I am not amused!!!

Posted by: KAY B

I am not amused!!! - 11/06/05 06:06 AM

I was in the supermarket the other day...& a man came up to me. He asked if I was his neighbor. I thought he looked familure & asked if he lived on my street.
He went " I thought that was you! How are the kids? Didn't you just have a baby?"
HE THOUGHT I WAS MY NEIGHBOR!!!! [Razz]
The annoying neighbor that FINALLY moved about 3 weeks ago!!!
Everyone seems to find it sooooo amusing!!!! [Embarrassed]
Posted by: karenelaine1977

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/06/05 09:51 AM

Oh, poor thing! I wouldn't be amused, either. You should've turned it right back on him, girl!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/07/05 02:55 AM

What am I missing here?Was he being sincere or is there a private joke I'm not seeing???

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/07/05 04:11 AM

The guy really thought I was my neighbor!!!
We tolerated 7 or so years of those annoying people!!! And they finally moved....and another neighbor mixed me up with them!!!
And now everyone thinks it's hysterical because they knew of my "love" for my neighbors!! [Embarrassed]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 03:00 AM

Ouch, ouch and ouch!

I'm sure my reply to him would've been much less polite.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 05:53 AM

I hate to ONE UP ya honey, but I was with my best friend one time at the hospital because her daughter was in labor delivering my friend's first grandchild. Well, while we paced back and forth outside the delivery doors, one of the nurses hit the automatic doors and started walking out of the area. She was about 8 feet or so away from us. NOT FAR. She pointed at me and said, "Come on."

Me and my friend looked at each other in puzzlement, then back to the nurse who pointed her finger at me (remember now, she's walking towards me the whole time) and said, "come on honey!" She seemed exasperated. I said, "You talking to me?"!!! She said, "well...ye-ahh. Aren't you here for the caesarean?"

My girlfriend laid down right then and there on the floor and started laughing uncontrollably...

Bad thing was my girlfriend and I worked together and yep...the next day every single person in our building had heard the story.

Doesn't do much for your self esteem. I threw the top I had on away, needless to say...geeish.

JJ
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 06:03 AM

Forgive me dear JJ, but...ROFL!!!!!

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 06:19 AM

Oh sure...its funny NOW... problem is that is when I WAS slim. hahahahah... If I went in there now, they would probably strap me to a table and start operating...eeek!

JJ

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 06:34 AM

Well you ARE the Queen of Experiences and that IS an experience!! [Wink]
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 07:15 AM

But just think of all the free jello you missed out on!

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 07:21 AM

Ahhh... let me see...hm...

Free Jell-O - give birth.

Buy Jell-O - don't give birth...

Sorry, I'll buy Jell-O

JJ [Wink]

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 07:45 AM

Wise choice.

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 11:46 PM

I'd have to see how far jello can fly thru the air.....not a big jello fan!!! [Smile]

which reminds me...I told my grandmother I'd make her some today........ [Embarrassed] Opps!!!
Posted by: Danita

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/08/05 11:54 PM

I can't make jello to save my life. Sad, very sad.

d.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/09/05 02:23 AM

JJ, you've done it again. I'm laughing until tears are forming. Stop it girl!
Posted by: mellodysmiles

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/09/05 07:18 AM

JJ, one would have to look far and wide to top (no pun intended) that one. Also ROFL [Big Grin]
Posted by: Searcher

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/10/05 06:24 AM

I see some of you are Jello-impaired. This is truly a pitiful way to try to gain your independence in this world. I believe there is a group - Jello Answers Anonymous. Please join. My sister joined in 19 72 when she made one of those really elaborate jello desserts for Christmas. When (with great celebration at her culinary prowess)

she went to umold it in it's handy-dandy plastic , no-fail fancy jello mold; she had forgotten to secure the bottom. With all family present at the big Christmas event, the green and red, fruit filled, whipped cream endowed, lively flavored delicacy came PLOP to the floor, where it jiggled for at least 5 minutes before coming to a halt - then spread s-l-o-w-l-y across the kitchen. All women stood in horror, gasping as quietly as could be done - whispering to one another so as not to send Jackie into shock - my mother gently led her away...........
The very next week Jackie was heard saying " My name is Jackie, and I have a problem..."To which all replied "Welcome, Jackie.................." But today she is healed, leading a very happy and fulfulling life and making jello twice a week. There is hope for one and all. (If not, call me and I'll teach you how to pour hot water).

