Splashed out love...

Posted by: jabber

Splashed out love... - 03/24/09 01:03 PM

I came across this scripture last night. It's one of
my favorites. I will paraphrase. Ephesians 3:14-21

"When I think of the wisdom and scope of His plan I fall down on my knees. Out of His glorious, unlimited resources He will give you the mighty inner strengthing
of His Holy Spirit. I pray Christ will be more and more at home in your hearts, living within you as you trust in
Him. May your roots go down deep into the soil of God's marvelous love; May you be able to feel how wide, deep, and high His love really is! And so at last you will be
filled up with God Himself. Glory be to God who by His
mighty power at work within us is able to do far more than we would ever dare to ask or dream-infinitely beyond our highest prayers, desires, thoughts, or hopes."
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Splashed out love... - 03/24/09 10:04 PM

What a glorious passage, Jabber. So full of life and mercy and abundant joy! Whenever I read this, it makes me throw back my head and fling out my arms in joy, drinking in every word and every "spash of that love" as you so aptly put it in your title (Splashing out love - I love that!)
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Splashed out love... - 03/24/09 10:30 PM

Wonderful and powerful Jabber.

Re: Splashed out love... - 03/26/09 02:54 PM

Here's another goodie! 1 Corinthians 2:9 "No eye has seen,
no ear has heard, and no heart has imagined what wonderful things
God has ready for those who love the Lord!" Aha?

Re: Splashed out love... - 03/27/09 02:21 PM

I still like the [lean not on your own understanding] scripture.
For so long now, I've argued with God about certain things.
After focusing on those words, I've stop that.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Splashed out love... - 03/27/09 02:27 PM

Okay, this is amazing that this passage is in here. I'm doing a one week retreat and meeting with a spiritual advisor twice within the week. My prayer and focus is to go deeper with God so I have a heightened awareness of Him throughout my days. How neat to see this passage today. Thanks jabber.

All good ones jabber. I love scrpiture that encourages. IT's so uplifting.

Bless you for sharing.

Eagle, I also love the splashing out love. Sounds like a book title.

Re: Splashed out love... - 03/28/09 01:41 PM

If not for God and His love, I don't think I could keep, keeping on. I'm clinging to prayer, the Bible, and faith! And I'm so
glad some of you understand and accept where I'm coming from.
Blessings,

Re: Splashed out love... - 03/29/09 01:59 PM

Dotsie,
Good luck with that retreat. To go deeper with God and have a
heightened awareness of His presence is an awesome goal. Just imagine what a fantastic world this would be if everybody focused on such a pursuit!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Splashed out love... - 03/29/09 11:47 PM

The last day is Tuesday. I'm going to post about it late in the week. I've thought about celtic and poppie so much because I'm learning a lot about the celtic traditions of spirituality. It's truly something to strive for.