Word Count question

Posted by: Dee

Word Count question - 06/02/08 01:03 PM

I have a new computer (didn't come with word software)...so I'm using a trail version of Microsoft Word 2007. We have Vista but I cannot for the life of me find where the word count is. Anyone out there able to help?

Thanks
Posted by: gims

Re: Word Count question - 06/02/08 02:52 PM

Did you mean 'trial' verion?
If so, did you look under Tools?

Re: Word Count question - 06/02/08 04:57 PM

Yes, 'trial'...sheesh...thanks Gims.
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Word Count question - 06/02/08 08:47 PM

MY word count is inder the 'tools' in my Word addition Dee...

Re: Word Count question - 06/02/08 11:36 PM

I found it finally...I have a bar but nothing that specifically says 'tools'. I poked around so much that I finally found the little sucker.
Chatty...I just love you picture...you remind me of my sister, Judy (God rest her soul). Your last photo reminded me of her as well.
Thanks all for coming to my rescue...again.
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: Word Count question - 06/03/08 11:50 AM

Dee, a new computer? HOw do you like it so far?

Re: Word Count question - 06/03/08 12:57 PM

Hi Dotsie,

I like it fine...taking some time getting used to Vista, however. I'm still feeling my way around it. It has some advantages and some disadvantages. I'm happy that this computer has enough memory for me to do what I need it to do...runs much faster. Thanks for asking. How are you doing these days?

Re: Word Count question - 06/03/08 03:56 PM

While it's exciting to get a new computer, it does take time to get use to them. It will be worth it in the long run. In a couple weeks you'll be a wiz at it.

Thanks for asking. I'm doing well. I love this time of year when I can be outside more, walking, working in the garden, and just sitting on the patio. I'm gearing up to go out there with some work. I've printed a bunch of stuff from the sites that needs rewriting and updates so I thought I'd do it outback. Love it!

Ross and the kids are in good places right now so that's refreshing. Our youngest graduates in a couple weeks so we'll all be going to that, plus two of my sisters are going, so we're psyched. We're in the middle of caring for a loved one with Alzheimer's which is like nothing we've ever experienced, but by the grace of God and great people, we're taking it a day at a time and managing to carry on.

Thanks for asking. I appreciate it.
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: Word Count question - 06/03/08 05:35 PM

I've had a computer virus for the last two days. Actually, three. I wanted to take a gun and shoot myself. I AM HERE TO TELL YOU....If you think Internet Explorer will keep you safe...GUESS AGAIN.

Get Foxfire as soon as you can...upgrade you anti-security software and feel good about it.

I have almost cracked under the pressure. WHEN I CAN'T WORK....that's when I die.

Re: Word Count question - 06/03/08 05:36 PM

Anytime, dear one. Glad to hear you're all in a good place. I hope the weather's not too hot at the moment and you can enjoy the patio for a long time. I'll keep your friend in my prayers...alzheimer's is such a sad disease.

Talk to you soon.
Posted by: gims

Re: Word Count question - 06/09/08 03:49 AM

Quote:

I found it finally...I have a bar but nothing that specifically says 'tools'. I poked around so much that I finally found the little sucker

We missed a very important part of your IP - you stated "Word 2007." That makes a big difference. I'm still working with 2003, but have used 2007 on the library's, a daughter's and one of my sister's computers.
I hate the toolbar on 2007, hate it! I'm sure it's workable when you get use to the grouping method, but personally, it's not for me - takes up too much room and isn't user friendly.
If you agree, the toolbar (called the ribbon in W2007) takes up too much room, you can customize...
First, hide the ribbon after opening Word Second, press Ctrl+F1, or double-click the Home tab. The ribbon disappears, but the group tabs will remain, along with the quick access toolbar. When you need to use a command, click the appropriate tab to display the ribbon group where the command is located. To hide the ribbon again, click the tab when you're finished with the command.

If there are commands you use frequently, put them on your quick access toolbar:
    1. Click Customize Quick Access Toolbar button (found @ right of Office button.
    2. Click More Commands.
    3. From the Choose Commands From, click the drop-down arrow
    4. Click All Commands.
    5. Click on the command you want to use.
    6. Click Add
    7. click OK.

I'm glad you found what you were looking for.

Re: Word Count question - 06/09/08 05:14 PM

Gims...you're such a big help...thanks for your concern and the information. The word 2007 is just a free trial..not sure if I'll keep it or go to something else. 2007 does have a lot of options...it just a matter of going to help and asking the right questions.

Thanks again sweetie!!

Re: Word Count question - 06/09/08 06:40 PM

gims, thanks. The things you learn at BWS!
Posted by: chatty lady

Re: Word Count question - 06/09/08 08:11 PM

WOW Gims, you are a whiz with this computer stuff huh? Kind of like being a living technical manual, LOL! Thanks...