A single elderly woman's last wish

Posted by: Songbird

A single elderly woman's last wish - 02/21/06 07:44 PM

[Frown] An elderly woman died last month. Having never married, she requested no male pallbearers.
In her handwritten instructions for her memorial
service, she wrote, "They wouldn't take me out while I was alive, I don't want
them to take me out when I'm dead”.
[Confused] I wonder if her wish came true or not [Wink] .
Posted by: ladybug

Re: A single elderly woman's last wish - 02/21/06 07:52 PM

I'd say this was a very wise woman in her life time. I do hope her wish was carried out, (no pun intended).
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: A single elderly woman's last wish - 02/22/06 08:10 AM

Every one should have their last wish....hope her family saw to her wish.
Sounds like she was lonely for male companionship. Sad... [Frown]
Posted by: Daisygirl

Re: A single elderly woman's last wish - 02/21/06 10:44 PM

Most of us single women do long for male companionship, but we're not willing to settle on weirdos and sociopaths. However, there are men in my life that I love, such as my son and brother-in-law. Gee, only 2? How many pall-bearers do I need?

Daisygirl
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: A single elderly woman's last wish - 02/22/06 04:13 AM

I want to be creamated so I suppose thats two men or hefty women with a match... [Big Grin] [Confused]
Posted by: chickadee

Re: A single elderly woman's last wish - 02/22/06 06:53 PM

I'm curious Chatty. Why two? I am being cremated also. My other half and I have an agreement...whoever goes first gets to lug the other around until the other goes. Hmmm...it sounded real romantic when we discussed it a few years ago. My only hope is that IF he goes first, AND my memory [Confused] doesn't get any worse, we'll end up in a little plot in Tennessee. [Confused] Maybe I need to include, "I can't promise ya anything, Honey," to the agreement. [Eek!]
chick
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: A single elderly woman's last wish - 02/23/06 12:43 AM

chatty, I'm guffawing at your comment. Your hysterical.

My 92 year-old aunt died this summer. I was so touched to see her granddaughter and great-granddaughter as pallbearers.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: A single elderly woman's last wish - 02/24/06 05:07 AM

Chickadee I suppose one carrier would suffice but my being a bigger woman, it might take a bigger box of remains needing to be carried...Not being disrespectful just being silly which is my normal persona....My sister was creamated and I carried the urn myself....

[ February 23, 2006, 09:08 PM: Message edited by: chatty lady ]