - 11/25/04 12:27 AM

Amen ladies. When we hold hands we hold each others hearts. So let's hold each others hands if only in our minds and we will be stronger because of it.

Holding your hands and Your hearts,

Chris(angel) [Wink]

Re: holding hands! - 11/28/04 04:02 PM

smile, I remember that too and I think it was the eighties, but I can't recall why either.

Anyone remember? What was going on politically then? See, I told you I had a bad memory, but if someone jolts it...it will all come back. At least I hope!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: holding hands! - 11/29/04 03:52 AM

Isn't that the one where Michael Jackson and all those stars started it? Everyone held hands and they all sang on a record that became very popular. I believe it was for world hunger. Feed the people but am not sure either... [Confused]
Posted by: Kathryn

Re: holding hands! - 11/30/04 07:41 PM

I'm sorry but I'm snickering here....a bunch of menopausal women, trying to remember why we held hands across america in the 80s. I can barely remember 24 minutes ago, let alone 24 years. Why don't we remember....was it drugs and alcohol, was it being mothers to small children, or was it all the hairspray we needed to maintain 80s big hair!? I'm sorry again, I just had this image of all of us standing on a highway at some predetermined misty dawn moment and wondering if there would be enough people to make it across to the median strip let alone to california. Just let your minds go now and imagine the possibilities....
Posted by: smilinize

Re: holding hands! - 12/01/04 08:14 AM

Kathryn, Ixnay on the Ixnickersnay. Okay?

I am the one who asked that question and I personally am a sweet young thing with a perfect memory. Now if only I could find my keys.

Back to Hands across America, I remember it well. I took a car load of kids and a protesting husband to stand at an intersection somewhere in Texas and at some point we all held hands. They said people did it all across America. I have no idea how they handled the lakes and mountains and the folks in Hawaii, but...
Before the big event we went to a Mexican restaurant and I had a few margaritas. I got a little tipsy and got a bent up army bugle from the car and played "God Bless America". It was awful. My kids still hate me for it. But I had a blast.
I know why I had the margaritas and I know the margaritas led to the bugle. Now if only I could remember why I held hands. There must have been a reason. Maybe, like Chatty said, it was a song.'??
smile

Re: holding hands! - 11/30/04 09:45 PM

Smile, what a fun story! I love it. Were your kids teens at the time? Even better! [Big Grin]

I think chatty's might be right. [Wink]

Kath, I'm claiming being a mother to small children. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. [Wink]