Audience of One

Posted by: Dotsie

Audience of One - 06/10/05 06:06 PM

This isn't a Bible verse, but it is related.

The audience of one is a new term for me. I love it so much I wanted to share it.

This was mentioned in a sermon I heard recently and it really hit home.

All we need to concern ourselves with is our audience of one. One being God. No matter what we say, think, or do...the only one we need to entertain is God. We don't need to worry about what anyone else in the world thinks. Our spouses, children, parents, other family members, neighbors, etc. shouldn't matter. If it's right with God, it will be right with them. I feel liberated when I have the presence of mind to live like this.

What do you think?
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Audience of One - 06/10/05 06:17 PM

Deep down, I agree wholeheartedly, Dotsie. It really ties in with "Seek ye first the kingdom and all things will be added", which seems to be what God has been trying to drill into my head for months now.

Unfortunately, I've learned from experience not to mention this to hubby...as supportive as he is of my faith and every other aspect of my being, deep down, male ego and all, he really wants to be my number one. So he is, but so is God. I know that sounds paradoxical, but I know that God knows that hubby couldn't be "number one" in my heart unless God was number one there first. Does that make sense?
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Audience of One - 06/10/05 09:39 PM

Hello! I wrote a devotional about a year ago called "An Audience of One." I'll put the link to it.

http://devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com/2004/07/audience-of-one.html

Donna
Posted by: Evie

Re: Audience of One - 06/11/05 07:16 AM

audience of One........I need to remember that.

Thanks for the link to the devo, Donna - very nice.
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: Audience of One - 06/12/05 10:42 PM

You're right, Dots...if we can put our heads on the pillow each night, knowing we've done our best before God and knowing we've put things right with God...an audience of one is all that truly matters. He has our best interest at heart when we put Him first.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Audience of One - 06/12/05 11:47 PM

Donna, so is audience of One a term that's been around and I've missed it?

Lovely blog. When are you coming out with a daily devotional? I will be one of your first customers.
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Audience of One - 06/14/05 11:35 PM

[Smile] Dots! I know I read Donna's blog a while ago. Wether it is new or old, I certainly agree that what matters is what God thinks of our lives.

[Cool] I'm also certain that we should live in a way that brings glory to His name.

[Razz] For me the phrase "Audience of One" hits home, because I always say to myself and others that what others think doesn't make me loose any sleep, as long as I am pleasing my Lord.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Audience of One - 01/03/06 08:02 AM

Hi, Dotsie! I just saw this and your inquiry about my devos. I'm working on a couple of proposals, and hope to get them to some publishers ASAP. You know better than most what an ordeal that can be! [Big Grin] So I desire your prayers for direction from God, and the wisdom to pursue acceptance from a publisher. Thanks for asking. You keep me motivated. [Smile]