(Geez, I really am sick - that took me 10 minutes) O save me Mother!

But I just wanted to tell you that on the national news tonight I just heard us Boomer people called "giezer rockers" Ha Ha Ha HA Ha HA , LOL, LOL, LOL and LOFP (is that right?, I'm too lazy to back and check) on no, it's ROFL, and RoFLPMP. OMG are we really in the GEIZER dictionary?

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/10/05 06:33 AM

Ps

Sometimes I just crack myself up.
Posted by: TVC15

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/10/05 06:35 AM

LOL (about the jello)
As far as being a geizer, now that is just not funny at all.
Who called us that, let me at 'em!

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/10/05 06:42 AM

PPs JJ,

write us the dictionary look - up for Boomer "Giezer rocker".... (talking about cracking up ladies, this should be a good one). If "Queenie" will take the bait.

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/10/05 06:47 AM

Yeah, it's geizer, not giezer. what happened to i before e, except after c?

I watch both ABC and NBC at dinner time so I can't remember which one - I'm thinking NBC. I'll go with you....
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/11/05 01:44 PM

GEEZER -- ain't no i's in GEEZER, as in "I ain't no jello-frippin' GEEZER."

BTW, did I hear someone say "jello impaired?" [Razz] [Razz] Searcher, you really know how to hurt a gal. Just for that, I'm mailing my 20-year-old packet of jello to Jello Answers Anonymous, and see if they can do anything with it.

Probably no more difficult than raising the dead. [Roll Eyes]

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/11/05 05:06 PM

I'm thinking who-ever get's searchers name KNOWS what to send her for Christmas!!!!!!!

The jello is ON searcher!!!!!

(very funny story btw).

d.
Posted by: chickadee

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/11/05 06:26 PM

Meredith, does your jello still have the "flavour bud?" You can sell that!

BTW, I think Geezer refers to the male species. [Cool]
chick

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/11/05 07:39 PM

Meredith-

YEAH - that looks right now! GEEZER. NO i at all. Lordy, Lordy.

Now I'll just go see how much room I have in the pantry. And didn't Mom have an old recipe book for Jello?

Chick - of course! They never meant us at all!!!
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/12/05 08:38 AM

Yes, there was a Jello recipe book. I think I may have had one years ago. Probably got it at the dollar store.

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/12/05 02:57 AM

Dotsieeeeeee

No dollar stores in 1906!!
Posted by: travelchick

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/12/05 03:54 AM

What a great way to end a Friday before a week out of my office! You ladies have me rolling on the floor and wiping tears from my eyes--Geezer is a guy term, and I'm pretty sure I ain't no guy, so no geezer for me thank you. Although that jello sounds pretty tasty--as long as it has whipped cream to go with it!

Have a great week you all, and thanks for the laughs!

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/12/05 04:15 AM

Have a great trip Melody!

Be safe!

danita

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/12/05 04:52 AM

Who or what is BTW???? Bumfuzzled again. Or STIll?

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/12/05 05:03 AM

It means "by the way". When I first came here, I didn't know any of the chat abbreviations. But I found this site, it helped. I keep it bookmarked in my Favourites so I can reference it whenever some new acronym comes up.

http://searchwebservices.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid26_gci211776,00.html

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/12/05 05:29 AM

Thanks, Eagle

I just did too. Hate to be acronym impaired!!!

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/12/05 06:52 AM

Hmmm, better than being jello-impaired...
Posted by: chickadee

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/13/05 08:26 AM

BTW = By the Way...By the way [Wink]

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/13/05 08:54 AM

YOU cutie, Chick.
Posted by: yepthatsme2

Re: I am not amused!!! - 11/17/05 03:26 AM

Well...shut his mouth and send him back to the operating room.
Bet, he never does that again!

Too funny. [Big Grin]