Tired Dawg

Posted by: Anonymous

Tired Dawg - 01/04/08 01:12 PM

An old, tired-looking dog wandered into the yard. I could tell from his collar and well-fed belly that he had a home.

He followed me into the house, down the hall, and fell asleep in a corner.

An hour later, he went to the door, and I let him out.

The next day he was back, resumed his position in the hall, and slept for an hour. This continued for several weeks.

Curious, I pinned a note to his collar:
"Every afternoon your dog comes to my house for a nap."

The next day he arrived with a different note pinned to his collar:

"He lives in a home with ten children -- he's trying to catch up on his sleep. Can I come with him tomorrow?"
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Tired Dawg - 01/04/08 01:18 PM

love it!
Posted by: Anno

Re: Tired Dawg - 01/04/08 05:27 PM

LOL. Thanks, Mustang
Posted by: Mountain Ash

Re: Tired Dawg - 01/04/08 06:08 PM

True story Mustang.
The farmer got a new working dog.Old Candy and the new one had a fight .We all heard it.Sunday afternoon .Candy was OUT. she stayed with a neighbour but followed me home whenI met my little son from school.She waited until her new man came home from work. she heard his motor bike and went on her way.We made a lot of the old dog.She stayed longer.We took her to the hills down to the sand and shore but she lived between me and the neighbour.Last thing was that she lay for several days at the end of her life with my neighbour.Tired outWe had between us kept her for five years. BUT she was seen walking up the village to my door.
She died that night but not without one last visit.She was 17 smelly and fat...I loved her.
Mountain ash.
Posted by: Anonymous

Re: Tired Dawg - 01/05/08 03:39 AM

Mountain Ash, lovely story! I find it amazing how animals choose us, rather than we choose them!