Think you got problems?

Posted by: chatty lady

Think you got problems? - 08/18/09 02:24 AM

When we next think things seem to be piling up on us and we are feeling sorry for ourselves, we need to watch this woman from China and hang our heads. Watch the entire video...

http://www.elegantbay.com/main/amazingwoman.htm
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/18/09 12:42 PM

http://www.elegantbay.com/main/amazingwoman.htm

I have a hard enough time doing with my hands, what she does with her feet. I didn't watch the whole thing, but was amazed by her agility and patience. What an inspiration.
Posted by: Edelweiss3

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/18/09 06:31 PM

These kinds of videos are truly an inspiration. Everything we take for granted is a gift. And when things don't go our way, it is good to be more aware of these gifts and be thankful.

But, I’m not going to hang my head in shame, because I sometimes feel life is throwing me a curve ball. We all have to deal with our own personal bridges, and sometimes feeling sorry for oneself is necessary to touch base, and then build yourself up again.

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/18/09 10:29 PM

I think you're right Edelweiss and sometimes we do have terrible hardships to deal with. I was more speaking to the ones who whine for little or no reason. We all know people like that I bet.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/19/09 01:54 PM

Crab fishing is difficult enough using your hands. Don't think
I'd want to do it with my feet! Think I'll think twice before
lodging future complaints.

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/19/09 02:42 PM

We went to Dad's last night for crabs. My brother and his wife crabbed yesterday and caught a bushel, then steamed them. They jolked off and on about how inept my SIL is at catching crabs. Apparently there's a real craft to this. I couldn't help but think of this video. Like, ehat's the big deal. That woman is amazing.
Posted by: jabber

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/20/09 01:20 PM

She sure is. When we were in Virginia years ago [early 70's], my ex and some friends caught a huge amount of crabs and ate crab for dinner. As I recall, some sort of wire trap is used to haul the creatures in. I'm very inept at catching the critters, too. Someone dared my ex to drink the juice the crabs had been boiled in. And he did. Then he turned green. That tells you something about my first husband! LOL...
Posted by: gims

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/20/09 05:31 PM

WOW

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/22/09 08:22 PM

Jabber - ew. That's so gross. They put a ton of pepper esasoning on those things. I'm surprised he didn't do worse than turn green, like maybe grow claws...
Posted by: orchid

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/22/09 11:16 PM

Saw first half of video. While it's amazing and riveting..part of me also felt sad. Right now the woman is healthy, reasonably happy and agile to be "independent" in her lifestyle without her hands/arms.

I hate to think when she will not be that agile and fit later on, due to reality of aging.

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/23/09 07:31 PM

I suppose for now its a; glass is half empty or half full premise. You see what you see!
Posted by: Lola

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/23/09 08:34 PM

Thanks for the link, Chatty! She's an amazing woman indeed. There were times through the film, when it focused on the task she did, that made me forget that it was all carried out by feet. That amazing woman truly lives on a half-full glass premise...if not more. Otherwise, she could have easily just sulked her life away. What an inspiring individual.
Posted by: Dee

Re: Think you got problems? - 08/25/09 01:02 AM

Wow...I guess when life hands you lemons you make lemonaide. This woman obviously learned from birth how to deal with her handicap and is an inspiration to anyone feeling sorry for themselves. What an amazing story and an amazing woman.
Posted by: celtic_flame

Re: Think you got problems? - 09/03/09 08:39 PM

puts it in perspective eh! cheers chattie

Re: Think you got problems? - 09/05/09 11:45 PM

I do so admire those able to accept a handicap and go with it. I am a coward about most illiness's, I am trying to change that in myself...