Ten Thoughts on Whole Living

Posted by: Dotsie

Ten Thoughts on Whole Living - 09/26/08 05:11 PM

This is something I came across in the Whole Living: Body and Soul magazine It is written by Terri Trespicio.

Don't rush. Savor this ripest, sweetest season.

Discover peace by observing the world around you. Take time to drink it all in.

Learn from your setbacks and they will open the door to new opportunities.

Be earth friendly by traveling lightly when you travel.

Surprise yourself. Engage in spontaneous act.

If you listen to your body, you'll feed it well and take the guilt our of eating.

When you push the voundaries of your strength, you tap into the body's ture power.

The most memorable moments in life are often unplanned.

Eat close to the source. The healthiest food doesn't come in a wrapper.

To-do lists have their uses, but don't let them eclipse the serendipity in your life.

By Terri Trespicio

Do any of these speak to you?

The last one about to-do lists spoke to me. I need to lighten up and try living without one every now and then, but I feel as though there is always something to do for others, home and/or work. I might try doing without a list this weekend, but with that thought, I'm already compiling one in my head.
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Ten Thoughts on Whole Living - 09/27/08 02:22 AM

I had 35 items written on my do-to list this week. 22 down and 13 to go. Whatever doesn't get get by tonight will be pushed back to next week. Some of the chores are several hours each, some fairly quick.

I think my life has more serendipity because I'm getting these things done.

Uh-oh, I just added another item...
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Ten Thoughts on Whole Living - 09/27/08 12:12 PM

Meredith, great point. "I think my life has more serendipity becasue I'm getting things done." I like the way you think.

I didn't make a list for this weekend and it doesn't feel right. I'm afraid I'm going to miss something, so I'm bagging this idea and making a list. This is causing me anxiety. I'd rather have my list and charge ahead. Thanks for your thoughts.

Thirty-five items? Holy Moly! What are you trying to do?
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: Ten Thoughts on Whole Living - 09/27/08 01:59 PM

If I don't have a list, I'm so distracted with the nagging thought that I'm forgetting something, that my day is fraught with anxiety and I always feel somewhat agitated. So even if there are only 2-3 things on the list and I don't even ever look at it again, I always have to tuck one into my purse or back pocket. Then I'm able to go peaceful (serendipitously?) through my day.

I think that's part of wisdom, knowing oneself enough to know one's limits and foibles (as well as strengths and gifts). Knowing that tucking a simple list into my purse gives me the freedom to enjoy the day, why fight it? Half the time I never even look at it, but for whatever strange reason, it frees me just by having it there.

But then, I've never had 35 things on my list... confused

Quote:
Be earth friendly by traveling lightly when you travel.

And I'm having a hard time with this one. We're heading out soon for a month in Europe...although I've tried to pack as lightly as possible, my suitcase (and part of hubby's too) is way too full! (There are good reasons for bringing several pairs of shoes, really there are!)