Let me introduce Myself....

Posted by: AvalonBlondi

Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 05:52 AM

Hi Ladies...I just read about this website this afternoon in AARP Magazine...I am so happy to have the opportunity to connect with some Sister Boomers from all parts of the globe..(?) or is this just in the USA? No Matter really...I just want to hear what you all have to say about this time in our lives...

I am a stay at home Mom of 4 wonderful children..
However the baby has just turned 21 and so I am starting to feel the "Empty nest" closing in around me...I am hoping I can learn from all of you how to cope with this and move gracefully into the next phase of my life....

In any case , I am so happy there is a place like this online...I look forward to making new friends in this forum.... [Smile]
Posted by: Bluebird

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 05:57 AM

Welcome Avalon, good to have you here! we have women on here from Russia, Italy, Singapore and Canada, as well as the US.
I think there is a whole section about empty nest syndrome...wander around!
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 05:59 AM

AvalonBlondi
WELCOME BOOMER FRIEND! We are so happy you've found us and hope you will make this your home away from home.

The empty nest syndrom is a real thing and so many of us are experiencing it now. You couldn't have found a better place. If I'm not mistaken, there a topic already started on it. You might try looking under the GENERAL forum section, then click on the WELCOME section. Or better yet, go here: http://www.boomerwomenspeak.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=18;t=000238#000000
hope this helps!

JJ
Posted by: Searcher

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 06:23 AM

Let me add my name to Welcome Avalon

And what a pretty name you are using! (But don't believe one thing JawJaw says, because she THINKS she's a queen!!!){However, secretly, in my opinion, she really is - but shhhhh, don't tell 'er I said so}....

Anyhow, you'll find solace here, lot's of entertainment, and a way to express your thoughts..Yea Dotsie

Searcher

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 06:25 AM

Thanks for saying "Hi" Bluebird and jawjaw...sorry about posting this message under the wrong topic...I'll get the hang of this forum thing any minute now...can I cancel a topic once it's been posted if I mess up like I just did?
Because I wrote another one when I found the Welcome section... [Confused]

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 06:31 AM

I don't think it's a problem, Avalon.

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 06:38 AM

Oh honey...don't give it another thought. Just post where ever you want, answer where ever you feel like answering, and throw caution to the wind... We don't spellcheck either.

We don't have rules here, although some would say we do. The only thing we ask is that you treat everyone as you want to be treated... zats it!

One thing I'll mention right up front and that is that not EVERY post gets an answer for one reason or another. So if you post something and it seems no one answers it, don't fret. It could be a bazillion reasons why... kids are screaming, hubby screaming, dinner's burning (that would be me) or maybe no one can't think of anything to say...

Just be yourself, and have fun.

JJ

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 06:40 AM

p.s. And yes, I AM da Queen...

am too.

am too.

and anybody that doesn't agree with me will be cleaning da moats for a month. And no village plundering privilges either! Am I right SMILES?

JJ
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 06:55 AM

Right queenie. Sure.

smile

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 06:57 AM

You Girls are funny....I like it here already... [Big Grin]

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 07:01 AM

We DO manage to have fun AvalonB... that we do!

Glad you like it here. JJ
[Cool]
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 07:10 AM

Hmmm, I wonder how one can be in two places at the same time, such as west chester pa and avalon nj. Blondie, care to explain your double life?

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 07:25 AM

Hi Lynnie,
I applaud your mission to confront Violence and promote peace...it's a very impressive and worthwhile vocation...this world needs involved women lke you...

As to my double life...I live in West Chester Pa but have a beach house in Avalon NJ...now that I am residing in an empty nest i divide my time between the 2 places...I am lucky that Avalon is only a short 90 mile drive...it's truly heaven on earth...you ladies will all have to come for a visit sometime.. [Smile]
Posted by: mellodysmiles

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 11:09 AM

Welcome AvalonBlondi,
Glad to have you. I live in California and although I have been to many states I have not made it to PA or NJ. Anyway, I'm sure you will love it here a BWS. Again, I say welcome. [Smile]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 12:37 PM

Welcome AvalonBlondi,

So we're all invited to the beach house? I'm packing! [Cool]
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 07:04 PM

Did someone say beach house? I'm there. And hey, I live in MD so you better watch out. It's only about a three hour drive for me and that's nothing!

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 07:24 PM

The bathing suit is packed...directions, please?
Posted by: Danita

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 09:01 PM

Me tooo Me tooo!

D.

