February-March Writing Contest

Posted by: jawjaw

February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 02:08 AM

Ladies,
It is with great pleasure to announce that Meredith Karen Laskow's essay, The Book That Cradles Hearts, was chosen as the winner of the February-March Boomer Women Speak Writing Contest.

Congratulations Meredith!

Her story has been posted at BWS in the " OUR VOICES " section so please stop by the site and read Meredith's personal account. You lives will be enriched by her words, your souls stirred.

In addition to Meredith's first place, we are proud to announce that Katrina Norfleet's essay, Dream Girl, received an Honorable Mention and will be placed in the Our Voices section as well.

Again, Congratulations to Meredith and Katrina!

The April-May Contest has been posted on the Boomer Women Speak web site and I encourage each of you to visit the link above and read all about it. Its going to be fun!
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 03:03 AM

Am I the first one here???

You could hear my war whoop halfway down the block when I opened my email. Hallelujah and pass the chocolate!

I'm still floating...
Posted by: Jane_Carroll

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 03:50 AM

Woooo Hoooo! Go Meredith and Katrina!!!!!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 04:50 AM

Meredith, Congratulations! It was a pleasure reading your winning entry. I am having a piece of chocolate to celebrate right along with you.

Katrina, Congratulations on your entry. I enjoyed reading yours as well. That's 2 pieces of chocolate I can have now.

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 05:13 AM

And Katrina, congrats on your honorable mention.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 01:36 PM

Congrats to both of you talented ladies. I'm on my way to read your words now.
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 02:12 PM

Great job ladies!
Posted by: TVC15

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 04:41 PM

Big Congratulations to both Meredith and Katrina!

I'll be back to read the stories later. I'm supposed to be packing but instead, I'm here! It will give me something to look forward to!
Posted by: AuthenticallyMe

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 06:14 PM

Congrats to you Meredith! I was moved and officially soul-stirred by your winning essay!

Katrina
Posted by: Eagle Heart

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 06:29 PM

Congratulations, Meredith. Your poems are so beautiful. I recently came across the poems you sent to my brother and they made me weep, for your pain, for his pain, for the joy of your transcendence, for the bittersweet joy of Gary's Transcendence...it's right and good that you use your voice to speak inspiration and comfort - you're a blessing to all of us touched by cancer. Thank you. And I'm totally in on that piece (2 pieces?) of chocolate to celebrate too!
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 07:56 PM

OH boy Meredith, will check it out right away. Congratulations!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 08:29 PM

Hey ALL! Katrina sneaked in on us! Yuhoooo... Katrina!!!

Welcome to the forums. I'm happy to see that you've joined us and I hope you stick around and take some bows!

Welcome my friend, JJ
Posted by: chickadee

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 09:34 PM

Yes Katrina, I hope you will hang out and tell us a little more about yourself. I really like your name Authenticallyme.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/13/07 09:39 PM

Meredith, I was so touched by your story. Having lilved through cancer with Mom and sis really caused me to be sucked right into your stoy. It's soul-touching.

Katrinka, welcome to the neighborhood hon! We also loved your story so much that we had to give you an honorable mention, which we don't always do. I hope you both will enter the next contest...and the rest of you too.

Meredith, your package is all together. It will get mailed in the morning.

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/14/07 01:51 AM

You're welcome! To all you great ladies

I sent the story link to a bunch of my friends, so who knows? -- maybe a few of them might join BWS
Posted by: Dee

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/14/07 04:53 AM

Meridith and Katrina...I'm so proud of you both. So well deserved and I can't wait to read more of your writings. God Bless

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/14/07 02:38 PM

Meredith, that's wonderful. Thanks so much. I apways appreciate it when women share this site. It means so much to me. Anyone else feel like sharing?
Posted by: smilinize

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/14/07 09:45 PM

Congratulations Meredith and Katrina.

I've not read Katrina's work, but Meredith is an artist with words and I bet Katrina is also extremely talented. Can't wait to read both.

Meredith and Katrina, you ROCK!!

smile
Posted by: Saundra

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/15/07 01:53 AM

I'm so proud of you Meredith. You're really strutting your stuff! Congratulations, Katrina. Good job.

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/16/07 02:55 PM

smile, I'm psyched to work my way around the fourms and see what else you have to say. I've missed you.

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/21/07 05:36 PM

I used my prize money from this contest to join the California Writers Club, which sponsors my Thursday critique group.

I owe a lot of the improvement in my writing to these fine folk, so now I'm paying it back

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/22/07 10:52 PM

Meredith, thanks for telling us how you spent the money. That's awesome. I'm so glad you were able to put it to good use.

Any boomers in there that might want to join the NABBW? Please spread the word.

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/22/07 10:53 PM

Oh, and tell them about the next writing contest.
Posted by: Elsielc

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/23/07 03:30 PM

Congratulations Meredith! You speak for all of us who have gone thru a life-threatening/changing event. My life is richer for knowing you - and better because of your exercise class!!

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/24/07 05:11 AM

Thanks Elsie! Long time no see in the forums

Hey, ya wanna come over to my house and help me figure out how to attach the digital camera to my computer, so I can download a bunch of pics that probably didn't come out anyhow? All the available slots are the wrong size. Maybe I need to disconnect something? Buy another computer? Just a thought...

Re: February-March Writing Contest - 04/24/07 09:15 AM

elsielc, thanks for popping back in to read Meredith's story. Hope you are doing well.