"Perfect" Hair?

Posted by: Sandy N.

"Perfect" Hair? - 07/20/14 06:20 AM

Some of you might get a laugh out of my short, short piece on Boomer Cafe. It's about changing our hairstyles.
Here's the link: Perfect Hair?
Posted by: jabber

Re: "Perfect" Hair? - 07/20/14 01:05 PM

Enjoyed the "Perfect Hair" piece, lol...! Fun read!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: "Perfect" Hair? - 07/21/14 07:37 PM

My hair's a bit like yours, Sandy! Mine is fine and thin but with a tiny bit of a wave to it. No one has ever suggested that my hair was "perfect," so you've got me beat there...

Sometimes I look at women on TV and find it hard to pay attention to their message, since I'm too busy marveling over the density of their hair.

Just did that with Maria Shriver this morning. Not sure what her message was, but she sure has great thick hair!

So thanks for sharing your story!
Posted by: yonuh

Re: "Perfect" Hair? - 07/22/14 03:55 PM

I would go nuts if I had the same hairstyle all the time, but that's just me. My hair is - was - fine, thin, and wavy. Since it's growing back in it's much thicker and still short enough to be curly instead of wavy. And it's all grey and white. I would say it's now a little more than an inch long. Almost long enough for some wild color!
Posted by: Anne HolmesAdministrator

Re: "Perfect" Hair? - 07/22/14 05:56 PM

What wild color are you thinking of, Yonuh? We have a woman here in town -- fairly well-known because she co-owns a highly successful software company, AND fully owns a bar called "Miss Kitty's Grape Escape."

(Apparently she bought the bar because it washer favorite in-town watering hole, and she found out the owner planned to close it. Thus, to keep it open, she bought it! And became highly visible as the friendly blonde bar-keep.)

Anyway, Miss Kitty made quite a name for herself when she started up the bar, by sporting pink hair!

So what are you thinking? A strong royal purple? A streak of deep blue?

I can't wait to hear...
Posted by: yonuh

Re: "Perfect" Hair? - 07/25/14 01:36 AM

I have to put that on hold, Anne, as my chemo regimen will change and my hair will be gone again for a while. But I love purple, and red, and blue, and pink, and...