Another contest for July...

Posted by: Dotsie

Another contest for July... - 06/24/04 08:25 PM

Have the forums helped you in any way, shape, or form?

If so, please tell me about it in one paragraph.

At the end of the month of July I'll put something in the mail for everyone who enters. [Wink]
Posted by: smilinize

Re: Another contest for July... - 06/25/04 12:09 AM

Help is certainly available here. Through good times and bad, this site is a positive note in my day. Caring is the foundation.
Way, form, or shape?

In every word, the "way" is evident. The only way. The way of the cross.
The "form" is prayer.
And the shape is a valentine. Always kind and loving and bright.

smile
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Another contest for July... - 06/25/04 01:32 AM

I was gonna say all that...honest injun.
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Another contest for July... - 06/25/04 06:57 AM

Well, I'm not gonna be like SOME people I know... [Big Grin]

I love to be in this community of wonderful women. It's nice that we can empathize with each other, commiserate at times, and laugh most of the time. I've found this group to be very supportive and encouraging.

Oh, and plus all the stuff Smile said and JawJaw implied. [Big Grin]

Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com

Re: Another contest for July... - 06/26/04 07:57 AM

OOPS, I need to make this a little more official. Please e-mail me at dots@boomerwomenspeak.com.
In one paragraph please share how these forums have connected, encouraged, and/or supported you. Please be specific. Thanks!
Posted by: Toni

Re: Another contest for July... - 06/27/04 08:22 PM

The Forums have helped me with my diet, have made me laugh, have shown me how to deal with difficult situations and have inspired me to do my best.
Posted by: caloona

Re: Another contest for July... - 06/28/04 03:46 PM

Even though i don't have much time to post I tell many other women about the site. It is neat to watch the interest on their faces.
I also remember the feeling of safety of acceptance when I would write about some things that would be close to my heart. In this world of today it's nice to have a place where one feels safe and accepted-unjudged.

Re: Another contest for July... - 06/28/04 08:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by caloona:
I also remember the feeling of safety of acceptance when I would write about some things that would be close to my heart. In this world of today it's nice to have a place where one feels safe and accepted-unjudged.

Caloona, thanks for the kind words. In many ways theses forums resemble my Monday Morning Prayer Group.

We understand that life is different for everyone, and try not to pass judgment.

We're here to simply love one another and build each other up. [Wink]
Posted by: Songbird

Re: Another contest for July... - 06/28/04 10:56 PM

Dotsie:
I know others have said it before, but I just have to say it too. Thanks for the support you give each and everyone of us! I thank God for this forum and you...

And... I emailed you with the "requested" paragraph regarding this forum. [Wink]
Posted by: Stormy

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/06/04 06:01 PM

Hi..
I just discovered this wonderful forum the other day. I usually lurk but something made me post..the devil or was it my evil make-believe twin who did everything wrong and blamed me? I have yet to meet such a remarkable, loving and warm group and I've "traveled" far and wide looking.

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Ps..I'm originally from MA.
Posted by: Stormy

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/06/04 06:02 PM

PS thanks Dottie and all those involved in creating and making this web area for us :-)

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/06/04 06:23 PM

Songbird, I'm glad you've found a new home. I'm enjoying getting to know you. How did you find us?

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/07/04 01:03 AM

Dotsie: I found this forum through the NAWW!I'm not a member yet, but I get the daily quotes and the weekly newsletter!

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/07/04 12:32 PM

I'm also a member of NAWW. I don't think I told anyone in here but I was their Featured Writer of the Week a few wekes ago.

Sherri', the founder is incredible. What an inspiration. [Wink] I met her at their conference in Texas. She's a lovely perosn, very family oriented on top of all she does for so many women writers!

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/07/04 06:19 PM

Dotsie: That was on the first week of June. And that's how I found you! Notice my starting date in this forum? I joined the day I read your info at the NAWW newsletter!

[ July 07, 2004, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Songbird ]
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/07/04 09:05 PM

You know what? I'm sitting here with a red face because I saw that and was so proud it was our own Dotsie they had in there!

I remember thinking that we would all be discussing this in the forums, and then what? I lost my brain? I revisited the twilight zone? I don't know! I can't remember now...course I can't remember what I ate for lunch yesterday either.

Anyhoooo...the point I am trying so desperately to make is that I SAW OUR VERY OWN being featured in NAWW and was soooo proud of you Ms D! You are finally getting the credits you so richly deserve!

Today NAWW Feature...tomorrow Oprah! (p.s. if you need a backup to go with ya to Oprah...I'm your man...so to speak)

JJ
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/07/04 09:13 PM

I have all my newsletters saved, so will look, for it. June was a total loss to me and have never quite got caught up. Go girl, I am proud of you! Three cheers for Dotsie!

Sherri
Posted by: Maggie

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/08/04 02:17 AM

Dotsie Congratulations!! Are you going to print it here so we can read it too.
Maggie
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/08/04 04:28 AM

Congradulations lovely lady.... [Razz]

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/08/04 06:11 PM

hanks ladies. I wasn't expecting all that! [Eek!]
Posted by: meredithbead

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/09/04 01:34 AM

Congrats Dotsie!! Thanks fantastic [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Is there a link so the rest of us can read your article?
Posted by: Thistle Cove Farm

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/12/04 07:03 AM

Okay, I'll bite.

What's NAWW?

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/11/04 09:50 PM

oops, National Association of Women Writers.

www.naww.org

Check out the site and sign up for the weekly newsletter. I learn a little something new each week while parusing the newsletter.
Posted by: Toni

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/14/04 06:17 PM

Congratualtions, Dotsie! This is great news and I wish you the very best!
Posted by: DonnaJ

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/14/04 06:58 PM

That's wonderful,Dotsie! Is there a way I can access the article? I've never heard of that organization.

Thanks and Congrats!

Donna
www.devotionalsbydonna.blogspot.com
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/14/04 11:30 PM

The NAWW, National Association of Women Writers is one of the most prestigious organizations a woman can belong to. Not just anyone can join, you must have some credentials of publishing from what I've learned. Its somethjing to strive for....
Posted by: Sherri

Re: Another contest for July... - 07/15/04 01:30 AM

The NAWW on your writers resume is a very good thing to have! I learned that!

Sherri

Re: Another contest for July... - 08/02/04 09:33 PM

July's winner will be announced tomorrow! [Wink]