NEW Publisher...

Posted by: chatty lady

NEW Publisher... - 11/09/06 09:24 PM

Check out this link, it speaks for itself....

www.authoridentity.com/
Happy writing...
Posted by: Louisa

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/09/06 11:12 PM

Interesting. Thanks, Chatty.
Louisa
Posted by: Princess Lenora

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/10/06 02:54 AM

Chatty, the site said "shied away." Is it shyed away or shied away? If it's shyed away than the publisher is already in trouble with the edit department.

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/10/06 12:13 PM

Lynnie, Thats because SHIED away is correct. Shied means easily frightened, cautious, reluctant and a host of similar expressions. I could not find SHYED anywhere with that spelling, it seems to be none existant, and I looked everywhere just to be sure...

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/11/06 02:19 AM

Thanks Chatty. Good to know it's correct! I could have looked it up myself, but then I'd have to take the lap top off my lap, get out of my rocking chair, and actually look in the dictionary.

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/11/06 07:31 AM

Lynnie, don't you have the Encarta on your laptop? It is invaluable when doing research...or go to www.Ask.com
Posted by: klmr13

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/11/06 02:35 PM

Lynnie...I threw away my paper dictionary a long time ago!
Go to Dictionary.com - has a thesaurus and links to atlases and almanacs and all sorts of great things! I keep an icon for it handy so clicking onto it takes a few seconds.

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/12/06 12:00 AM

Yes, well I am loyal to the dictionary. I remember learning to read the dictionary in grade school and it was the best school day of my life! Seriously, I can remember the lesson opening up the whole world of words. I know about .com, but I am not in the habit of using it, so I forgot. I'll put it on my favorites now. Thanks!
Posted by: Dianne

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/12/06 03:02 PM

Lynnie, I have CD's that teach new words, correct spelling and meaning. I listen to them in my car.
Posted by: Raven West

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/13/06 04:16 AM

This looks interesting in that it doesn't look like they're asking for any up-front money, but they also don't list what KINDs of stories they're looking for, fiction, romance, erotica so it's rather vague as to the guidelines. Will check them out with my other book pub sites and let you know...

Raven West
Posted by: jawjaw

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/13/06 01:33 PM

Raven,
I found this in their FAQ's section:

We are primarily searching for short stories in the genres of suspense, horror, humor, legal thriller, literature, juvenile, romance and chick lit.

Their submission guidelines are rather vague though.
Posted by: Dianne

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/13/06 08:44 PM

JJ, what is a legal thriller?
Posted by: Dancing Dolphin

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/13/06 08:45 PM

I just read a book called "Lincoln Lawyer" and would most likely classify it as a legal thriller. It involved a defense lawyer, some of his cases, murder mystery, etc. Very good book too!!

Kathy
Posted by: Saundra

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/13/06 11:03 PM

I read that book. It is good. Kathy, I've been wanting to ask...who are Rick and June?
Posted by: Lola

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/13/06 11:08 PM

Yes, Kathy: I have wondered about that myself. Was it a take on "Dick and Jane"?

Re: NEW Publisher... - 11/15/06 11:00 PM

I checked out the site, and also did a full search on all my writer's groups and such. I'm sending them a short story, as long as it doesn't cost the author anything, it's not a scam. IF, however, they ask for ANY money, for edits, distribution, advertising, even if it is only $1.00, RUN.. Bottom line is, if it looks too good to be true.... especially in the "publishing" area.

Re: NEW Publisher... - 12/24/06 04:01 AM

Well, my short story WILL BE published in this anthology, The SHORTCUT, 20 short stories to take you from here to there. Should be out sometime in 2007. Thanks for the information!!

Raven West
Posted by: Dotsie

Re: NEW Publisher... - 12/26/06 03:57 PM

Raven, glad to hear you followed through. Let us know when it's published.

Rcik and June are a take-off on Dick and Jane. I've read the book. It's hysterical. It's perfect for boomers who remember learning to read with Dick and Jane. Visit her site, www.rickandjune.com.