You are beautiful!

Posted by: Dotsie

You are beautiful! - 04/02/05 12:58 AM

"O God, help me to believe the truth about myself no matter how beautiful
it is!"

Macrina Wiederkehr, A Grateful Heart

This one took me by surprise. I guess it shouldn't be hard for us to accept the truth, even if we are beautiful.

Thoughts?
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: You are beautiful! - 04/02/05 06:34 AM

I learned at my church (Unity School of Christianity) that in Japan, when someone gives someone else a compliment, the receiver says, "It is true. Thank you very much." To not do so is considered rude. I don't know the context of your quote here, Dotsie, but my guess is that "beautiful" includes inner beauty. Love and Light, Lynn
Posted by: Songbird

Re: You are beautiful! - 04/08/05 05:43 PM

[Smile] We are all beautiful! Yes! We are beautiful! Unsure?
God made us special and BEAUTIFUL! And we are precious to HIM!

We need to learn to love ourselves in order to be able to love others...

[Confused] How else are we supposed to "Love your neighbor as you love yourself"-Matthew 22:39 [Confused] ?
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: You are beautiful! - 04/08/05 08:56 PM

Song, this is why there is so much hatered in the world. People don't love themselves so how can they love others. God is love! Accepting His love for us allows us to love more deeply.
Posted by: smilinize

Re: You are beautiful! - 04/09/05 03:20 AM

A preacher once told us to 'reprimand ourselves when we begin self criticism with what God would say, "Hey, you're criticizing my child. Stop it!"
Works for me. (Most of the time)
smile
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: You are beautiful! - 04/09/05 03:40 AM

Thanks for that one, Smile. I'm always looking for neat catch phrases to throw at myself...I'm going to enjoy getting hit by this one!