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 11:04 PM

You girls are welcome anytime...just give me a 2 day lead so I can wash the towels and fill the fridge... [Cool]
Posted by: Danita

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/08/05 11:30 PM

Party at Avalon's house!

d.
Posted by: NHJackie

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/09/05 01:45 AM

Welcome, Avalon,

It's nice to have another east coaster here. I'm from NH and my kids both live in NY

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/09/05 07:22 AM

Thanks for the Welcome Jackie...New Hampshire is such a beautiful state...do you live near the coast?
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/09/05 06:06 PM

Welcome AvalonBlondi! Sorry to be so LATE in welcoming you but hey - I'm a writer and I'm writing all day.....I just don't stick my head in the Boomer Front Door as often as I should!

Glad to see the girls have made you feel at home.....this is a FABULOUS spot on the net so have fun exploring all the various topics in the forum.

Again - WELCOME!!! [Wink]

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/09/05 09:38 PM

We live in the Southern part of the state, but not on the ocean side. One of the things I love best about where I live is you an drive an hour in one direction and you're at the beach. An hour or so in another directions and you're headed for the mountains. The best of all possible worlds.

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/10/05 01:13 AM

Thanks for the Welcome Pam...how long have you been a writer? Do you write books or for a magazine or what? I'd like to read some of your work sometime...
Jackie...you are so lucky to be so close to the coast and also to the mountains...I'll bet you never have a dull weekend living there..I'd be ODing on lobster for sure...Have a great day.
Nancy
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/10/05 03:27 AM

It seems to me like we Boomers are sort of like a League of Nations all by ourselves... [Big Grin]
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/10/05 07:44 PM

[Big Grin] Welcome, Avalon!
I know you've come to the right place no matter what your concerns, hobbies, dreams are. In this forum you are at home. Enjoy the company of caring boomers from all walks of life. I know you made the right decision when you joined us!!

[Smile] God bless you!

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/10/05 09:01 PM

Thank You Songbird...I know I made the right decision too...you ladies are all so special!!
Posted by: Pam Kimmell

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/10/05 09:06 PM

Well Nancy you just HAD to mention lobster now didn't you?!?!?! My all-time favorite food. First thing I want to do when my hubby and I take vacations in Maine is get lobster! OK - now that I have THAT off my chest.....you asked what I write. I write mystery novels, but I'm also involved in other writing projects as well. I edited a poetry collection for a publisher - many contributions from our Boomer Sisters here in fact! I also co-authored a book with a couple of OTHER Boomer Sisters that was recently published. All my books are available on Amazon.

ANYWAY - back to you.......sounds like you have made a lot of friends in the short time you've been among us - ENJOY getting to know us and we certainly will enjoy getting to know you!!

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/10/05 09:32 PM

Jackie, that's on eof the things I like about living in Baltimore, but our drive to the montains/ocean is three hours, but still not so bad, huh? We live just north of the city so we have the country and the city to enjoy!

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/11/05 06:14 AM

Baltimore is another great city! Probably bigger than the entire state of NH. LOL

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/12/05 08:28 AM

Yup, probably! I love it here. The only thing I don't like is the traffic. It's getting worse!
Posted by: Sadie

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/12/05 08:51 AM

Dotsie,
I thought I was getting old when I said I hate that beltway traffic , but it is getting worst out there . Drivers are just crazy people .

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/12/05 08:51 AM

Dots,I Love Baltimore...my husband and I try to get down there at least once each summer for some of those delicious crabs at Obryckis...Traffic is getting ridiculous everywhere...that's one of the reasons i plan to do most of my Christmas shopping online this year... [Big Grin]

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/11/05 10:37 PM

Speaking of traffic, I had to go into Nashua, the small city near where I live, for an appointment this morning. And I could not believe how badly people were behaving on the highway. Almost as bad as driving into Boston. Was I ever glad to get home safely!

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/12/05 04:31 AM

Drove on the beltway everyday when living in Maryland what a challenge that was getting to DC for work, three years was enough for me. Imagine my surprise when coming home to Vegas and it had grown into a traffic nightmare the 3 years I was gone....
Posted by: Sandy in Tyler

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/13/05 01:54 AM

Welcome ! I'm new too, & saw the ad in AARP. Love that mag ! Hope to correspond with you as you pass thru this phase. Both my daughters are grown & gone, so I've been "just me" for a while. It's good. I've found myself again & I'm rather happy & comfy with it. Let me hear from you.

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/13/05 02:45 AM

A hearty welcome to you Sandy in Tyler. My step grandfather had a farm in Tyler, TX where he lived with his two 90 year old sisters. He was 95 or something when he passed on. So happy to have you here.... [Smile]
Posted by: Dianne

Re: Let me introduce Myself.... - 11/13/05 04:03 AM

Hey Sandy! Used to have relatives that lived in Tyler. So glad you've joined us.