BWS Writing Contest

Posted by: Dotsie

BWS Writing Contest - 07/06/06 06:10 PM

Writing contest:

www.BoomerWomenSpeak.com, the number one site on all search engines for "baby boomer women" is looking for your favorite summer memory from the 60s or 70s. Take us back. We want to reminisce. Submissions should be made to Georgia@BoomerWomenSpeak.com no later than August 1, 2006. The winning author will receive three books, a Friends Heal Friends t-shirt, a $25.00 gift certificate to Barnes and Noble, and inclusion in the Our Voices section at this link, http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/stories.htm

The three books that will be given away are:

Baby Boomer's Almanac, by Tim Brolus
Writing Home, by Cindy LaFerle
For My Next Act, by Karen Baar

Now go sharpen your keyboards and pencils....and may the best "over the age of 18" story/writer win. Notice how cleverly I inserted the age thingy? Am I a brain or what? Hey, I heard that....

JJ
Posted by: 49erDonna

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 07/10/06 02:14 AM

I've started writing mine... what fun!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 07/10/06 02:29 AM

Good for you Donna! Ladies, please make sure you send me your entries at georgia@boomerwomenspeak.com and put either BWS Writing Contest in the subject line, or My favorite summer memory from the 60s or 70s.

Good luck!

JJ
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 07/17/06 09:00 PM

I have mine almost completed, hows the competition? Lots of entries coming in?
Posted by: Edelweiss

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 07/19/06 02:13 PM

I tried to find out the word limit. Is there one? Please let me know.

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 07/19/06 07:57 PM

No limit.

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 07/20/06 12:30 PM

Thanks Dotsie. I'm having fun writing my short story too. Great idea !

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 07/21/06 01:55 PM

Great! Be sure to make the deadline.

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 07/31/06 11:28 PM

Ladies,
The winner of the Favorite Summer Memory from the 60s or 70s has been selected. It is ...

The Dimpled Fin by Angelika Schwarz (Hannelore).

This story will be posted on the BWS homepage in a few days. I must say that ALL entries were excellent reads and made choosing just one a very difficult task.

Congratulations to you, Hannelore! Would you be so kind as to mail me your home address so that your prize can be mailed?

Also, watch for a new contest to be posted tomorrow (I hope!)

JJ
Posted by: chickadee

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 08/01/06 01:49 AM

Congratulations Hannelore. I can't wait to read it. I was coming here to get the mailing addy to send mine. Why did I think Aug 1 was the deadline? Oh well, maybe next time. Brain dead, I am!

chick
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 08/01/06 06:51 AM

chickadee, the rules DID say August 1! Not that I was submitting anything in the next 14 minutes

Hannelore, congratulations! I'm eager to read your prize winning entry

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 08/01/06 09:24 AM

Thanks JJ, Meredith and Chickadee. Wow, I'm so delighted. This is my very first contest that I've ever won !

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 08/01/06 12:23 PM

Girls, the deadline WAS August 1. We read and judged them yesterday to post the winner by August 1, today. I guess I assumed (NOT BLAMING DOTSIE!) that all the entries were in since the deadline was less than 24 hours. THAT WAS MY MISTAKE, NOT DOTSIE's. Please do not be upset with HER. Get me, I'm the culprit.

JJ

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 08/01/06 03:04 PM

Yeah, it did say August 1st. We jumped the gun. Someone submitted this morning so I simply asked if she would like it to be considered for the OUR VOICES section at BWS? Sorry about that gals. We are just so on the ball. We were a day ahead of ourselves. It won't happen again!
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 08/01/06 06:49 PM

This will teach us not to procrastinate!
Posted by: chickadee

Re: BWS Writing Contest - 08/01/06 08:09 PM

No problem here Dotsie and JJ. It got me writing again. Everything happens for a reason. I can't wait to read Hannalore's winning story.Isn't it thrilling to win Hannelore? I am so happy for you. I should write a story about procrastination...maybe later.
luv
chick